Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 11:02:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340910 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 452748 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »

We were just drunk and exhausted at the point we got to Zeus.

About red orbs and upgrading weapons: When you spend the orbs and it's making the sound of the blood pouring into to the sphere or whatever...well to me that sounded like someone pissing in a bucket.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2011, 06:20:26 PM »

Yeah, I'm kind of amazed you guys got to him in one sitting. I explore too much. I probably could on a 2nd playthrough, I've been meaning to do it again on a harder difficulty anyways. Just have to get the game back from the +1.

About red orbs and upgrading weapons: When you spend the orbs and it's making the sound of the blood pouring into to the sphere or whatever...well to me that sounded like someone pissing in a bucket.

Hah hah yeah, it kind of does. Especially when you need to pee.

Side rant: The QTEs don't bother me like they seem to most people. Except for when you're essentially curbstomping Poseidon. I really don't get how you *die* if you fuck it up - Poseidon's pretty much on his last breath anyways.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2011, 06:24:24 PM »

I'm playing through Ghost of Sparta for the first time (only gow I haven't finished yet) and the sex scene redefines the word orgy lol.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2011, 07:02:48 PM »

Yeah, I'm kind of amazed you guys got to him in one sitting. I explore too much. I probably could on a 2nd playthrough, I've been meaning to do it again on a harder difficulty anyways. Just have to get the game back from the +1.

Hah hah yeah, it kind of does. Especially when you need to pee.

Side rant: The QTEs don't bother me like they seem to most people. Except for when you're essentially curbstomping Poseidon. I really don't get how you *die* if you fuck it up - Poseidon's pretty much on his last breath anyways.

We did a lot of exploring, we only missed two feathers or whatever upgrades health or magic.

It's a fun damn game, and the perfect one to play w/ a friend since while you're playing it's easy to miss out on the graphics
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »

Day 3 in Parasite Eve.  I pretty much remember nothing about this game except that I loved it.  Damn it's ugly though:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2011, 10:46:31 PM »

We did a lot of exploring, we only missed two feathers or whatever upgrades health or magic.

It's a fun damn game, and the perfect one to play w/ a friend since while you're playing it's easy to miss out on the graphics

It's hard to miss a lot of that stuff anyway. And yeah, the graphics are amazing. Even if it made the gory stuff gorier.

I loved the soundtrack, it was equally epic.

Back on topic: Random Black Ops multiplayer. Haven't had time for much else.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:51:50 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2011, 12:17:38 AM »

Eww! God of War!

Anyways. I'm playing Tales of the Abyss again, and Mass Effect 2

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2011, 12:37:55 AM »

It's hard to miss a lot of that stuff anyway. And yeah, the graphics are amazing. Even if it made the gory stuff gorier.

I loved the soundtrack, it was equally epic.

Back on topic: Random Black Ops multiplayer. Haven't had time for much else.

Some of the gore had me going "EW" and looking away.  Funny how graphics can be "graphic" enough for that - guess the game did a damn good job of making it look good!

The game is pretty cool; I love that genre of hack-n-slash that usually has the player have enough of an arsenal to take out swarms.  It feels good, and it's fun.  GoW3 was brilliantly done anyhow.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »

Pokemon White - I don't know what it is but I always need to buy a Pokemon game, I've had a rough week so I'm only about 3 hours in but it's definitely pokemon

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2011, 03:41:56 PM »

Pokemon White - I don't know what it is but I always need to buy a Pokemon game, I've had a rough week so I'm only about 3 hours in but it's definitely pokemon

Which means it's awesome.

I'm nearing 60 hours and it's just getting to be the fun part. I'll probably put off any serious team building until I start tidying up my Pokedex.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2011, 11:26:14 AM »

Ar Tonelico Qoga and Radiant Historia. Very different games, but both are very good. Japan is where it's at.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2011, 11:41:33 AM »

Still playing Atelier Iris Eternal Mana - having a lot of fun! It's great how even though this is the first in the series, there are cool features that aren't in the later games (not that the later games don't have their OWN cool features).

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »

I started up a subscription with Gamefly to save more monies and to finish more games.

First game to arrive in my mailbox: Donkey Kong Returns for the Wii! And I LOVE it. Probably just as much as New Super Mario Bros. There's so many tiny secrets to find, just like in the original SNES titles. I finished up the first area on the map. I really liked the sunset level where all you see are the silhouettes of everything, and the level that had a lot of shooting barrels. Does anyone know if you get something special for getting all the bananas in a given level? I know if you get all the KONG letters and puzzle pieces, you get something, but there's a third slot that I haven't filled up for any level, and there was nothing in the game that explained what I'm supposed to accomplish.

Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »

Pokemon Black.  Wow. This is my first time picking the Water starter, so I had to face the Grass boss in the first gym.  It seems like it was a more difficult first gym than the other games, as I had to do a fair bit of grinding.  The key was training up a Purrloin (who I named Tacgnol) as he could withstand the Lillipup's dark attacks. 

With a bit more difficulty and a bigger emphasis on story, this is shaping up to be a great Pokemon game.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »

Pokemon Black.  Wow. This is my first time picking the Water starter, so I had to face the Grass boss in the first gym.  It seems like it was a more difficult first gym than the other games, as I had to do a fair bit of grinding.  The key was training up a Purrloin (who I named Tacgnol) as he could withstand the Lillipup's dark attacks. 

With a bit more difficulty and a bigger emphasis on story, this is shaping up to be a great Pokemon game.

Both Black and White give you an initial first boss that's strong against what your starter is.  There's a little area off to the right side of the city where you can obtain a Pokemon that's strong against them.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: