Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 04:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338471 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 444981 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: May 03, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »

It really is, at least IMO. It's one of the few games where I've even enjoyed doing the side quests, and I love the story as well, solid game play, and the dialogue is fantastically sarcastic and biting.

Everything's Eventual
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: May 03, 2011, 10:57:36 PM »

Xenosaga I - Up to the part where I first see Jr. I really like Jr. and wish the game focused on him throughout. I'm really disliking Shion more this time around than I remember disliking her way back when. She is just such a poorly written character and I really hope they found a way to balance her out and make her less shitty in the next two games.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »

Ok, stopped enchanted arms and started Yakuza 3 even though i've finished 4. I'm actually enjoying it and it seems to be almost exactly the same engine used for 4? It amazes me how many Umbrella's are in the water in Okinawa :)

Nier for $20? It's $50 2nd hand here
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: May 04, 2011, 12:23:31 PM »

I really like Jr. and wish the game focused on him throughout.

You're gonna love episode 2.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: May 04, 2011, 02:15:04 PM »

Yeah I played through a lot of ep 2 before. Pretty much right up till the end of disc 1 I think. I remember a fight with Albedo. I barely remember the story though which is why I decided to start from ep 1. Just plan to run through it fast as I can. I have to say that I do remember it being a bit more difficult but maybe I'm still to early to tell.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: May 05, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »

I rented Dynasty Warriors 7 a day or two ago, and I have to say it's the same repetitive bullshit that all other Warriors games are, but for some reason I can't stop playing it. I'm probably gonna end up buying it for full price (possibly before NiER). I have no idea why I like this game so much, but at the same time I'm not gonna complain.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: May 05, 2011, 06:06:25 PM »

Finished Portal 2 SP. Brilliant as expected.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: May 05, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »

I just finished the stuff with Cave Johnson and the blue gel in chapter 7. How much more do I have left? Is it over 6 hours?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: May 06, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »

Finished ending A in Nier, wow! Playing back through for ending B and decided to start a new (translate: old game in game book) PS2 game at same time...Odin's Sphere kicked my ass at first, piss poor tutorial IMO, lol, but getting the nang of it now

Everything's Eventual
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: May 06, 2011, 02:43:13 PM »

I just finished the stuff with Cave Johnson and the blue gel in chapter 7. How much more do I have left? Is it over 6 hours?

Chapter 8 is one of the longest. I don't know how much time it took me to complete, maybe around 6 hours, yeah.

Anyway, FFXII looks so good in HD I might end up playing through the whole thing again. Here are some snapshots I took just now:

Ashe is sexy.

I'm going to fire up ZOE2 to see how it looks. It's going to melt my face.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:44:55 PM by CDFN » Logged

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: May 06, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »

Do post some screenshot of ZoE2. That game never really aged graphically either.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: May 06, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »

This just in, Ashe's outfit still makes no fucking goddamn sense.

Btw, TitS question. Is it worth getting all the side-quests done, or can some of them like the hidden quest over at the second tower be skipped safely?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: May 07, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »

This just in, Ashe's outfit still makes no fucking goddamn sense.

Btw, TitS question. Is it worth getting all the side-quests done, or can some of them like the hidden quest over at the second tower be skipped safely?

I liked Ashe's outfit at first... not so much the "Squeenix size skirt", but it looks okay. Two things it tells me though: she has floppy titties, and she has thick thighs and ass.  Befitting of a princess who sits all day?  Design wise, the only thing that reallly bothers me is the weird high-sailor collar.  It just looks silly.

As for Tits, it's best to do Quests almost as soon as they come, they do become missable as the chapter goes on.  I think the only hidden quests I did were the ones at the school. =/  They were either too hidden for me, or I just stopped speaking to NPCs when the rest of the did enough chatting.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: May 07, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »

Design wise, the only thing that reallly bothers me is the weird high-sailor collar.  It just looks silly.

I thought the collar was cute. :(

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: May 07, 2011, 04:05:15 PM »

still playing super robot wars Z2 just got to the point where dancouga nova no longer has a 5 turn limit. kamina died so simon spent half a battle at under 100 morale. so far ive aced kallen and the BO(banpresto original) played a little of dracula X chronicles or whatever its called. aparently doves can smite the undead :o

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: