Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 10:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334495 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 423677 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6420 on: December 01, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »

Signed up for PS Plus pretty much just so i can get Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for "free". Then it tells me it's a 12GB download!!! Holy shit! Even with fast internet, that's going to take a while.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6421 on: December 02, 2013, 12:31:07 AM »

Signed up for PS Plus pretty much just so i can get Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for "free". Then it tells me it's a 12GB download!!! Holy shit! Even with fast internet, that's going to take a while.

That's the same reason I joined.  When I first tried to download it, I didn't have enough space so I had to delete game data.  Then I fell asleep with it downloading.  When I tried to install it, an error occurred and I had to redownload.  It took 24 hrs but I have it installed. I am about to try it out. 

I also got Hotline Miami which I am terrible at.  You have to have quick reflexes for this game.  I will say that it is fun despite getting killed every few seconds.  Be warned, the game will cramp your hands. 

I also finished Batman Orgins.  I played it on the WiiU and man you could hear the poor little thing chugging.  The game froze on me a couple of times when I was grappling through the city.  I did like the detective stuff that was new to the series and having the game pad function as a map was great.

Okay I started DD and was confused at first.  I thought I started the expansion pack first since it started in the middle of things.  Anyways when the game began it took me forever to customize my heroine.  I didn't know until after that build affects things.  Hopefully I didn't screw myself.  I chose strider since I like being away from the fray.  I was hoping for some kind of auto-lock since I have bad hand-eye coordination.  Made my pawn a Mage since I need a healer.  Thinking maybe I should have done a fighter as a tank.  I'll have to fight some more battles to see if my classes are working out.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:49:13 AM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6422 on: December 02, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »

The magic archer class (the advanced form of Stryder?) has auto lock.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6423 on: December 02, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »

The magic archer class (the advanced form of Stryder?) has auto lock.
Magic Archer it is then! I'm with CW, in that I pretty much NEED lock on in my games. I totally suck otherwise.
I had to pause the DL last night. I'll continue it later.

unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6424 on: December 02, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »

Had a productive last few weeks knocking both Heavy Rain and Folklore out of the backlog.
Heavy rain ended up pretty dumb in the end, not really a fan of the writing style.
On the other hand, I did enjoy folklore a lot, though the repetitiveness holds it back. The ending was very well done (the best kind of bitter-sweet) and I am really happy I got around to finishing it.

I decided to go on a ps1 buying spree to pick up some of the old classics I missed, so I bought Koudelka, Suikoden, Chrono cross and Xenogears. Only played a bit of each so far, but they all seem like solid games. Now I just need to decide on which one to stick with... :P
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6425 on: December 02, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »

Wouldn't have been the same price just to get the game?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6426 on: December 02, 2013, 09:02:31 PM »

Wouldn't have been the same price just to get the game?

Cheaper, actually. The game was $40 on release and I can only imagine the price has gone down since. Then again, I got PS+ 18 months ago and have never regretted it. Despite how many times a game that I already bought and have yet to play ends up free.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6427 on: December 02, 2013, 09:10:09 PM »

I got PS+ for DD:DA, too. Only thing is I only payed a month, so theoretically it cost me less. I really gotta get around to it, but holidays kept me busy.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6428 on: December 02, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »

I was getting set to buy the game for $27 or whatever it is on Amazon, so Yes, it's worth signing up for PS plus for. Plus, the other features, games, etc.
It actually ended up only taking a couple hours to download. Then some more time to install.
It's a tad confusing at first because the game starts you out as if you've played before. Like your at the end of the journey. You play for 15 minutes, and then things get reset, and I got to pick my character and such.
I went with Strider
From the battles in the beginning it seems like a lot of fun. We'll see how it goes.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6429 on: December 03, 2013, 12:51:31 AM »

Jamestown - Finished the first three stages on difficult, one of the challenge stages, and have three of the ships unlocked. Gonna start going for better Vault combos.

Radirgy - WTF IS HAPPENING.

LttP - I;ve gotten 3 keys so far in the Misery Mire dungeon.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:37:16 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6430 on: December 03, 2013, 01:41:43 AM »

Wind Waker HD

Won't lie, I'd love trophies for Zelda games.  Do the three heart challenge (Gold).  Beat X Boss in #min (Silver).  Chart every part of the Sea (Bronze).  Cut down 1,000 patches grass, bush, or tree.  Roll into the wall 100 times.  Etcetera....etcetera

Code:
I love how Tetra goes from this mischievous little pirate Cpatain to helpless Princess all thanks to a wardrobe change and new hairdo and makeup.  Granted, the circumstances are against her I guess, and I guess you can factor "repressed memories"...but eh.

Also, when you're in Deep Sea Hyrule castle and you go out the front entrance, there's a giant tower in the distance...is that an LoZ reference that I'm forgetting about??

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6431 on: December 03, 2013, 08:32:26 AM »

I was getting set to buy the game for $27 or whatever it is on Amazon, so Yes, it's worth signing up for PS plus for. Plus, the other features, games, etc.
It actually ended up only taking a couple hours to download. Then some more time to install.
It's a tad confusing at first because the game starts you out as if you've played before. Like your at the end of the journey. You play for 15 minutes, and then things get reset, and I got to pick my character and such.
I went with Strider
From the battles in the beginning it seems like a lot of fun. We'll see how it goes.

I believe the first part was supposed to be a prologue/training session, which I do not think the developers did a very good job of conveying.

Once you're at the end of the game however, these first events will make more sense.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6432 on: December 03, 2013, 09:41:16 AM »

Wind Waker HD

Won't lie, I'd love trophies for Zelda games.  Do the three heart challenge (Gold).  Beat X Boss in #min (Silver).  Chart every part of the Sea (Bronze).  Cut down 1,000 patches grass, bush, or tree.  Roll into the wall 100 times.  Etcetera....etcetera

Code:
I love how Tetra goes from this mischievous little pirate Cpatain to helpless Princess all thanks to a wardrobe change and new hairdo and makeup.  Granted, the circumstances are against her I guess, and I guess you can factor "repressed memories"...but eh.

Also, when you're in Deep Sea Hyrule castle and you go out the front entrance, there's a giant tower in the distance...is that an LoZ reference that I'm forgetting about??

The entire area is supposed to be the Hyrule from Link to the Past. The tower is the Tower of Hera (or was it called Eagle Tower in LttP?) You can also see the Lost Woods and Kakariko Village.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6433 on: December 03, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »

Wind Waker HD

Code:

The entire area is supposed to be the Hyrule from Link to the Past. The tower is the Tower of Hera (or was it called Eagle Tower in LttP?) You can also see the Lost Woods and Kakariko Village.

I thought it was that too, but the one in WW goes " \  / "  and the Tower of Hera in LttP is more pyramid-like.  It still could be that or Eagle Tower though (it seems to have wing-like finials on it).  But damn, I didn't see Kakariko, I should have looked more carefully.  I love the parts of a game that aren't explored sometimes for making me want to explore it....  okay, I guess that's actually a bad thing on the game's part (and another reason to love Xenoblade where you can basically get to any point that you see on any map)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:14:52 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6434 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »

Yeah, that scenery really made me want to see a 3D remake of LttP in the aesthetic of WW. Though I am very happy with the different-kind-of-3D sequel we got instead.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: