Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 03:50:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327204 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 384292 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 12:54:23 AM »

Hey, Dice - you found Keyser Söze?  That's great!  Did he fall under the table again, or was he between the couch cushions?

That bastard?  He was taking public transit!  Said, y'know, "w'sup", and he was all "s'good".

Son of a...

I know... I know.  The cajones on him, huh?

Radiant Historia is finally starting to pick up....  I hate early game shit... it's all tutorials and crappy skills that don't demonstrate that awesome battle system potential.  More "secrets" piling up and no one to explain them yet.  I have gripes with the shitty transitions in and out of battle (they're very sudden).  And one thing that's gonna irk on me is the constant out-numbering of enemies to allies.  I don't think I've had a battle with the same amount of enemies as I've had allies [3].  But it's a great and quick battle system, and I love planning it through effectively.  Finally did a more "creative" sidequest too, Rosch and Sonja, and some time skipping in the name of love.  Awwww. *siiigh* (I may say fuck and shit a lot.... and I may make nasty remarks about plenty of things... but deep down a romance still tugs at my heart).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:01:25 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 01:55:25 AM »

I've been checking out the Mortal Kombat demo over the course of the evening and I've come away VERY impressed. I think they've finally figured out the fight mechanics to reinvigorate the franchise.  Online matches are going to be fought and won very quickly however.  You can flatten an opponent with a couple of good combos REALLY fast.  This will probably be a purchase for me.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 02:01:31 AM »

Picked up Pokemon, but I refuse to play it until I can finally finish Phantom Hourglass.  Beat the Goron temple today.  On my lunch break at work, when the game prompted me to yell at the screen, I got by with a well disguised (but forceful) cough.  That seemed to do the trick.  I'm excited about finishing this game soon because I've had it forever!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:04:00 AM by Alexander » Logged

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 02:15:59 AM »

Playing Ys: Ark of Napkins

I hate Dogi
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 04:10:43 AM »

Almost done with Dragon Quest V.

Probably just in time for Threads of Fate + Hard Corps Uprising.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 12:17:08 PM »

I ordered Pokemon Black Version yesterday, so I'm excited to play that.

Lately I've just been playing Plants vs. Zombies, working on the side stuff since I finished Adventure mode. Great game!

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 03:16:21 AM »

DQIX: Grounded up a pair of Vesta Gauntlets from Equinox. Now onward to Shogum and his Apprentice Gloves.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 08:35:54 AM »

Hey, Dice - you found Keyser Söze?  That's great!  Did he fall under the table again, or was he between the couch cushions?

That bastard?  He was taking public transit!  Said, y'know, "w'sup", and he was all "s'good".

Son of a...

I know... I know.  The cajones on him, huh?

It's cojones.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »

Still playing Atelier Iris Eternal Mana and Radiant Historia. I must say I'm enjoying Atelier Iris more....but both are very good games.
yoshimiinpink

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »

Beat the 3rd gym in Pokemon White!

I'm not really sure why, but I really love this new gen. My husband, who has played all of them ad nauseam, has barely touched his copy of Black. :/
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »

Lots of Torchlight, Mortal Kombat(demo) and Vagrant Story. I can't stand using the Rustly Nail weapon in VS but it's got the best stats:(  The timing is kinda sketchy but I suppose practice will make perfect.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 01:00:18 PM »

Still playing Atelier Iris Eternal Mana and Radiant Historia. I must say I'm enjoying Atelier Iris more....but both are very good games.

I loved that game till the end; then I realized it for what it kinda is...
One annoying thing that bothered me was the female party members had better quality portraits than the men... then again, it's kinda funny.
Oh!  A warning!  There is some sort of glitch in the end credits!!  I can't remember what it is, but I do hear it is avoidable so you can actually watch the full credits (GameFaqs it, it has something to do with the voices I think).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:10:35 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »

So something strange happened last night...I decided to play Fable III that I bought back in November cheap, but never got around to playing.  Anyway, I was expecting to play an hour and get bored, but I ended up playing five hours straight.  No doubt that I'll probably get bored in about a week of the game and it does have its flaws.  For now, though, I'm just having fun with it and its an awesome world to get lost in for a while.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
yoshimiinpink

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »

So something strange happened last night...I decided to play Fable III that I bought back in November cheap, but never got around to playing.  Anyway, I was expecting to play an hour and get bored, but I ended up playing five hours straight.  No doubt that I'll probably get bored in about a week of the game and it does have its flaws.  For now, though, I'm just having fun with it and its an awesome world to get lost in for a while.

That's what I thought too when I borrowed it from my roommate. Cue me playing it nonstop for almost 2 weeks when I wasn't at work or asleep. I LOVED it though. Just make sure that you make a LOT of money. Yay, real estate!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »

I beat Tales of the Abyss. 29 hours. My first playthrough was 47 hours back in 2007. I was playing Tactics Ogre earlier, but I'm only an hour in and I'll wait until I'm done with other games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: