Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332827 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 418108 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6960 on: February 01, 2014, 04:05:59 PM »

I have a /really/ hard time being interested in episodic game design because I can hardly think of any off the top of my head that get finished in a reasonable period of time/at all.

What about everything Telltale has done?

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6961 on: February 01, 2014, 04:45:17 PM »

Holy crud, I actually beat all the Caves of Evil in Muramasa Rebirth, so I have the invisibility accessory! I really want to platinum this game, but I'm already sick and tired of running through the dungeons over and over again from accessory hunting. So I don't think I can stomach another 108 sword playthrough on Fury mode right now. Hopefully I'll feel like it sometime in the future. Oh well, still need to level Momohime up a little so she can equip the ultimate sword and I can get the last ending. Then on to the first DLC!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6962 on: February 01, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »

Trying to get the 20/30 trophies in Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded for the secret ending. Today I was hoping to get at least 4 more trophies, but instead spent most of the day unsuccessfully tying to get all the SP prizes in the last batch of system sectors. Happy I played through it though, as it provides a nice addendum to the endings of Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth by Sleep. And yes, I know Youtube makes unlocking the secret ending unnecessary, but I'm old fashioned and enjoy earning things like that.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6963 on: February 01, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »

Xenogears:

Every time I do Citan's X move, the one were he thrusts his palms forward and down, it looks like he's grabbing a butt.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6964 on: February 03, 2014, 08:21:25 AM »

I have a /really/ hard time being interested in episodic game design because I can hardly think of any off the top of my head that get finished in a reasonable period of time/at all.

The wait is still too long. I want to progress at *my* pace. Not someone else's.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6965 on: February 03, 2014, 09:33:55 AM »

The wait is still too long. I want to progress at *my* pace. Not someone else's.

I agree.  I feel it's better to have at LEAST a date for the follow-up title as well.  Releasing early to some of the Kickstarters was a nice idea, but I feel the product lose steam when reviews and initial player commentary/hype are coming out two weeks early.

Yaay, Brave Default is out soon.  After a bit of a gaming slump for two-three months it'll be nice to have something brand spanking new.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6966 on: February 04, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »

I'm nearing the end of Sora no Kiseki SC (middle of chapter 8.) It's absolutely incredible. You guys have so much to look forward to.

(though the second-to-last boss in chapter 7 is one of the cheapest bosses I've ever fought)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6967 on: February 04, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »

37 hours in FF XIII - Damn reaching Gran Pulse was awesome. Im currently in Oerba and I see that I might be close to the end.
The game is great I honestly dont get the negatvity. Extremely well made battle system and it's easily the most challenging final fantasy I have ever played. Good music although not as memorable as other iconic entries and a competent plot with great characters. The plot itself is very simple, it's more about the character interactions and their journey through the various exploits in Cocoon and Grand Pulse.
The crystarium system is alright aswell and the level of customization is decent. I dont see anything fundamentally wrong with the game, maybe the linearity if that bothers you, doesnt bother me though.

The game has weird pacing though, it's combat-story-combat-story.. It almost feels like a dungeon crawler with so many damn fights. It would be cool to have some quiet moments and cool sidequests to do but given the context of the plot it makes sense that it doesnt have anything of the sort.
Im happy to see the classic summons back, that was a big letdown for me in FF XII. Even though some of them are weird like Shiva, they are still recognizable and cool, they are not very useful unfortunately(Alexander is a beast though). Why did Fang have to be the one with Bahamut.. She is an alright character but I dont use her. It's not the best FF ever made but it's far from being the worse. I would give it a confortable ranking in the number 6 spot more or less. I figure I still have atleast 10-15 hours of game so it can get even better if the story gets a little bit more complex.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:18:11 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6968 on: February 04, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »

I'm always happy to hear when someone else enjoys FFXIII, I understand how it can be not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a solid game and I feel like the hatred for it is massively inflated by negative hype.

Glad I stuck around for the secret ending in Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded. That was what I was looking for, a way to go into KH 3D knowing what the heck is going on.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6969 on: February 04, 2014, 12:38:20 PM »

Playing Assassin's Creed II.  First time I've played any AC game.  I like it quite a bit; the story stuff is fair, but the historical fiction aspects of it are really interesting.  I like the open world, but it feels a little too samey - it's very, very obvious that the team re-used assets constantly, which is fine but I wish the different parts of Florence and Tuscany were a bit better-differentiated. 

The open crowd combat stuff is okay, but kind of easy and light on punishment.  My favorite parts of the game are the more confined, linear areas (Assassin tombs, Templar lairs, etc.) which feel like really good Prince of Persia levels.  What I'm saying is I want Assassin's Creed to be more like Prince of Persia, but I get the idea that the later games in the series move it in the other direction.  Maybe I just want another Prince of Persia game?

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6970 on: February 04, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »

37 hours in FF XIII - Damn reaching Gran Pulse was awesome. Im currently in Oerba and I see that I might be close to the end.
The game is great I honestly dont get the negatvity. Extremely well made battle system and it's easily the most challenging final fantasy I have ever played. Good music although not as memorable as other iconic entries and a competent plot with great characters. The plot itself is very simple, it's more about the character interactions and their journey through the various exploits in Cocoon and Grand Pulse.
The crystarium system is alright aswell and the level of customization is decent. I dont see anything fundamentally wrong with the game, maybe the linearity if that bothers you, doesnt bother me though.

The game has weird pacing though, it's combat-story-combat-story.. It almost feels like a dungeon crawler with so many damn fights. It would be cool to have some quiet moments and cool sidequests to do but given the context of the plot it makes sense that it doesnt have anything of the sort.
Im happy to see the classic summons back, that was a big letdown for me in FF XII. Even though some of them are weird like Shiva, they are still recognizable and cool, they are not very useful unfortunately(Alexander is a beast though). Why did Fang have to be the one with Bahamut.. She is an alright character but I dont use her. It's not the best FF ever made but it's far from being the worse. I would give it a confortable ranking in the number 6 spot more or less. I figure I still have atleast 10-15 hours of game so it can get even better if the story gets a little bit more complex.

The reason XIII is so challenging is by the end all of the bosses literally can only be beaten by one or two strategies and that is annoying. To me, that's bad development. Now if you grind your head off on Gran Pulse before hand than yeah you can just beat face, but going through the game at a normal pace, the end bosses are infuriating difficult. I ended up just googling the right strategy to beat them because I wasn't going to sit there and spend hours trying to figure it out in frustrating fashion. Sorry for my rant. I did still enjoy the game, but it could have been better.

Anyway, finished up the Citadel DLC in Mass Effect 3. Easily the best one. Just hanging out and shooting the shit with your comrades is hilarious. I played the multiplayer for a bit too (PS3 version) and was surprised I found a lobby instantly with people. I didn't figure anyone was playing this online anymore. It was decent, although not something I plan on doing a bunch. I literally have like every trophy in the game except beating the game on insane (and all the mission on insane). I might do that someday, but not right now. Just waiting for Bravely Default to come in the mail now.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6971 on: February 04, 2014, 07:38:15 PM »

Why did Fang have to be the one with Bahamut.

Code:
Because she's the game's stealth main protagonist, which makes a lot more sense when you consider that she was originally going to be male (and is also why her relationship with Vanille seems so sensible (and thus why Vanille is the closest XIII gets to the stereotypical Magical Healer Type)).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6972 on: February 04, 2014, 08:02:16 PM »

Very near the end of Tales of Vesperia and while I love it I am conflicted. I wonder if I had played it first I would have liked it better than Abyss....dunno, seems like it is darker and more "real" but I love the characters in Abyss, otherwise the games seem, IMO, very similar.

Everything's Eventual
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6973 on: February 05, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »

Played through the Lightning DLC for FFXIII-2 the other day. It was pretty cool. I mean, the concept was dumb but it got me excited for the combat in Lightning Returns and provided a nice lead-in to LR as well.

I also reminded myself that I put 120 hours into FFXIII-2. Apparently I kind of liked the game.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6974 on: February 05, 2014, 12:24:20 PM »

Played through the Lightning DLC for FFXIII-2 the other day. It was pretty cool. I mean, the concept was dumb but it got me excited for the combat in Lightning Returns and provided a nice lead-in to LR as well.

I also reminded myself that I put 120 hours into FFXIII-2. Apparently I kind of liked the game.

Is that dlc worth playing through or is it better to simply watch the cutscenes on youtube. I hate the idea of paying for bits of a game.

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: