Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331867 Posts in 13591 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 414590 times)
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2011, 05:59:52 PM »

Started Red Dead Redemption.  I am addicted.  Bonnie is awesome.  The only thing I hate is herding cattle, but everything else has been such a rich experience that I regret not getting around to it until now. I'm totally swept up in the atmosphere.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 06:02:48 PM by Kstar » Logged

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2011, 12:23:19 AM »

RDR was easily my favorite game of last year.  Such an incredible experience.  Don't worry too much about cattle herding, as you only do it a few times over the course of the whole game.  

I'm going to try my best to finish The Witcher this week so I can safely play the next game.  I love the storytelling and moral dilemmas, but I can't stand the combat system.  Looks like the more action-oriented approach in the sequel will be right up my alley.  Other than that, I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire for the first time, and I adore it!  Seriously, those looking for fantasy with a harder edge and more political intrigue will love this series.  I'm midway through the second book and I haven't been this enthralled with a world and its inhabitants in a long time.  I honestly care about these characters, and that is extremely rare for me. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:33:09 AM by PaleRobbie » Logged
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2011, 01:19:08 AM »

Yep, the books are really, really good. Are all of them available in English these days? I read them all in Polish quite a while ago and I don't really remember them all that well, I wouldn't mind reading them again in English now.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2011, 04:17:54 AM »

So does anybody know how the losses count goes up in TitS? It didn't go up when I used an in battle reset, nor did it go up a second time when I was brought down low enough to have the battle music change, and I know I've had more than one person knocked out as well. So if there's any explanation as to why there's a 1 in the losses total that is mocking me, let me know.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2011, 04:42:45 AM »

After you're done with Red Dead Redemption Kstar make sure you play the Undead Nightmare! Such a great expansion to an already great game. :)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »

So I introduced a friend to Yggdra Union. It's taken me many weeks to play through up to Chapter 7. Took him 4 days.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2011, 06:56:17 PM »

After you're done with Red Dead Redemption Kstar make sure you play the Undead Nightmare! Such a great expansion to an already great game. :)

Oh yes, can you believe I owned both the expansion and RDR and just started playing now?  But, by how much I like RDR and have a love for zombie shooting, I think there's no way I'm missing out on Undead Nightmare!  Still, playing RDR and loving every minute of it! 

Also, restarted the first Mass Effect.  Let's get this party started. :-)

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »

I've been playing various games over the weekend. NFS Shift 2 is one of the most enjoyable racers I've played in some time and I may have to pick it up once I renew my Gold membership on Xbox. Dungeon Hunter on the PS3 is pretty good too. It's no Torchlight but it does have online co-op.  Portal 2 is also great but it's getting complicated on chapter 3(at least for my feeble mind). Finally, Mortal Kombat is really impressive as well. The sheer amount of content is crazy.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2011, 04:30:24 AM »

Started Demons Souls again for the 3rd time without finishing it. My only problem with this game is that you have to fucking pay attention to it or get your ass kicked. My attention span timed out after about 11 bosses the last time. Also started Megaman Legends 2 again.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »

A game you have that you have to pay attention to? No fair!

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »

Cursing my way through Star Ocean: The Last Hope on PS3 (I have to be, based on what I've read, the only person that despises the battle system), playing Jeanne D'Arc on PSP and Okami on PS2. I seldom buy new games so I'm pretty much always "a day late" lol.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2011, 12:12:43 AM »

I know how she feels.  Thank god for Xenosaga and MGS4.  I loved napping in between play periods.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »

I know how she feels.  Thank god for Xenosaga and MGS4.  I loved napping in between play periods.

I could never pay attention to a game like that. I multitask like nothing you've ever seen before.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2011, 12:53:04 AM »

for the first time since hooking up my 360 to a damn great 40" hdtv have I put in ME2....

So happy right now
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2011, 12:56:16 AM »

for the first time since hooking up my 360 to a damn great 40" hdtv have I put in ME2....

So happy right now

Imagine this, but when I was 10 and put in Sonic the HEdgeog and saw the opening scene. That's also how I felt the entire way through FFXIII.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: