Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 06:19:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330153 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 405295 times)
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2011, 08:30:17 PM »

Beat the Elite4 + Champion in Pokemon Black yesterday. It's been months since I beat anything so yay for that. I pretty much regulated with my overleveled Swanna and Emolga.

SO much more to do in the game though. Currently at around 55hrs.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: May 15, 2011, 04:51:36 PM »

More Tales of Graces F. 6 hours in now. Saved outside of Grayside and just got Pascal in the group.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: May 15, 2011, 05:43:37 PM »

Mass Effect 2 is being awesome. Awesomely awesome in an awesome fashion that leaves me in awe. But I prefer overheating to ammo.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: May 15, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »

Not sure I've ever seen as many cheap ways to die as in Odin Sphere, I swear, miss one attack and it bites you in the ass.

Everything's Eventual
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: May 15, 2011, 06:41:29 PM »

I not only picked up Fallout Brotherhood of Steel, but Star Ocean 4 as well!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: May 15, 2011, 09:00:32 PM »

Mass Effect 2 is being awesome. Awesomely awesome in an awesome fashion that leaves me in awe. But I prefer overheating to ammo.

Ammo really was never a problem to me even on hardcore. My SMG is like the only weapon i use and sometimes my sniper rifle if i need it but i don't ever use any other weapons, and i never have 0 ammo on either like ever. My biggest problem with the ammo system they implemented is that you never run out. So it kind of defeats the purpose. Otherwise i prefer it to overheating.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: May 15, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »

Not sure I've ever seen as many cheap ways to die as in Odin Sphere, I swear, miss one attack and it bites you in the ass.

There's two or three  underlying problems that cause this.

- You can get knocked back by enemies, but that they can't be knocked back by you.
- The 'attack too much and get stunned' thing.
- Potentially, the limited viewing area/weird enemy spawn-in behavior.

Asymmetrical knockback is probably the biggest problem, though, and the second reason I never got past really early on in the rabbit's chapter (the main reason I quit being having to replay those godawful heat/cold damage stages again. It's nice that you have an alchemy system. Forcing the player to grind up some stupid potions to overcome a totally arbitrary cherry tapping bullshit thing that's only present for the sake of being present is just stupid design, though).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: May 16, 2011, 01:54:31 AM »

In the name of retro, I started Shining the Holy Ark on my old Saturn. Probably one of the weakest Shining games, f'ing great ss rpg imho.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: May 16, 2011, 02:05:45 AM »

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth [Hard Mode].

I haven't had a problem yet.  I've been keeping every artifact since Odin's palace is fabulous looking enough, and I got some good shit out of it!  But serious: Element Scepter -> Tome of Alchemy -> Instant-Kill Item.  A fancy fucking experience tool when you can easily encounter high-leveled enemies in the game's extra dungeon.  Anyway, this game makes me feel good about exploiting it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: May 16, 2011, 02:58:23 AM »

- You can get knocked back by enemies, but that they can't be knocked back by you.

Asymmetrical knockback is probably the biggest problem, though, and the second reason I never got past really early on in the rabbit's chapter (the main reason I quit being having to replay those godawful heat/cold damage stages again. It's nice that you have an alchemy system. Forcing the player to grind up some stupid potions to overcome a totally arbitrary cherry tapping bullshit thing that's only present for the sake of being present is just stupid design, though).

You forgot the godawful slowdown. Pieces of debris and other attacks that don't go away upon contact will happily score their hits on you while they slowly chug through your beautifully rendered flesh. It's the leading factor behind that one boss (well actually two) fight being the single worst fight in the game (the running up factors involve goddamn wizards (they have one of the most obnoxious gimmicks in the game to fight effectively, you're seriously lucky to have stopped when you did because they don't show up until the bunny dude's final chapter) and being forced to fight it with the worst character in the game).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: May 16, 2011, 07:03:35 AM »

You forgot the godawful slowdown. Pieces of debris and other attacks that don't go away upon contact will happily score their hits on you while they slowly chug through your beautifully rendered flesh. It's the leading factor behind that one boss (well actually two) fight being the single worst fight in the game (the running up factors involve goddamn wizards (they have one of the most obnoxious gimmicks in the game to fight effectively, you're seriously lucky to have stopped when you did because they don't show up until the bunny dude's final chapter) and being forced to fight it with the worst character in the game).

You guys have got to be reading my mind (and it's good to know I'm not simply a shitty player at this game), because you are both talking about the EXACT spot I am now at, Pooka Prince (Cornelius) last chapter. My God those wizards are simply ridiculous. Last night before bed I finally threw the controller across the room and quite. But I WILL finish this (at least this chapter, then we'll see). I just cranked up the PS2 so...update shortly!!

EDIT: 45 mins later I finally beat that God forsaken level, this game will be the death of me...or at least my damn controllers!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:42:57 AM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: May 16, 2011, 05:35:47 PM »

Space Funeral is really goddamn fantastic so far.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: May 16, 2011, 08:56:18 PM »

You guys have got to be reading my mind (and it's good to know I'm not simply a shitty player at this game), because you are both talking about the EXACT spot I am now at, Pooka Prince (Cornelius) last chapter. My God those wizards are simply ridiculous. Last night before bed I finally threw the controller across the room and quite. But I WILL finish this (at least this chapter, then we'll see). I just cranked up the PS2 so...update shortly!!

EDIT: 45 mins later I finally beat that God forsaken level, this game will be the death of me...or at least my damn controllers!!!

Hopefully, you've realized by now just how fond of repeating locations and fights this game is. On the plus side, you're about to start Mercedes' story which is good because she's by far the best character in the game (gameplay wise). On the minus side, you're nowhere near the fight that I was actually talking about. Cornelius is not the worst character in the game (regardless of just how ineffectual it may be the Bunny Buzzsaw of DOOM!!! is still ridiculously awesome), and that particular fight will make you loathe wizards on a whole new level.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: May 16, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »

GREAT! So I have that to look forward to, lol. And yeah, I'm a couple of acts into Mercedes storyline. At first I HATED her but now I am loving that bow. Still unreal how cheap some of the deaths are though, I cannot imagine this game if there was a expert/hardcore mode...or is there? I never paid attention when I started it...I do like the game so far though, it can just be seriously annoying!!!

Everything's Eventual
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: May 17, 2011, 12:14:59 AM »

Me1, Started at 2:30AM after finishing yakuza 3. The 2007 visuals show their age but are convincing enough to put you in the environment. Different to what i'm used to but should be pretty good.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: