Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319685 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 360810 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 08:32:16 AM »

I just killed Lucas Blight... why did you guys say he was a great villain? He was awful.
I kept expecting him to capture my sister and torture her and kill her and eat her for breakfast, yet nothing of that happened, because he's just nice like that.

Apparently it was just his ruthlessness and malice for stemming out of simple causes or simply for the sake of "doing bad".  But, I agree, I found his end barely made an impact and found his screentime short lived to garner that much attention.

(then again, I played the game like 7 years ago, maybe I gotta replay it- but that's what I remember)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 08:35:36 AM »

I just killed Lucas Blight... why did you guys say he was a great villain? He was awful.
I kept expecting him to capture my sister and torture her and kill her and eat her for breakfast, yet nothing of that happened, because he's just nice like that.
Code:
except for the fact that you are forgetting  that he was an ax crazy, batshit insane,  and a brokenly strong non true rune wielding character. Story wise it took your whole army to beat him. If Joey''s plan had not of worked he would  have killed every man, woman, and child of the city states,  and enjoyed every minute of it
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 11:02:45 AM »

Hey, Dice - you found Keyser Söze?  That's great!  Did he fall under the table again, or was he between the couch cushions?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
yoshimiinpink

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »

Luca Blight is a good villain because he doesn't have MYSTERIOUS OMG DEMON powers. He's just a cruel, psychotic crazy that also is pumped on roids. :3

Aaaanyways ( <3 suikoden).

I'm currently playing Dragon Quest VI, I'm about 75% of the way through and then...Pokemon White landed in my lap. Beat the 2nd gym. Have the battle song stuck in my head. :(
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »

Code:
except for the fact that you are forgetting  that he was an ax crazy, batshit insane,  and a brokenly strong non true rune wielding character. Story wise it took your whole army to beat him. If Joey''s plan had not of worked he would  have killed every man, woman, and child of the city states,  and enjoyed every minute of it

Burning village and genocide is normal in war. I don't see how that makes him evil. Alexander the Great did tons of it and he's Great.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »

I think people found him a more impressive villain because he was also a realistic one. He was a psychopath with a lot of power who fought like he was on PCP.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 12:03:02 PM »

Burning village and genocide is normal in war. I don't see how that makes him evil.

Seriously, step back and re-read what you wrote there.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »

Go read the definition of genocide again.

--

Beat Pokemon White in just under 20 hours.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »

Burning village and genocide is normal in war. I don't see how that makes him evil.

Seriously, step back and re-read what you wrote there.

Might have been sarcastic. Or he really could be a sociopath, whichever.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »

I've been playing Dragon Age II.  I liked it.  Had it's issues, but good overall.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »

Code:

Burning village and genocide is normal in war. I don't see how that makes him evil. Alexander the Great did tons of it and he's Great.

I agree with this for the most part.  He IS evil, but certainly "more the same" if you've kept up with history's greatest assholes.  Kinda odd to down-play it like that.  But certainly for the revered "greatest villain", he was in one sense: insanity.  He never really betrayed, hurt, back-stabbed, stole, and caused despair any more than he just went on a killing spree.  There was no drive or really much to sympathize with (again, my understanding of the game is far but perfect after so long, but either way, it was certainly nothing I could recall).  I think we're at the same crossroad that the "worst RPG" topic is at, and that would be what really defines "best villain" is subjective.

Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »

I agree with this for the most part.  He IS evil, but certainly "more the same" if you've kept up with history's greatest assholes.

Greatest assholes? Even our best heroes were mostly tainted with blood (historically).
Although Dice wins a cookie for understanding me.
Being a tyrant in a war isn't evil since war comes with death. Sure, he's not the nicest guy out there, but my definition of a villain falls under wicked, meaning someone who will go out of his way to persecute you.
My #1 choice is still Jon Irenicus, he hurts you, shoves it in your face, does the same to you 'sister', shoves that in your face too. All that while murdering left and right, doing inhumane magical/medical experimentation on innocents and destroying a city.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:22:08 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 04:07:39 PM »

Hey, Dice - you found Keyser Söze?  That's great!  Did he fall under the table again, or was he between the couch cushions?

That bastard?  He was taking public transit!  Said, y'know, "w'sup", and he was all "s'good".

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 09:56:41 PM »

I'm finally putting some real play into Red Dead.

God is this game sweet as all hell. I fucking love the soundtrack

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 12:50:49 AM »

That bastard?  He was taking public transit!  Said, y'know, "w'sup", and he was all "s'good".

Son of a...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: