Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 12:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338781 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 446841 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7230 on: February 24, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »

My boyfriend picked up a copy of Sakura Wars today.

Anyone played this? Is it any good?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7231 on: February 24, 2014, 07:06:06 PM »

My boyfriend picked up a copy of Sakura Wars today.

Anyone played this? Is it any good?
Assuming you mean Sakura Wars V, I've heard great things.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7232 on: February 24, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »

I don't see a number, but I think its the only one that got localized over here, so probably.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7233 on: February 24, 2014, 07:17:52 PM »

I am really unsure as to numbering but I watched Little Lady play "So Long My Love" (is that V?) and I had a ball watching her play, unique characters, very anime like and a complex to master/easy to learn battle system combined with a fun story. She highly recommends it! And it is certainly on my list of games to play. If that is not V ignore my comments :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:43:12 PM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7234 on: February 24, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »

So Long My Love is V, and yes that's the only one with an official Western release.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7235 on: February 24, 2014, 07:35:17 PM »

I played like an hour of the first chapter of Sakura Wars and hate every second of it :T

Then again, it's pretty much a harem anime VN, which are pretty much my two least favorite things that aren't Daggerfall.

Started playing the Witcher yesterday. I'm in early chapter 1 right now. So when exactly is the game supposed to get good? As I've yet to see what all the hype is about. It isn't bad, but people tend to herald it as the second coming and it is just alright so far.

I thought Witcher 2 was the one people really liked?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7236 on: February 24, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »

I think I actually enjoyed Witcher 1 more than 2.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7237 on: February 24, 2014, 07:51:15 PM »

Finished chapter 1 of DanganRonpa, it wa pretty long. This game is messed up, god bless murica.

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7238 on: February 24, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »

As did I, though I liked both. The combat was better in 2 (though still not great), but I much preferred the story and atmosphere of 1. As someone who hasn't read any of the books, I thought The Witcher 2 did a poor job of introducing various political elements, and didn't give much of reason for me to care what was happening outside of Geralt's story.

Chapter 2 is where the original gets really good, I wasn't all that impressed with it in Chapter 1 either.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7239 on: February 24, 2014, 09:00:18 PM »

Anyhow, I've finally got around to FFIV the After Years (complete collection) . Gee golly, I love the spritework in this game. I finished the complete collection variety of FFIV last year and already forgot how cool the reimagined 16-bit era title is graphically. I wish more games got re-releases with this type of quality.

I'm not far enough into the After Years to speak on it yet, but I sure hope its more enjoyable than the "Interlude". The interlude, while not bad, certainly wasn't exactly "good" either....

I'm playing the Interlude now and it is certainly just sooo much like bad fanfiction.

Richard wants to throw a party for all his FFIV friends, but some of them didn't show up. Could they be in trouble!?

===============

Progress in Lightning Returns is slowing down which frightens me. Spent the first two full days completing Luxerion and Yusnaan. Then the next day finishing up side quests in those areas, and now Day 5 is flying by because the Wildlands are a confusing mess. Heading to the dunes now while I wait for my Gysahl Greens to grow. I'm really hoping I have enough time to finish up chapter 3 before the end of the day.

I will say there seems to be an unfair balance between things you can do during the day and things you can do at night.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:01:58 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7240 on: February 24, 2014, 11:34:24 PM »

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Killed Johnny Bees
Metal Gear 1 - Got to Rank 2. This game is, uh... you sort of just find stuff lying around.
LoM - I don't want to be concerned with the loop I was looking at itself, but I need to figure out what's DEPENDENT on the math done in this loop.

--- edit ---

Driver - The way random traffic spawns work renders missions entirely too luck based -- sometimes cops WILL spawn in places you can't really deal with them. Also the lack of any sort of avoidance on the AI traffic's part is... annoying. Like, sometimes they'll try to merge when you're right next to them. What..? You have a horn you can honk but it doesn't seem to do anything. And I don't get the handling on the cars, either -- it's like there's a VERY thin line between a gentle turn and a flat spin.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:17:01 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7241 on: February 25, 2014, 02:29:33 AM »

Beat Ys Seven and though I liked it, I still enjoyed Oath more.  Oath looked better and had more of a story book charm to it.  I really missed the narrators voice.  I did like the switching of the characters Seven had.

Got The 3rd Birthday in the mail today and am about to start playing.  I loved Parasite Eve back in the day.  I don't recall playing the sequel though.  On a kinda random note, I've always loved Aya's  haircut. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7242 on: February 25, 2014, 04:18:12 AM »

Got The 3rd Birthday in the mail today and am about to start playing.  I loved Parasite Eve back in the day.  I don't recall playing the sequel though.  On a kinda random note, I've always loved Aya's  haircut. 

Massive disappointment inbound in 3....

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7243 on: February 25, 2014, 06:35:53 AM »

As did I, though I liked both. The combat was better in 2 (though still not great), but I much preferred the story and atmosphere of 1. As someone who hasn't read any of the books, I thought The Witcher 2 did a poor job of introducing various political elements, and didn't give much of reason for me to care what was happening outside of Geralt's story.

Chapter 2 is where the original gets really good, I wasn't all that impressed with it in Chapter 1 either.
Good to hear since I just hit Chapter 2 last night before going to bed.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7244 on: February 25, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »

A Link Between Worlds is fantastic so far. The game is beautiful and has amazing depth with the 3D on. I'm in the Wind Palace/Dungeon right now, and it's just so darn clever. Between finding gems on the walls and using the depth of the screen as a dungeon device, I am very impressed.
I'm kind of wondering about the music, though. I hope they don't use the same theme for every dungeon, as I hate that. It takes away from the unique feel of each area to have the same music playing.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: