Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:50:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334454 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 423452 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7065 on: February 16, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Decided to start up a game of Metal Gear Solid 3. And then I did the first mission. That took me a few days to do when I was in highschool. Jesus christ I was bad at games back then.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7066 on: February 16, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »

Funny you say that as I was much much better at platformers and FPS and TPS when I was young and not so good at the games which required more patience

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7067 on: February 16, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »

Funny enough, sometimes when I don't play a certain game for a long time, I'm much better at it when I do get back to it.

Example:
I had a friend over and I wanted to show him how bullshit Catherine can be on hard. I hadn't played the game for 2 years. Then I proceed to perfect the last stage by completely stupid luck.

I've had other cases of stuff like that (tetris, Stepmania, touhou games, etc.)
Maybe I somehow reset beginner's luck after a while.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7068 on: February 17, 2014, 12:44:19 AM »

Finally!

Yamato acquired.  Been trying to get her ever since they made her buildable in an update towards the end of 2013...

No, I'm not addicted to this stupid game...

Great. Now waifu her.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7069 on: February 17, 2014, 01:04:14 AM »

Finally!

Yamato acquired.  Been trying to get her ever since they made her buildable in an update towards the end of 2013...

No, I'm not addicted to this stupid game...

Great. Now waifu her.

I know you're kidding, but...

The marriage system they introduced requires your ship (girl?) to be at level 99 first.  My newly-acquired Yamato is at a whopping level 12...and I only got her that far because those low levels are easy.  Things really slow down at higher levels.  The highest level ship (girl?) in my whole collection is Kongou at level 79.  And even that took a whole lot of grinding...I seriously have no idea when or even if I'm going to reach level 99.

I've seen pics of people showing off whole fleets of level 90+ ships (girls?)...I have no idea how they do it.  I feel like I play this game a lot, but there are clearly people out there who play it way more than I do.  Or they're just more efficient about it somehow, but I think I know most of the tricks by this point...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7070 on: February 17, 2014, 02:14:55 AM »

The Last of Us: Left Behind:

I think I liked it better than the main story overall. Given how both complement each other though I don't think I would had appreciate the merits of Left Behind before investing in The Last of Us for so long.

So yeah, is more of a good thing and despite how conflicted I've always felt about TLoU I'm actually pretty glad that Naughty Dog had the chance to make their own Action/Survival Horror thingy with a heavy emphasis on narrative that is actually worth checking out.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7071 on: February 17, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »

Making power moves through:
Lightning Returns

On temporary hiatus:
Radiant Historia
Final Fantasy Dimensions
Trails in the Sky

Just started:
Final Fantasy IX (on my Vita...been years since I played the original. Forgot how good it was)

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7072 on: February 17, 2014, 02:32:48 PM »

Doing a semi-speed run through FFXIII-2. Think I just finished episode 3. Decent game if the story is ignored and attention is focused on gameplay. I like the tri-play with monsters. After that it's either onto Lightning Returns or take a break from the FFXIII trilogy altogether and jump into Bravely Default.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7073 on: February 17, 2014, 02:39:47 PM »

Doing a semi-speed run through FFXIII-2. Think I just finished episode 3. Decent game if the story is ignored and attention is focused on gameplay.

I found XIII-2's story much more entertaining than the one in XIII. But hey, if you feel that your intelligence is being offended by it then you are in your right to ignore it and focus on the gameplay.

...I don't believe I would be able to do that with most games I get into though.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7074 on: February 17, 2014, 02:49:44 PM »

Yeah I dont understand what's so wrong about the story, Im 12 hours in and have been enjoying it, atleast it didnt spit on what the original did like FF X-2.
Is time traveling really that hard to grasp or something? It's using a lot of the same ideas present in Chrono Trigger for example.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7075 on: February 17, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »

My issue with the story was more that FFXIII finished up nicely and had tied up most of the loose ends it had than its actual quality. FFXIII-2 came along and tried to continue a basically finished tale. The time travel in the game isn't that hard to grasp although the shouting scene was pretty ridiculous.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7076 on: February 17, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »

My issue with the story was more that FFXIII finished up nicely and had tied up most of the loose ends it had than its actual quality. FFXIII-2 came along and tried to continue a basically finished tale. The time travel in the game isn't that hard to grasp although the shouting scene was pretty ridiculous.

Yeah in that sense you are correct, FF XIII didnt need a sequel but Square needed to squeeze more games out of the catastrophic engine they developed. With that said.. I can still appreciate an uncalled sequel if it goes in a different direction and does it's own thing without retreading on ground from the original game. XIII-2 has been pretty successful with that so far, btw what shouting scene is this? Is it a huge spoiler, have I seen it yet?!(I just finished the Sunleth Waterscape 300af)

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7077 on: February 17, 2014, 03:33:11 PM »

^The 'shouting scene' sounds something out of X-2 to me.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7078 on: February 17, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »

^The 'shouting scene' sounds something out of X-2 to me.

Nah, I am talking about

Code:
when you have to shout at Hope from the future to the past during the Proto Fal Cie Adam fight. I understand the logic behind it but it doesn't stop it being ridiculous.

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7079 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »

Sorry I might have been a little harsh on the story. It's an interesting way to play out the narrative. The story is growing on me, I just get confused with all the time jumping and alternate timelines.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: