Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:21:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332863 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 418457 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6135 on: October 21, 2013, 12:36:05 AM »

VP2: Got to the end of Chapter 5's forest and beat the boss.

I remember that game being really hard because I played it very wrong.......

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6136 on: October 21, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »

4 mage team. Whatever could go wrong?
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6137 on: October 21, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »

A few more missions in on GTA V. Now I can switch between Franklin and Michael.
I'm taking my time with this game. It's a lot of fun just running around and exploring. There is so much to do, and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface. This entry definitely feels a lot more like the older, more fun GTAs (Vice City; San Andreas). That's something I can really appreciate. GTA IV is but a distant memory now...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6138 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:02 PM »

ICO/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3):

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6139 on: October 21, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »

I'm having a lot of fun with Princess Maker 5.

Half of the fun is the game, while the other half is trying to understand the system behind it.
There's a shitload of hidden stats that affect stuff all around and it's pretty damn complicated.

For example, my daughter was having a normal growth then she hit a major growth spur for 1 month and then nothing at all for the 2 months after.

I pretty much play the game while also looking at the memory addresses trying to find where the values are and how they interact.

The last time I had this much 'fun' going through a complicated system was with The Last Remnant... but sadly, in that case, I found out that the system was just a giant math.random() with no logic behind it. That's pretty much why I feel so letdown by that game =(
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6140 on: October 21, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »

ICO/Shadow of the Colossus (PS3):

Ending of Shadow
Code:
Seriously, it could be any fucking type of movie, film, media, etc.  When a dog or horse or whatever dies and he's your best buddy, it's fucking sadder than when any human character gets killed.  Although a close second for surprisingly tear-jerking game character deaths has to go to Rand's mom from BoFII

Pokemon Y
= Working on the fourth badge and brought a Ground type to soak up damages.
= I don't get how this game decides what's 3D and what isn't.  The power plant was, the other cities and maps aren't for whatever reason. 
= That one hologram creeped by out with the big dude with the red hair: "I SEE YOU'VE LEARNED MEGA EVOLUTION: LET US CHANGE THE WORLD AND MAKE A NEW FUTURE WITH THIS AWESOME POWEEERRRR" 
= Also, who's that fucking giant man I met after the power plant?  Holy shit, he scared the hell out of me.
= Furfrou is surprisingly bitchin' for an early normal type
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:28:48 PM by Dice » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6141 on: October 21, 2013, 04:48:37 PM »

Wait. You can swap out Alicia?

Either way though the dungeon was cake, even with my 3 man team (gee game, why should I send up all my einhejiar before Seraphic Gate again?). Either way though, Alicia is stupidly overleveled for this point of the game and armed with the top super loot from the end of chapter 3 so she can chew through over half of the boss's health in one attack all by herself (of course in cutsceneland after the fight she's pretty much falling over herself due to being a female in a Tri-Ace JRPG; also, goddammit, this game used to look good back when it first came out and now it looks kinda janky, WTF!?).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6142 on: October 21, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »

VP2 isn't that hard if you understand the slayer skills.
When people refer to how hard VP2 is, they are usually talking about high number Seraphic Gate runs or Crystal runs.

And dear lord are heavy warriors so much more powerful than anything else...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF-CEnG1glA
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6143 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:13 PM »

Wait. You can swap out Alicia?

Either way though the dungeon was cake, even with my 3 man team (gee game, why should I send up all my einhejiar before Seraphic Gate again?). Either way though, Alicia is stupidly overleveled for this point of the game and armed with the top super loot from the end of chapter 3 so she can chew through over half of the boss's health in one attack all by herself (of course in cutsceneland after the fight she's pretty much falling over herself due to being a female in a Tri-Ace JRPG; also, goddammit, this game used to look good back when it first came out and now it looks kinda janky, WTF!?).

The game kinda pushed limits graphically sort of.  I don't really care for the hybrid real and anime style that Japanese dev's sometimes go for (if anything, I find Korean artists are better at finding a middle ground with that).  I do admire the bloom effects as an early demonstration of what the PS3 would later milk.

Archers were also the best characters, bar none. 
Most main characters were crap too.  I think that's where I went wrong.  I think I'm gonna go for a "proper" play of the game soon.  A 100% playthough of the game feels almost impossible though

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6144 on: October 21, 2013, 11:29:28 PM »

Dylan and Rufus are the only main character that are actually better than the einherjar and even then, it takes a while before they become good (Dylan's Full Swing and Rufus' Killing Thorn)
The saddest thing in the whole game is how badly Lenneth Creator sucks. She is so effing bad...
It's funny that in the game 'Valkyrie Profile', a party of 4 Valkyrie is really pathetic (Hrist is descent... but everything else... urk)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6145 on: October 22, 2013, 12:58:19 AM »

Dylan and Rufus are the only main character that are actually better than the einherjar and even then, it takes a while before they become good (Dylan's Full Swing and Rufus' Killing Thorn)
The saddest thing in the whole game is how badly Lenneth Creator sucks. She is so effing bad...
It's funny that in the game 'Valkyrie Profile', a party of 4 Valkyrie is really pathetic (Hrist is descent... but everything else... urk)

That and the fact that einherjar don't make for the ext like Snagglepuss the major characters do. I'm at chapter 5 and all I have left are Alicia, Rufus, and that one einherjar you can only recruit during chapter 4 or above. If you didn't know it was coming (like I did) then have fun with a two man party for a chapter.

But yeah, Tri-Ace game. Next you'll tell me that spellcasters suck and that most game breaking methods require far more effort to pull off then they're worth.

Also, beat Ys Origin. Now to beat it again with Hugo and that other guy. (Also to beat that one boss in the fire dungeon. Goddamn, I wish I could skip cutscenes.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6146 on: October 22, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »

Ni No Kuni - I'm trying to get to
Code:
Hamelin but I keep running into Shadar and he keeps wiping the floor with me. I guess I have to grind for a while.

It's always irritating when you hit a brick wall after making steady progression.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6147 on: October 22, 2013, 11:22:26 PM »

That battle is absolutely ridiculous and really skews the difficulty curve for that one moment. It was sheer luck that I beat it on first try.

Hell, it was actually on my second try now that I think about it 'cause I thought it was one of those battles you were supposed to lose.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6148 on: October 22, 2013, 11:26:09 PM »

That battle is absolutely ridiculous and really skews the difficulty curve for that one moment. It was sheer luck that I beat it on first try.

Hell, it was actually on my second try now that I think about it 'cause I thought it was one of those battles you were supposed to lose.

I love when I think it's a battle you're supposed to lose... then I get a game over.... then I go back to the drawing board and grind for a while.

I stopped playing the game after that.  Painful AI and general battle nuances kinda killed it for me.  But by god what shameful and awful I wouldn't do for that wizard's book anyways (I think there's a pdf of it around, I actually wanna get that on paper....bah...). 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6149 on: October 22, 2013, 11:34:42 PM »

Played Kamui and Hellsinker from the Groupee doujin2 bundle. They're p. amazing.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: