Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:20:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341072 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 454430 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 02:21:49 AM »

Still replaying Tales of Vesperia. I'm halfway through and the secret missions are going well. Raven is awesome! I enjoy playing as him and his AI saved my butt a bunch of times. He completed secret mission 12 all on his own while Nan (the last one standing) had only 2000 HP left. The best part? He used a normal attack, not a combo or base arte, just one normal attack. It worked because he is awesome.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »

Dragon Age 2.Full steam ahead

SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »

Still playing King's Bounty... (the only game resembling an RPG that I'm currently playing)
still thoroughly addicted, but I could see myself tiring of this after one time through...
the only thing that breaks up the monotony of the quests is finding troops with unique abilities... which happens often but that's the ONLY thing that changes up in the game other than what enemies you have to defeat to finish a quest. Strategy exists but it's always very obvious...
Whatever. the writing's great and it's a very entertaining game on the whole.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 09:56:20 PM »

Playing some Red Dead. Game is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion

Can't remember the last time I actually just explored a game environment with such enthusiasm.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 04:40:10 PM »

I'm about 8 hours into DA2, just met Isabella, and am just going through the side-quests. Girlfriend isn't too fond of me huddling in my computer room for hours on end so I sadly am not sure how much I'll be able to play.

Also playing Final Fantasy 4 on my ds. Just beat Rubicante. That game will be thrown aside the moment I get out to buy Pokemon White.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »

I just beat the 7th Gym and Dragonspire Tower in Pokemon White. I'm startting to assemble my tram for the Elite Four:

Tynamo
Haxorus
Seismitoad
Drilbur
Zebstrika
Krookadile

I think I need a fire type, basically something to deal with Grass/Bug pokemon. I might also be too heavy on the ground type pokemon, but most of them have a second type that helps negate weaknesses.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011, 11:31:13 PM »

Finished Enslaved today. Meh.

Finished three chapters of Bayonetta. Much more fun - especially the driving level.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 01:05:09 AM »

Had the Phantom Sword crafted.  Plot twist with Linebeck and Jolene (even though I knew about it beforehand) was funny.  Should be able to defeat Bellum soon and move on to Pokemon!

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 01:50:40 AM »

oh no, labyrinth zone in sonic...childhood flashbacks!

I'm not sure if I've had enough alcohol to tackle this
yoshimiinpink

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 03:27:00 AM »

Finished three chapters of Bayonetta. Much more fun - especially the driving level.

You have NO idea how good that game gets. I cannot wait to actually purchase it just so I can play through it again.

Trudged a little through Pokemon White today, plan on beating the 4th gym soon.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »

DQIX: Grounded up a pair of Vesta Gauntlets from Equinox. Now onward to Shogum and his Apprentice Gloves.

Sonnvabitch! This week was the first top armors week in the DQVC and go figure that the first item I get is a second fucking pair of Vesta Gauntlets.

Oh well, at least I've also gotten both the top shield and top helmet since.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 10:57:32 PM »

the amount of dialog in red dead is unreal. I'm playing a mission where you break the rebel leader guy out of jail. I got near the end but I rode my horse off a cliff and died. On the 2nd try they had a completely different conversation during the mission.

Pretty cool, but two unique conversations for one situation is far out
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2011, 11:03:07 PM »

I just beat Atelier Iris Eternal Mana. I loved every single of minute of it. Oh, and Dice, apparently the trick to avoid crashing after the final battle is turning off the voice acting.

Also made some progress in Radiant Historia - made it to Chapter 2 in both timelines.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2011, 11:50:26 PM »

Dragon Age 2 is going along quite smoothly.  Haven't seen the game over screen in quite some time; your characters get really powerful from level 15 on.  I just witnessed the most bizzare, out of left field way to kill a major character that I've ever seen in a video game. :P

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2011, 01:20:53 AM »

I just beat Atelier Iris Eternal Mana. I loved every single of minute of it. Oh, and Dice, apparently the trick to avoid crashing after the final battle is turning off the voice acting.

Also made some progress in Radiant Historia - made it to Chapter 2 in both timelines.

Yay!  Glad you didn't find out the hard way. =)

I got further in Radiant Historia.  Little else to say beyond.  Why are political stories so easy to be so good?  Suikoden, this, some of the minor instances in Tales have been a real delight.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: