Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 11:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341217 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 455758 times)
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2011, 12:51:05 PM »

That being said, these games are a lot more fast paced and pinch harder.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2011, 04:04:49 PM »

Pokemon Black.  Wow. This is my first time picking the Water starter, so I had to face the Grass boss in the first gym.  It seems like it was a more difficult first gym than the other games, as I had to do a fair bit of grinding.  The key was training up a Purrloin (who I named Tacgnol) as he could withstand the Lillipup's dark attacks. 

With a bit more difficulty and a bigger emphasis on story, this is shaping up to be a great Pokemon game.

Both Black and White give you an initial first boss that's strong against what your starter is.  There's a little area off to the right side of the city where you can obtain a Pokemon that's strong against them.

Yeah, I got the monkey beforehand which came in handy for the opposing type.  But the gym leader's Lillipup is what held me back because of his Bite attack (though I imagine a lot of it was because my party was too low level).

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
yoshimiinpink

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »

Mine froze again. None of my other games are doing it, so I think it might be the cart. I tried to be careful though and finally beat the Elite 4, Round 1 and N and Ghetsis. No problems whatsoever also with it since I got my new DSiXL. I'm now playing through Soul Silver (never beat, hopefully this gen I can have a COMPLETE Pokedex...) and Radiant Historia, which I absolutely LOVE.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »

So I've finally beaten Greygnarl in DQIX. Now I don't have anything really holding me back from challenging my Lv 99 grotto map. And with a water map of sufficient depth all I need now is to find an ice map of sufficient depth, a map that concludes with Tyrannosaurus Wrecks, and luck out on a Bright Staff and an Angel Robe and I'll be more or less done with grottoes (save for metal and gem slime farming and legacy bosses).

I started up a subscription with Gamefly to save more monies and to finish more games.

First game to arrive in my mailbox: Donkey Kong Returns for the Wii! And I LOVE it. Probably just as much as New Super Mario Bros. There's so many tiny secrets to find, just like in the original SNES titles. I finished up the first area on the map. I really liked the sunset level where all you see are the silhouettes of everything, and the level that had a lot of shooting barrels. Does anyone know if you get something special for getting all the bananas in a given level? I know if you get all the KONG letters and puzzle pieces, you get something, but there's a third slot that I haven't filled up for any level, and there was nothing in the game that explained what I'm supposed to accomplish.

The third slot is regulated to time trials. Clear under a set goal and you'll get your third mark for the stage.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »

Mostly finished with light world salt factory in Super Meat Boy. I heard a lot of complaints about the difficulty here but compared to the hospital the back half was pretty easy. Except there's one bandaid I can't get, in like, the level before the boss, which is odd because it shouldn't be hard. Also thinking I'm missing some warp zones. Whatever.

Maybe it was dark world with the really bad reputation.

Uh, what else. Up to the underwater bit in An Untitled Story. Still going to shill the hell out of An Untitled Story because it's AWESOME. There's also a fire area I could do but er... later. When I have more health upgrades.

Tried playing FRACT but unity games play terribly on this PC.

And now a brief list of games I want to play but can't because I left them at my apartment:
Various Zeldas, Devil Summoner 2, Morrowind, Outpost 2, Serious goddamn Sam.

Oh wells. I guess I could plumb through the depths of my laptop for... whatever I have installed. Or keep working on my personal project and drawing things in MSPaint. Also options.

(http://www.mattmakesgames.com/games.php An Untitled Story. Play it).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »

Mine froze again. None of my other games are doing it, so I think it might be the cart. I tried to be careful though and finally beat the Elite 4, Round 1 and N and Ghetsis. No problems whatsoever also with it since I got my new DSiXL. I'm now playing through Soul Silver (never beat, hopefully this gen I can have a COMPLETE Pokedex...) and Radiant Historia, which I absolutely LOVE.

Could you tell me where you're freezing?

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2011, 12:25:23 PM »

The third slot is regulated to time trials. Clear under a set goal and you'll get your third mark for the stage.

OHHH, thanks. I won't be wasting my time with that then. Now I'm at 3-4 in DKC Returns. Levels are getting noticeably more challenging.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2011, 03:18:11 PM »

Right now I'm on Doudecim.Its good so far.

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »

After slogging for hours on Tactics Ogre, I finally won it. I'm now using the World tarot to basically go back in the game and be a jerk (I went Chaos my first time, now going with Law).

Because I'm using the Anchor points to keep my current party, all of the enemies are now stronger than me because they have equipment I haven't gotten to/seen dropped yet. Doh!

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2011, 04:18:11 PM »

Crysis 2.  I just had to check it out being the compulsive person that I am.  I'ts a top tier FPS to be sure and i'm shocked to see the 360 push these visuals.  The checkpoint system in the game is enraging though. It's always fun to spend 10 minutes fighting your way to an objective only to get killed at the very last second and have to repeat the whole battle.:(

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2011, 12:07:39 AM »

So...I'm getting clean and sober. I haven't played a console game in months because of WoW. I dont blame the game, I blame myself. It's not the meth, it's me.

I'm thinking I wanna get a PS3, but not sure, it's been out four years now, should I just save myself the trouble and wait for a new system? I dont have the money at the moment, but there are a lot of things I'd like to play on it.

To actually be on topic, I'm going to get back into single player RPGs by playing through Final Fantasy VI. I figure that's a good place to start, since it was the first RPG I played from start to finish.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2011, 12:17:13 AM »

Dade, none of the Big Three have talked about their next home consoles at all so I think you're good for at least a few years. Getting a PS3 you could always go back through its library, grab a bunch of Greatest Hits stuff or whatever and still have tons to play. Plus you can get games on PSN and whatnot. Hell, if you wait long enough maybe we'll see another price drop on the system.

Funny you mention FFVI, I've had the biggest hankering to play it lately. It's the third RPG I've played from start to finish (after Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG) and I simply love it. Except I don't have the PSone version and my DS doesn't have a GBA slot. Ugh. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Virtual Console release.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2011, 01:23:31 AM »

Dade, none of the Big Three have talked about their next home consoles at all so I think you're good for at least a few years. Getting a PS3 you could always go back through its library, grab a bunch of Greatest Hits stuff or whatever and still have tons to play. Plus you can get games on PSN and whatnot. Hell, if you wait long enough maybe we'll see another price drop on the system.

Funny you mention FFVI, I've had the biggest hankering to play it lately. It's the third RPG I've played from start to finish (after Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG) and I simply love it. Except I don't have the PSone version and my DS doesn't have a GBA slot. Ugh. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Virtual Console release.

FFVI is on the plate for Japan at least.

More Radiant Historia!!!!  ...found super EXP spot.  Doing that, travelling around in time to steal items off people.  Good times.  Lotsa sidequests.  I like that in a game!
Keeping it short, no one cares, yack yack, everyone beat this weeks ago.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2011, 02:04:20 AM »

It's also out on European VC, so it should be a matter of time. I hope.

Then I can dust off the Wii.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2011, 08:20:44 AM »

Dade, none of the Big Three have talked about their next home consoles at all

Microsoft is starting, but that doesn't mean much. It'll be years before they have something final.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: