Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 09:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335171 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 434328 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7020 on: February 09, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »

What are you trying to tell me with that picture Dice.

Her expression is...not impressed. Aren't you impressed with me?

I try so...

I'm always impressed with you.

I just used it because it looks how I feel when I go off on nerdy things and no one cares about it more than me.... I'm taking a lot from it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7021 on: February 09, 2014, 10:24:44 PM »

Beat Metro:  Last Light.  I actually liked it.  I played on easy and still died several times but it never got to the point where I gave up in frustration.  The story is dark as it does take place in a post apocalyptic world.  I got the so called "bad" ending since I could not forgive and had to shoot people.  But still the bad ending was satisfying to me. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7022 on: February 09, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »

I grabbed the free Dead Island off xbox live today and its a much better experience than when it first came out since the bugs are pretty much gone. Fun game. Makes me hyped for Dying Light all the more.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7023 on: February 10, 2014, 05:02:56 PM »

After polishing off Mario 3dworld a week and a half ago I began focusing more on Vesperia.

Finally at the end of act 2. I wish every RPG experience was as satisfying as this. Even when I don't really feel like playing it, Vesperia only takes a brief period of time to suck me right back in.

In other news, I've been on a retro-game collecting kick. Every once in awhile, typically when the slew of new releases just are not tickling my fancy, I go on these missions to acquire old games I've wanted or missed. Coincidentally many of these are import titles... I think I really need to start prioritizing my playtime more around these older games as I've amassed quite a few I want to get to.

Newest editions as of late are Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia, Tobal No. 2 (yep you read that right!!) and Romancing Saga 3.

Romancing Saga 3 was actually one of the first imports I ever bought when I was a kid. It was way to complex for me at the time (about 10 years old or so). But I have ALWAYS wanted to give it another go. Who knows when the heck I'm going to get to it but it comforts me considerably knowing its on deck-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7024 on: February 10, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »

Beat Metro:  Last Light.  I actually liked it.  I played on easy and still died several times but it never got to the point where I gave up in frustration.  The story is dark as it does take place in a post apocalyptic world.  I got the so called "bad" ending since I could not forgive and had to shoot people.  But still the bad ending was satisfying to me. 

Did you feel very lost without the sequel? I also got that off of PS Plus but Im afraid to play it and not get the full experience.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7025 on: February 10, 2014, 05:33:20 PM »

Beat Danganronpa a couple of weeks back.  It was quite good, though the minigames left a whole lot to be desired.  Still a great title anyone here with a Vita should pick up.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7026 on: February 10, 2014, 06:03:55 PM »

Finally knocked off Assassin's Creed II, so now it's back to Steam.  I want to finish Dust: An Elysian Tail by the end of the week.  Bring it on. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7027 on: February 10, 2014, 07:07:40 PM »

Beat Danganronpa a couple of weeks back.  It was quite good, though the minigames left a whole lot to be desired.  Still a great title anyone here with a Vita should pick up.

It's already coming in the mail as we speak.

So just started FF XIII-2 .. the game is all kinds of crazy. I can definitely roll with it as long as it makes sense within it's established rules.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7028 on: February 10, 2014, 07:29:20 PM »

It was my first :3 SD3 was my second -- ordered RS3 from Germany back over winter break when I was in 8th grade, and SD3 the summer after. Got the Devil Children games when I was a sophomore, and SMT1 and 2 a few weeks after Nocturne came out. And then Terranigma and Innocent Sin were... from the summer before I was a senior in highschool and then I quit buying imports until like last year.

I also got RS1 a some point in time but I cannot, for the life of me, remember when.

I really need to throw the Devil Children Black and White scripts up somewhere. As far as I know, whoever was translating the games quit without finishing Red and dropped off the internet, and I'm maybe the only person that still has copies? They're just text files so I mean disseminating them shouldn't be too hard.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7029 on: February 10, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »

It was my first :3 SD3 was my second -- ordered RS3 from Germany back over winter break when I was in 8th grade, and SD3 the summer after. Got the Devil Children games when I was a sophomore, and SMT1 and 2 a few weeks after Nocturne came out. And then Terranigma and Innocent Sin were... from the summer before I was a senior in highschool and then I quit buying imports until like last year.

I also got RS1 a some point in time but I cannot, for the life of me, remember when.

I really need to throw the Devil Children Black and White scripts up somewhere. As far as I know, whoever was translating the games quit without finishing Red and dropped off the internet, and I'm maybe the only person that still has copies? They're just text files so I mean disseminating them shouldn't be too hard.

SD3 was my second import too! Weird, man! WEIRD!!!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7030 on: February 11, 2014, 12:31:32 AM »

Did you feel very lost without the sequel? I also got that off of PS Plus but Im afraid to play it and not get the full experience.

I did feel lost at first since it was very clear it was a sequel.  You can always look up a synopsis of the first game.  The bad ending is the canonical one.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7031 on: February 11, 2014, 02:59:48 AM »

Shadow Tower Abyss - Got the blue key in the insect area OH GOD THIS GAME IS NERVE WRACKING. It's not so much HARD it's just REALLY easy to fuck up in and your resources are a little limited.

Also the near complete lack of music.
*brofist*
I just played ST:A a couple weeks ago. Great game, very reminiscent of King's Field. I loved Demon's Souls, but I think From Software was at their best when difficulty was a reasonable part of the games, not a cheap novelty to draw the "hard core" crowd. 

Anyway, I finally got to Onimusha 3 after how many years, and learned it's got the most ridiculous story I've ever come across in my life. It's even worse for the fact they tried to present the nonsense seriously. 
So I'm playing Karura Ou.
Speaking of absurd difficulty.
Why the hell am I even playing a platformer anyway?!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7032 on: February 11, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »

I just played ST:A a couple weeks ago. Great game, very reminiscent of King's Field.

It also reminds me a lot of System Shock -- more so than any of the other KF related games. I guess because of how the vendors and weapon degradation works. Also I guess the weapon feel is closer?

One thing I really like about STA so far compared to Dark Souls is that none of the enemies so far feel like they take that long to kill. Usually one or two hits is sufficient -- the difficulty is just in timing or getting them in range. Occasionally I've seen enemies that take up more damage, but they're kind of interesting. Some of the enemies in Dark Souls just felt WAY too /absorbent/.

... Also I think I put the quote from Klyde in image tags. Jesus.

--- edit ---

re: kylde ONLY 90'S KIDS REMEMBER CUTTING THE LITTLE PLASTIC DEEDLIES OUT OF THEIR SNES CARTRIDGE BAYS.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:15:09 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7033 on: February 11, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »

Ended up stuck in Brothers last night. We flew over a gorge to some castle-like place, but then I couldn't figure out how to get up to the bridge. I may have to check gamefaqs.

Edit: Checked gamefaqs, and found out I could swing them while hanging off of each other. I feel stupid for not trying this. Oh, well. Progress made.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:45:21 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7034 on: February 12, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »

5 Hours into FF XIII-2. The story has great potential, the characters are likeable and great and SHIT THE GAMEPLAY ROCKS!
Im really digging the improvements and the monster collecting/leveling up thingy. It's much more fast paced, to the point and it has fantastic music aswell. Damn, Im really surprised.

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: