Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 08:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334522 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 424140 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6975 on: February 05, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »

The whole thing is two fights long, the first you have to repeat until you're a high enough level to finish it with a five-star rating. I don't recommend it unless you're slightly mad-in-the-head like me.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6976 on: February 05, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »

The whole thing is two fights long, the first you have to repeat until you're a high enough level to finish it with a five-star rating. I don't recommend it unless you're slightly mad-in-the-head like me.

That's all I needed to hear, thanks! Going to watch it on the youtubez

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6977 on: February 05, 2014, 02:18:34 PM »

Yes, I'm still playing 999. I'm at the end, I think. Had a hard time with some of the puzzles in the cargo room. Had to Gamefaqs it.
Code:
I'm at the point where Seven talks about being a detective and saving kids from the previous nonary game. 
I imagine I have a few more nights to go.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6978 on: February 05, 2014, 02:21:31 PM »

Yes, I'm still playing 999. I'm at the end, I think. Had a hard time with some of the puzzles in the cargo room. Had to Gamefaqs it.
Code:
I'm at the point where Seven talks about being a detective and saving kids from the previous nonary game. 
I imagine I have a few more nights to go.

Yay!  Seven finally has a point!  I like him too.
But yeah it sounds like you're en route to the end.  Hope you're enjoying it!

Ocarina of Time
Water Temple.  I love the ambiance of this place!!!!!!!!!!
Actually one of my favorite dungeon when you get the main trick if tries.
I also love the Dark Link fight.  His AI is interesting and I love beating the fuck out of him with a sledge hammer.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:23:39 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6979 on: February 05, 2014, 05:08:47 PM »

Currently at the final dungeon of FF XIII but before I end it, I am doing some sidequests in Grand Pulse. God I love walking around the Archylte Steppe, It's so peaceful and beautiful. 46 hours played.
Im also really surprised about something.. If I had ignored the sidequests I would not have gotten a lot of crucial background info on the world of FF XIII through the datalog entries called Analects or whatever they're called that you unlock.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6980 on: February 05, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »

Still plugging away at Assassin's Creed 2. 

... also started up The Walking Dead.  Currently pretty early in episode 2 (entire group is at the dairy farm), and I thiiink I know where this particular episode is going.  The mom at the farm gives me such a twisted Evil Paula Deen vibe that there is one obvious twist that's coming up soon, I think. 

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6981 on: February 05, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »

Bought Ys I & II Chronicles on Steam during the holiday sale, just started playing it today. Already super stuck on the first boss. Thinking I just have to walk back to Minea and get some better equipment.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6982 on: February 05, 2014, 07:46:49 PM »

Bought Ys I & II Chronicles on Steam during the holiday sale, just started playing it today. Already super stuck on the first boss. Thinking I just have to walk back to Minea and get some better equipment.

Klutz, if you explore enough you'll find some stuff you can sell. You never actually need to grind in chronicles, like you did in the original Ys 1.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6983 on: February 06, 2014, 06:49:39 AM »

Ocarina of Time
I also love the Dark Link fight.  His AI is interesting and I love beating the fuck out of him with a sledge hammer.
Eww, I hate the Water Temple. >.> It is just a miserable experience throughout. Mind you it is pretty, but I hate going through it. Dark Link fight is interesting though.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6984 on: February 06, 2014, 09:26:17 AM »

Ocarina of Time
Eww, I hate the Water Temple. >.> It is just a miserable experience throughout. Mind you it is pretty, but I hate going through it. Dark Link fight is interesting though.

Well, to be fair, they made the 3DS version *slightly* easier through some "crafty tricks".
  • Iron Boots are an "Item" than a piece of "Equipment".  This makes swapping them much easier and less of a full "shift" in character playability.  This is important I think because before it felt like you played too often as "boot on" or "boots off" and creates a disconnect in how to play Link; this is vital because...
  • The most commonly missed key requires you to dive to a lower floor as the water is raised up to a higher level which may involve the boots on-and-off to reach it properly (because the game's "swimming mechanics" are shit/almost non-existent).  This is also kind of tough because it requires some "outside the box" thinking that may lean more to assume that you have to play the floor that matches the same level of water you raised it to.
  • Finally, the 3DS version does some "nice things".  I'm happy it doesn't change any of the actual dungeon, but the visual cues are more explicit.  Glowing markers tell you where each of the "waiter raising" panel are.  And also, the commonly missed key above is more explicitly shown early on in the dungeon because of how the camera pans (it's right above where you meet Princess Ruto)
It IS a tough dungeon, but played right you shouldn't have to visit the fancy water raising panels any more than twice.

I also fucked up the boss the right way.  He's a pain in the ass normally -- his attack mechanics and attack patterns are bizarre.  But you Longshot him and Longshot him until you trap it in a corner and you can kill him in one go.

I get surprisingly nervous with the day and nighttime cycle in this game.  It....bugs me that a day is like....5 minutes.  I don't know why.
Also, why is the Hyrule field so much more hazardous as a kid?  Why do the night-skeletons and evil-fucking-unstoppable-plant-monster go away when you get old as the rest of Hyrule turns to shit?

Otherwise, I feel like I appreciate this game more I play.  I've played it before (everyone basically has); but it really is a damn fine adventure. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6985 on: February 06, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »

Just finished FF XIIII. Fantastic game dont care what anyone says. It's now my 5/6th favourite FF game sharing those spots with FF IV.
Looking forward to playing XIII-2 but while searching for discussions on the ending of XIII I acidentally read that (XIII-2 SPOILERS)
Code:
Serah dies in XIII-2 IM SO MAD!!

Edit: Also the last boss wasnt that hard, sorry Blace cant agree with you. It's just a matter of healing at the right time and using the Sabouter and Synergist Paradigms correctly. And the last last boss is just go 2 ravagers 1 commander on that fucker and heal when needed, use dispelga to remove slows or quickly paradigm shift to commando-ravager-synergist.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:34:06 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6986 on: February 07, 2014, 12:17:02 AM »

I just finished Sora no Kiseki (Trails in the Sky) SC. The final chapter was nothing short of stunning. It was easily the best climax I've ever experienced in an RPG. The final boss deserves special mention. As well as the final boss music. (Definitely listen to it! But don't search for the last song by name; you'll encounter major spoilers in the first few results. The videos I linked are all safe though.)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6987 on: February 07, 2014, 01:09:47 AM »

I just finished Sora no Kiseki (Trails in the Sky) SC. The final chapter was nothing short of stunning. It was easily the best climax I've ever experienced in an RPG. The final boss deserves special mention. As well as the final boss music. (Definitely listen to it! But don't search for the last song by name; you'll encounter major spoilers in the first few results. The videos I linked are all safe though.)

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6988 on: February 07, 2014, 01:12:47 AM »

So since I am a PS+ member I decided to check out DmC, Metro:  Last Light, Bioshock Infinite, and Brothers.  DmC is what I describe as MTV-ish.  It isn't a bad game, just not my cup of tea.   Metro is dark and hard as it requires aiming.  I didn't play BI, since I freaking spoiled myself looking up what ludonarrative dissonance is.  My bf seemed to like it though.

So basically I really posted to sing praises for Brothers.  It did something that games rarely do these days:  evoked feelings in me.  I am not talking feelings of fear or frustration which I experience a lot in gaming.  I am talking about the ones that linger with you long after you put the controller down.  It was such a beautiful game that I am going make my bf play start to finish.   It's for his own good.  :)

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6989 on: February 07, 2014, 01:37:17 AM »

Same here. (I was hoping to have finished FC before you wrapped up SC. Drat.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: