Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 11:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329713 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 400196 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6555 on: December 21, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »

Now to get a boat...after I do one or two last bounty quests...

HAHAHA, you would think that, wouldn't you?

I really can't express how fed up I got with this game. Overall it was good, but it asked players to put up with way too much bull.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6556 on: December 22, 2013, 05:56:34 PM »

Suikoden 2 is utterly awesome...

I am so enthralled searching every nook and cranny for more characters.... although it sure does slow down advancing the story.

This weekend has been real productive for my "Noelle Army" of "Eden" castle. Humphrey and Futch have been secured. I FINALLY recruited Stallion (my all time favorite elf by merit of how quickly he lets me zip around) amongst a slew of others.

Wakaba in particular is fun simply for his battle sprite animations which are remarkably "street fighter"-ee.

I clocked 26 hours playtime in a about a week (that is a lot of game-time for me). I am hooked.

Aeolus sir, you were right. Focusing on this game was a GREAT move. I DID not ruin christmas with the spoiler last week... catastophe averted.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6557 on: December 22, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »

I am so enthralled searching every nook and cranny for more characters.... although it sure does slow down advancing the story.

I feel like I should give Suik 3 another go sometime -- I loved hunting down playable characters in like, Chrono Cross, Ultima 6, and the SaGa games.

Anyway I got the IREM games working well through through /methods/ and just some initial thoughts:

- All the SHMUPS except for Air Duel are really neat. Image Fight is sort of mean but the checkpoints in it aren't as utterly evil as R-Types. R-Type Leo might be my favorite R-Type game.

- Undercover Cops is surprisingly neat. The environment /does things/ -- like the first boss can throw you into a steam press thing?

- I like Gunforce II a lot but not Gunforce I so much, mostly because GF1 appears to use pixel-perfect collision instead of hitboxes which just sucks for these kinds of games since it makes dodging bullets impossible.

- Never big on the Kung-Fu series but I'm willing to give it another shot.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6558 on: December 23, 2013, 10:27:13 AM »

Suikoden 3 starts off slow, but the plot is great and the trinity sight system is really cool.

I finished Bioshock Infinite on the weekend. I liked the game, and I understood what they were trying to do, but the ending was not explained very well.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6559 on: December 23, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »

Dragons Dogma - I'm having fun now! My characters are gaining levels and skills. Battles are a crazy mess, but lots of fun. I'm in Gran Soren, and aiming for the Thieves Den next. Lots of sidequests to do, too. I've got 9 days off after today, so I'm hoping for some good gaming time.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6560 on: December 23, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »

Suikoden 3 starts off slow, but the plot is great and the trinity sight system is really cool.

My problem with Suik 3 was that I started with Geddoe instead of like, Chris or Johnathan Taylor Thomas. Which is comparable to only playing the Gus missions in SaGa Frontier 2. I definitely liked its battle system more than 1's, though. Also I remember the map being kind of controversial but I thought Suik 1's overworld was blaeghlaughaghl.

I need to get back to this when I quit being burnt out on RPGs.

Anyway.

Secret Agent - The videos made me think this was using the same engine as Commander Keen, except it's not. So the jump physics are kind of gross, as is the collision detection. Stiiiill it has a kind of level design I like.

Escape Goat - This seems nice but so far it also seems short and I've been getting through the puzzles just by... randomly pressing switches basically.

Steam Genesis Stuff - Played with Monster World 3 a bit. People on Steam are complaining about the sound quality in the emulator -- apparently it's Gens based -- but I'm not really noticing it. It's definitely better than what the old Smash Packs had, but the treble seems de-emphasized on it and it's a little mushy, maybe? Still, audio output on TVs varies a lot too so I'm not sure how you gauge the accuracy of the sound emulation, unless it's just egregiously malfunctioning like in that IREM thing.

That's apparently why some of the 3D Classics on the 3DS have equalizers in them -- the individual cabs would vary in how they sounded for a variety of reasons -- wear and tear, the acoustic properties of the room, slight manufacturing differences, etc -- so it's basically just a case of letting the user decide what sounds best.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6561 on: December 23, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »

Now to get a boat...after I do one or two last bounty quests...

HAHAHA, you would think that, wouldn't you?

I really can't express how fed up I got with this game. Overall it was good, but it asked players to put up with way too much bull.

I had no idea what you were talking about until I actually got to the Cove. 3 hours later, I'm still not on a boat...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6562 on: December 23, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »

Home stretch in Ys Origin.  Between last night and earlier tonight I took out sand monster, giant mantis, trident girl, wizard skank, and halberd guy (had a save right before sand monster).  Pretty sure there's only one boss left, but I'm supposed to head over to my neighbors' to watch pro wrestling.  Might finish it tomorrow.  Using Yunica, playing on Hard. 

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6563 on: December 23, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »

Woot, big KanColle update!  There's a new large ship construction option so Yamato is buildable!  And there's a Christmas event crossover with Arpeggio of Blue Steel in which you can get I-401!

...nobody cares, do you...

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6564 on: December 23, 2013, 08:27:31 PM »

Woot, big KanColle update!  There's a new large ship construction option so Yamato is buildable!  And there's a Christmas event crossover with Arpeggio of Blue Steel in which you can get I-401!

I sort of do. I really get into games like that... like *REALLY* get into them, which is why I tend to avoid them these days.

Taking a break from my backlog to replay the Ace Attorney games. I just love how exciting those games get, and it's been long enough since I played them that I don't really remember much of anything about the cases themselves, so I once again get to share the characters' "AH-HA!" moments. My favorite thing about these games is they're framed in such a way that those moments of revelation really do happen at the exact same time for the characters and player.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6565 on: December 23, 2013, 08:40:01 PM »

I want to build the Yamato. =[

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6566 on: December 23, 2013, 09:29:15 PM »

I'm kind of spinning my wheels and just playing stuff like Mario Kart and Katamari until I open my Xmas presents when I know I'll have new fun stuff to play.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6567 on: December 24, 2013, 04:11:27 AM »

Been playing DD:DA way too long.  Not only do I have a headache, but I also feel nauseated.  On the plus side, I beat the game.  Yet again I apparently ended up in a romantic relationship with another  random character.  I actually started a ng+ so I could check out Bitterblack Isle.  I took AgentD's way leveled warrior with me for protection.  Oh and Grim, I hired your pawn so I could put her in better gear.  I hope you don't mind.  I couldn't let her run around in shabby clothes.  Truth be told my motivation for playing on is for better gear.  I think I would enjoy Style Savvy.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6568 on: December 24, 2013, 06:00:25 AM »

My problem with Suik 3 was that I started with Geddoe instead of like, Chris or Johnathan Taylor Thomas. Which is comparable to only playing the Gus missions in SaGa Frontier 2. I definitely liked its battle system more than 1's, though. Also I remember the map being kind of controversial but I thought Suik 1's overworld was blaeghlaughaghl.

I need to get back to this when I quit being burnt out on RPGs.

It doesn't help that the game loves to stack fights against you. But yeah, at least going through Chris and Hugo's introductory chapters helps in getting a grasp on what Geddoe is up to since he's basically the middle man in the conflict between the other two.

Home stretch in Ys Origin.  Between last night and earlier tonight I took out sand monster, giant mantis, trident girl, wizard skank, and halberd guy (had a save right before sand monster).  Pretty sure there's only one boss left, but I'm supposed to head over to my neighbors' to watch pro wrestling.  Might finish it tomorrow.  Using Yunica, playing on Hard. 

Man, that Sand Monster boss sucks all kinds of balls when playing on a keyboard. Same with that other boss you have to climb on top of to hurt its weak spot much earlier on (so much so that I haven't bothered to fight that guy in my Hugo Lunatic run).

I want to build the Yamato. =[

Are you going to get her and her entourage punked by a couple of Tincans and six Combustible, Vulnerable, Expendables (and a shitload of planes)?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6569 on: December 24, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »

Been playing DD:DA way too long.  Not only do I have a headache, but I also feel nauseated.  On the plus side, I beat the game.  Yet again I apparently ended up in a romantic relationship with another  random character.  I actually started a ng+ so I could check out Bitterblack Isle.  I took AgentD's way leveled warrior with me for protection.  Oh and Grim, I hired your pawn so I could put her in better gear.  I hope you don't mind.  I couldn't let her run around in shabby clothes.  Truth be told my motivation for playing on is for better gear.  I think I would enjoy Style Savvy.
Clara? Yeah, she looks dull, as I hadn't taken the time to get her better stuff yet. Thanks!

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: