Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334782 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 428182 times)
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7200 on: February 23, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »

I remember why I never beat Hexen II as a kid.
Because it's a ridiculous piece of complete fucking garbage.
Obviously I got raped by a game breaking bug, because after wasting hours of my life scouring the damn temple, I finally spent another hour of my life scouring a walkthrough, then more hours scouring the temple to finally conclude that an integral item needed to advance either didn't enter my inventory when I got it, or left my inventory when I used it despite not doing what it's supposed to fucking do.

Either way, the staff is gone, the pedestal the staff goes on is empty, and Hexen 2 can burn in the Recycling Bin of the Damned. I hope Dante set aside a special level in hell for game breaking glitches.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7201 on: February 23, 2014, 10:57:37 PM »

Rust. Logged into the server I was playing on and it was wiped. 4 hours lost. Beware community-based servers. Lots of douchebaggery. Still, it is fun and has moments of hilarity. Dude gave me supplies earlier. Thought he was gonna kill me for sure:/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7202 on: February 23, 2014, 11:29:47 PM »

Vagrant Story, simply because after Xenosaga Episode I you're going to want to go straight to II and III, and DDS2 after DDS1.
Um, is that because DDS1 ends on a cliffhanger, or because it's so good?  I've heard that both are excellent, but I next to no idea about the plot of either game or how the first transitions into the second. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7203 on: February 23, 2014, 11:34:17 PM »

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots:

The entire premise of MGS4 being the direct sequel of MGS2 is straight up insane in retrospective.

I mean, MGS2 is the 'postmodern' game of the series; The game that go against fans and players expectations, the game that finishes its own story by not caring about its own story and instead chooses to say to the player that it shouldn't care about the fiction presented previously because it doesn't matter. What mattered was this. All of MGS2's story was there only to present themes and leave the player decide what to do with them.

Now, how the fuck you do a sequel to that? Even after playing MGS4 again I wouldn't be able to tell you. The only thing I can tell you is that MGS4 knows that is forced sequel.

The retroactive continuity going on in the story is so absolute that it doesn't feel right, and it doesn't feel right because MGS2 didn't care about its own bullshit like MGS4 has to by necessity.

So yeah long story short; In more ways than one MGS4 is the product of fans wanting answers to questions that were never supposed to be asked in the first place.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7204 on: February 23, 2014, 11:34:32 PM »

Vagrant Story, simply because after Xenosaga Episode I you're going to want to go straight to II and III, and DDS2 after DDS1.
Um, is that because DDS1 ends on a cliffhanger, or because it's so good?  I've heard that both are excellent, but I next to no idea about the plot of either game or how the first transitions into the second. 

By the time I got around to DDS the first game was like impossible to find.  The second game works fine independently (their plots are like night and day of each other; it provides context, but little is the same).  To sum up: It kinda pulls a Matrix.

That's a game I'd love to play again...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7205 on: February 24, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »

Probably going to start .hack Part 2 soon.

By the time I got around to DDS the first game was like impossible to find.  The second game works fine independently (their plots are like night and day of each other; it provides context, but little is the same).  To sum up: It kinda pulls a Matrix.

That's a game I'd love to play again...
They work independently, but I would never recommend playing the second without already playing the first.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7206 on: February 24, 2014, 12:27:26 AM »

I just want to add, I don't want to replay the game anymore because of that fucking horse monster that chases you in DDS2.  God he gave me the willies.  MAKE MY NIGHTMARES REAL WILL YA.

I find it funny that even though I got Brave Default about 4 days early and ToS HD early as well; people have beaten BD (while I'm on Ch4) and I barely made it to the desert in ToS.  This privilege is wasted on me.

Anyways, I love that Symphonia no longer has the blurry cel shading

I blame the GC version for making my eye sight worse.

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7207 on: February 24, 2014, 12:44:13 AM »

I find it funny that even though I got Brave Default about 4 days early and ToS HD early as well; people have beaten BD (while I'm on Ch4) and I barely made it to the desert in ToS.  This privilege is wasted on me.
Better than me right now.  I got Bravely Default the first day and I'm at the start of Ch. 1...and Norende is almost completely rebuilt.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7208 on: February 24, 2014, 04:37:25 AM »

I just want to add, I don't want to replay the game anymore because of that fucking horse monster that chases you in DDS2.  God he gave me the willies.  MAKE MY NIGHTMARES REAL WILL YA.

You mean Baldo and Sunder? Wait. Wrong game....

And you don't have to worry about being behind either. I'm still in chapter 4 of BD as well (although my excuse is that I have been sick as a dog for the last week).

And on that note, finished chapter 17 in Sacred Stones. Made sure to load up on Nosteratus since its the only place you can buy them in the game. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Lyon to fork over his Fenir tome. And my god, is my current Ephraim the most pathetic thing going. Level 19, and he STILL only has 11 Strength. For comparison my level 20/6 Ephraim from my previous playthrough has CAPPED Strength (without boosters). And of course he's been dumping it all into Luck of all things as he now has nigh unto 20 Luck, which wouldn't be so bad if he had any Speed to go with it (14).

TitS: Finished the Tournament. And now, a dinner party.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7209 on: February 24, 2014, 07:11:32 AM »

Started playing the Witcher yesterday. I'm in early chapter 1 right now. So when exactly is the game supposed to get good? As I've yet to see what all the hype is about. It isn't bad, but people tend to herald it as the second coming and it is just alright so far.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7210 on: February 24, 2014, 08:57:25 AM »

You mean Baldo and Sunder? Wait. Wrong game....

And you don't have to worry about being behind either. I'm still in chapter 4 of BD as well (although my excuse is that I have been sick as a dog for the last week).

And on that note, finished chapter 17 in Sacred Stones. Made sure to load up on Nosteratus since its the only place you can buy them in the game. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Lyon to fork over his Fenir tome. And my god, is my current Ephraim the most pathetic thing going. Level 19, and he STILL only has 11 Strength. For comparison my level 20/6 Ephraim from my previous playthrough has CAPPED Strength (without boosters). And of course he's been dumping it all into Luck of all things as he now has nigh unto 20 Luck, which wouldn't be so bad if he had any Speed to go with it (14).

TitS: Finished the Tournament. And now, a dinner party.

Wait isnt it Balio and Sunder?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7211 on: February 24, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »

Horses are overrated.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7212 on: February 24, 2014, 10:11:11 AM »

Right when you think a horse is going to be with you forever, it abandons you. 

Exhibit A
Exhibit B (this one is unfair, and kind of a spoiler)
Exhibit C

Moral of the story: don't trust a horse. 

Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7213 on: February 24, 2014, 11:31:39 AM »

Started playing the Witcher yesterday. I'm in early chapter 1 right now. So when exactly is the game supposed to get good? As I've yet to see what all the hype is about. It isn't bad, but people tend to herald it as the second coming and it is just alright so far.
It's thusly rated primarily by PC-exclusive gamers whose myopic standards of quality are drastically narrowed by the parochial refusal to play any game made for "kiddy machines."
I love both PC and console games, but honestly, most of the highly lauded games for PC are only the best games. . . on PC.

That said, I haven't gone Witching yet. I keep putting it off because my computer is a relic, and I'd have to mutilate the resolution to play it at a decent framerate. (I played Last Remnant with PS1 graphics! )

Moral of the story: don't trust a horse. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7214 on: February 24, 2014, 12:08:52 PM »

starting danganronpa today.

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: