Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:32:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331872 Posts in 13591 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 414627 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6870 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:53 PM »

Finally just finished my second run in 999. I have to go spoilerville:

Code:
DAMN. THAT was the safe ending?! Seriously? That was freaking epic, and felt like it should have been the true ending. Ace gone crazy, the incinerator scene, then poor June(Akane) disappearing right at the end. The credits even rolled like I was all done. This all took a couple hours. I have a very hard time believing any other ending will be better than this one.
I really don't feel up to a third playthrough after all that. I'll do it, if you guys insist, but it feels done to me.
I'm already looking forward to playing Zero's Escape. Crazy stuff.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6871 on: January 21, 2014, 12:00:38 AM »

It's sooooo not done. Trust us, the true ending is worth it. Dooo eeet.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6872 on: January 21, 2014, 12:20:36 AM »

The cliffhanger for the safe ending creeped me out.  You're so close to the answer only to be swiftly and rudely shut-out of it.  Also the goddamn music in the game gives me the chills.  This one especially (WARNING: CLIP FROM AFOREMENTIONED SAFE ENDING)

Your at the final stretch, Grim!  Finish!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:24:21 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6873 on: January 21, 2014, 06:49:55 AM »

Play Persona 2 Innocent Sin at the moment. Game is alright. The whole rumors becoming reality thing is an awesome set up. I am sort of meh on the characters at the moment. Hopefully that will improve.

Side note, I remembered that there were supposed to be some characters from Persona 1 who returned, and for some reason thought Lisa was one of the returning characters since it had been so long since I played Persona 1. Only to become confused when she was confused about Personas. Later looked it up in a wiki to see that no she is different from the character I was thinking of despite having a semi-similar design.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6874 on: January 21, 2014, 07:36:13 AM »

So it begins.. if you were impressed by the safe ending just wait until you see the true ending. IT'S CONSIDERABLY superior and more epic. And you still should have so many questions unanswered why would you stop now xD.

Edit: If you didnt notice the little movie that plays after the safe ending shows you the path to the true ending, dont forget to make all the choices that are present in the flowchart btw.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:49:18 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6875 on: January 21, 2014, 09:09:35 AM »

So it begins.. if you were impressed by the safe ending just wait until you see the true ending. IT'S CONSIDERABLY superior and more epic. And you still should have so many questions unanswered why would you stop now xD.

Edit: If you didnt notice the little movie that plays after the safe ending shows you the path to the true ending, dont forget to make all the choices that are present in the flowchart btw.

Little movie? Why am I not remembering this?
Code:
The last bit was with someone(Zero?) taking June away. Then I got the credits. Then a little thing saying The End...or is it? And that was it. Did I miss something?

Don't worry folks, I have full intention of starting up round 3 tonight. I was thinking I might have somehow stumbled upon the real ending! haha.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6876 on: January 21, 2014, 09:13:37 AM »

A little movie should have played after the credits end and that message appears. In the main menu of the game there should be a section called previews, the little movie is there, it's like an unlockable. It doesnt matter anyway, it's just a nice touch to lead people into the true path. If you click on dice's youtube link you will see it appears to the person playing it on youtube right at the end(last 30 seconds of the video).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:15:16 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6877 on: January 21, 2014, 10:54:25 AM »

And you still should have so many questions unanswered why would you stop now xD.

Like Seven becoming finally relevant!
He's cool.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6878 on: January 21, 2014, 11:00:44 AM »

Glad to hear you weren't disappointed, Grim. I would've felt bad egging you on to keep going if you were.

Progress in Eternal Sonata has slowed down to a crawl. I'm on Double Reed Tower, but I just don't like playing only one game anymore. I think I need to accept that my gaming habits are different from a lot of other people's and stop worrying about getting through my backlog. Because clearly I'm happiest when I play a little bit of several different games here and there as opposed to just binging on one until I finish it.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6879 on: January 21, 2014, 11:29:27 AM »

Glad to hear you weren't disappointed, Grim. I would've felt bad egging you on to keep going if you were.

Progress in Eternal Sonata has slowed down to a crawl. I'm on Double Reed Tower, but I just don't like playing only one game anymore. I think I need to accept that my gaming habits are different from a lot of other people's and stop worrying about getting through my backlog. Because clearly I'm happiest when I play a little bit of several different games here and there as opposed to just binging on one until I finish it.

Playing only 1 game at a time is a bad strategy(unless it's a game that you really really enjoy or it is an extremely short game) even for backlog destruction purposes(I have street cred on this, I beat 59 games last year). I always play 2-3 games at a time. If one of them is a traditional jrpg, the other game has to be a more action oriented game. - be it fps, platformer, action/adventure, hack and slash..
Otherwise you will get burned on that one game you are focusing all your efforts into. I usually play each game a little bit everyday or switch them around on a bi daily basis.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:34:43 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6880 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »

I tend to play multiple games but once I find myself enjoying one more than the others, I only play that one. Not really to knock a number off my backlog but rather I am simply having more fun with that one. Whether you play one game or many at once, at the end of the day, the aim of the game is to have fun.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6881 on: January 21, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »

I tend to play multiple games but once I find myself enjoying one more than the others, I only play that one. Not really to knock a number off my backlog but rather I am simply having more fun with that one. Whether you play one game or many at once, at the end of the day, the aim of the game is to have fun.

That's true, I never continue games I am not enjoying at a given moment, if I dont like the game outright, I will simply delete it from my list entirely.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6882 on: January 21, 2014, 09:16:21 PM »

Xenoblade - Truckin' like a novacane hurricane through the Valley of the Shadow of Death and getting a better feel for how to use Melia

Contra 4 - I'm not racist, but this is almost too hard to be fun :T Still haven't gotten past level 1. Level 1 feels long.

I was thinking about hacking Legend of Mana so you couldn't hit stun enemies but reading assembly is hard and details make me nervous and then the nihilism hit.

Maybe I should play Eurotruck. I need something holy.

--- edit ---

Ikaruga - ALMOST got to Level 3. The Level 2 boss is creative!
LoM - Isolated the block of instructions that subtracts the damage done from the current enemy health.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:49:54 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6883 on: January 21, 2014, 11:57:34 PM »

Xenoblade - Truckin' like a novacane hurricane through the Valley of the Shadow of Death and getting a better feel for how to use Melia

I liked having one spell always buffing.  I upgraded Lightning enough to "recharge" once every twelve seconds.  Stood back, watched it all go.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6884 on: January 22, 2014, 07:19:59 AM »

Persona 4 Golden

The skill cards are pretty game breaking but the game is still really fun. It took a while to get used to Chie and her new voice. I preferred her old one but it could be argued that the new voice is a closer fit to her personality. Didn't even realise that Teddie got a new voice actor.

Just beat the first dungeon at level 9 thanks to a physical resisting Senri. The bonus boss there is kicking my ass though. It is just one rampage after another :(
Doesn't help that there is no save point before him and losing in very hard mode brings you to the loading screen rather than the beginning of that floor.

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: