Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:56:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327393 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 386051 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6240 on: November 05, 2013, 02:27:34 PM »

I just wanted to play the game =( but the game wouldn't let me... effing cutscenes all the time.

I'm still assuming that whoever made this game jerks off to Chopin.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6241 on: November 05, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »

I'm still assuming that whoever made this game jerks off to Chopin.

I giggled xD

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6242 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »

Item world-ing in D2 til my eye-balls hurt today. Too obsessed with powering up new character classes when I can create them.... all too compelling. Currently in chapter nine as far as the plot goes. A seemingly sharp difficulty spike prompted my item world grinding and now I can't stop!!

As much as I am enjoying disgaea, it will be exceedingly refreshing to return to Wind Waker once I finish the main plot (taking a breather before tackling post-game).

I'm gonna be bold and say D2 is my favorite disgaea thus far. Although my recall of the original disgaea is hazy, I can safely say I am enjoying this more then 2, 3 or 4. The cast and plot are far weaker than the original but the gameplay just feels so improved. The only ps3 strategy title that hooked me as well as this was x-com.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6243 on: November 06, 2013, 03:27:58 AM »

I picked up GTA V last weekend.

I really don't like the mission scoring system.

I feel like you're penalised if you don't play exactly the way Rockstar intended the mission to be played. I did one mission where I thought I was going to get gold but only got a silver because I didn't do headshots.

The fact they don't tell you what you needed to do to get a gold makes it feel needlessly padded because can almost never get a gold on your first try because you have no idea how to.

It just feels like all the freedom in the game is gone.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6244 on: November 06, 2013, 06:40:30 AM »

I picked up GTA V last weekend.

I really don't like the mission scoring system.

I feel like you're penalised if you don't play exactly the way Rockstar intended the mission to be played. I did one mission where I thought I was going to get gold but only got a silver because I didn't do headshots.

The fact they don't tell you what you needed to do to get a gold makes it feel needlessly padded because can almost never get a gold on your first try because you have no idea how to.

It just feels like all the freedom in the game is gone.

Just...relax.  It's a fun game; 100%-ing is for bums (why not).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6245 on: November 06, 2013, 07:06:04 AM »

When I have time to play I mainly have a few rounds of Dota2.
My consoles have been gathering dust (figuratively of course, I covered them up :) ). Ive been meaning to get around to tackling my arch nemesis FFXIII into which I put about 20 or so hours before putting it down a long, long time ago. The same intent goes for a load of other games in my backlog that I gathered over the years, many of which never even made it out of the box.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6246 on: November 06, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »

Morrowind
Collected all available books and punched Vivec to death.

Going to stop playing it now. Probably start a new character in a few months like I always do.

Oblivion
I am using Oscura's Oblivion Overhaul mod and having a total blast. The overhaul fixes a lot of issues I had with the game. When I first played Oblivion, I complained about how it was too colourful but after years of playing games that are different shades of brown and grey, it is quite refreshing. OOO is really hard and I am getting my ass kicked most of the time. Currently level 3.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6247 on: November 06, 2013, 10:10:32 AM »

Just...relax.  It's a fun game; 100%-ing is for bums (why not).

I can't help it. It really bugs me seeing a message come up saying "Silver medal because of X".

Might as well put up a message after every mission in big flashing letters "YOU'RE FUCKING DOING IT WRONG!"

I really, really, really hate it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6248 on: November 06, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »

Uncharted 3 multiplayer:

If before the last patch the multiplayer was fun and messy, now is messy and it kind of feels all over the place. Probably it has to do with how many new people got the F2P version and play like crap all the time that made the game feel like that.

Also the leaderboard was hacked. This is what Eric-ND said on the Naughty Dog site:

@xInsideJob: "And the stats / leaderboards?  What are you going to do and why?"

@Eric-ND: "Nothing happening with those. We debated this greatly and decided that everyone knows who the cheats and hackers are. We can't really stop them - someone is always going to try to hack the boards—so it's best to leave it in place as is."

100%-ing is for bums (why not).

Uh. What if you play a game for a long time because you really like it and complete the whole thing because of that? I usually do that because I really don't buy that many games in comparison with others.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:08:06 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6249 on: November 06, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »

Yeah, Dear Esther was short alright. And I took longer than most people, it seems. It DOES beg to be "played" again, if only to understand parts of the story better. As usual, I was clueless, so I looked it up.
I really liked the music and will probably buy the soundtrack by Jessica Curry. Unless I already have it. Could have been in one of those game music bundles I buy. Hmmm...

Anyway, I'll probably go back to Darksiders 2 until I figure out what I truly want to play next.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6250 on: November 06, 2013, 12:23:21 PM »

It's been awhile since I played a rpg and I am going through withdrawal.  After the psp feature,  I really want to buy a psp but I need to finish/try the last of the ds RPGs.  I've got Suikoden Tierkreis, Radiant Historia, Dragon Quest 9, and Luminous Arc 2 on my list.

Also has anyone tried Hometown Story?  That's been on my radar for a while.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6251 on: November 06, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »

Uh. What if you play a game for a long time because you really like it and complete the whole thing because of that? I usually do that because I really don't buy that many games in comparison with others.

I try to get some trophies to extend the life of games I like. More to give me a goal when I want too play some of my favourite games. Using Bioshock Infinite as an example, I would go back to the game to replay certain levels in an attempt to get the trophies for killing enemies with certain weapons. If I wasn't having fun I simply stopped. One of the reasons I did not complete 1999 Mode.

I don't think I could try to platinum a game I wasn't having fun with like you did with The Last of Us however.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6252 on: November 06, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »

Getting fed up with Disgaea D2. The game freezes up so often that it has become virtually impossible to continue. Right now I'm stuck at 5-1, because the enemy's Giga Fire freezes up my PS3 every single goddamn time! I've played shitty shovelware with bothersome bugs than this...
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6253 on: November 06, 2013, 07:41:10 PM »

Getting fed up with Disgaea D2. The game freezes up so often that it has become virtually impossible to continue. Right now I'm stuck at 5-1, because the enemy's Giga Fire freezes up my PS3 every single goddamn time! I've played shitty shovelware with bothersome bugs than this...

Man, I've been reading about that and have been lucky I suppose. 9-4 and not one freeze yet. These old launch model ps3's run like magic I tell ya!

What could be the reason that a game could cause bugs on one system and not another I wonder....?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6254 on: November 06, 2013, 08:04:25 PM »

Bad presses?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: