Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:39:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 427271 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: July 25, 2011, 09:17:38 AM »

OK...the platforming aspect of Oath in Felghana is getting a tad old.

I was thinking as well after I fell for the 50th time trying to cross a narrow ledge in the Elderm Mountains. I eventually made it across and ended up fighting some dragon boss. I died after getting it to about 1/3 of it's HP, then turned it off for the night.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: July 25, 2011, 10:07:05 AM »

Started chapter 3 of Trails in the Sky (around the 20 hour mark).  I'm enjoying it a lot and am glad that it's not overly difficult.  Saw the post on the front page about a new TiTS and am curious how that relates to the tits I'm playing.

Is kinda hard to explain this without mentioning the overly convoluted mess that is the continuity of titles of the The Legend of Heroes games. But to make things easy, think in the Kiseki series (the games we are getting right now) as books in where every game is a new chapter.

The series is composed by (what you could say) two trilogies at the moment:

First part of the Kiseki series:

Sora no Kiseki First Chapter
Sora no Kiseki Second Chapter
Sora no Kiseki the 3rd -- An epilogue more than a continuation of the other games from what I've heard

Random/optional game:

Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga -- Crossover game like Dissidia

Second part of the Kiseki series:

Zero no Kiseki -- Continuation of the story with new characters in a new region and a bunch of stuff that I can't say because of spoilers. One thing though, you will see characters from previous titles
Ao no Kiseki -- Sequel to Zero no Kiseki

This series can last as long as Falcom wants. Pray for your wallet... :<
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: July 25, 2011, 10:53:05 AM »

OK...the platforming aspect of Oath in Felghana is getting a tad old.

I was thinking as well after I fell for the 50th time trying to cross a narrow ledge in the Elderm Mountains. I eventually made it across and ended up fighting some dragon boss. I died after getting it to about 1/3 of it's HP, then turned it off for the night.

Oh, it gets worse, much, much worse, just wait until Valestein Castle and The Clock Tower, seriously, these parts may be the games demise for me, it's simply ridiculous that if you fall you may indeed fall ALL the way to the bottom and have to do it all over again for the umpteenth time.

Everything's Eventual
Elincia

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: July 25, 2011, 11:09:10 AM »

Finished another case in LA Noire. Fun game, but definitely rough around the edges. I commend Rockstar for its ambitiousness with this project and definitely hope to see a more refined game along these lines.

Not Rockstar, Team Bondi. Rockstar only gave money and edited the game. Well, they also participated to the development, but only at the end (something like several months before the game was released).

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: July 25, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »

The shooting sucks.

The moon buggy is just about the most frustrating thing I've ever had the mispleasure of driving in a game.

The inventory system is atrocious.

Mass Effect blows.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: July 25, 2011, 01:50:24 PM »

Finished another case in LA Noire. Fun game, but definitely rough around the edges. I commend Rockstar for its ambitiousness with this project and definitely hope to see a more refined game along these lines.

Not Rockstar, Team Bondi. Rockstar only gave money and edited the game. Well, they also participated to the development, but only at the end (something like several months before the game was released).

I know Team Bondi made it but I guess that's what I mean. I'm happy that Rockstar would be willing to back a project like this which is drastically different from most of what they're known for.

I managed to get to a better internet connection and snag the Catherine demo. Oh man, that game is going to kick my ass. I liked it for sure, but that first freaking puzzle kicked my ass. I think it's mostly because I didn't figure out that staircase thing until most of the floor had fallen, but yeah it'll be interesting. Is the whole game going to be just puzzle after puzzle in that vein? And did they give any clue as to how long the game will be? I hope it's nothing too excessive.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: July 25, 2011, 05:53:24 PM »

Started chapter 3 of Trails in the Sky (around the 20 hour mark).  I'm enjoying it a lot and am glad that it's not overly difficult.  Saw the post on the front page about a new TiTS and am curious how that relates to the tits I'm playing.

Is kinda hard to explain this without mentioning the overly convoluted mess that is the continuity of titles of the The Legend of Heroes games. But to make things easy, think in the Kiseki series (the games we are getting right now) as books in where every game is a new chapter.

The series is composed by (what you could say) two trilogies at the moment:

First part of the Kiseki series:

Sora no Kiseki First Chapter
Sora no Kiseki Second Chapter
Sora no Kiseki the 3rd -- An epilogue more than a continuation of the other games from what I've heard

Random/optional game:

Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga -- Crossover game like Dissidia

Second part of the Kiseki series:

Zero no Kiseki -- Continuation of the story with new characters in a new region and a bunch of stuff that I can't say because of spoilers. One thing though, you will see characters from previous titles
Ao no Kiseki -- Sequel to Zero no Kiseki

This series can last as long as Falcom wants. Pray for your wallet... :<

I must say I'm still a tad confused.  Is LoH: Trails of Blue part of the Zero no Kiseki as well as the next one we're getting?  If so, has the sequel to the game we have, not been released yet in Japan either?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: July 25, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »

Is LoH: Trails of Blue part of the Zero no Kiseki as well as the next one we're getting?

Yes, it is. Trails of Blue is the sequel of Zero no Kiseki also know as "Ao no Kiseki" in Japan. And the next game we are getting is "Sora no Kiseki Second Chapter".

If so, has the sequel to the game we have, not been released yet in Japan either?

It was released in 2006. The sequel they are getting in Japan right now is Ao no Kiseki.

This might help you to understand things better:

(2004) The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki First Chapter (FC) -- Known as "Trails in the Sky" in America
(2006) The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki Second Chapter (SC)
(2007) The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd
(2010) The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki
(2011) The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki

As you can see, Xseed has a lot of work to do with this series.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: July 26, 2011, 09:46:27 AM »

Oath - WAY too much bad actor Dogi talking last night. Ugh.

I DLed Bastion. I played for about 45 minutes and already dig it. The narrator sounds really familiar. Looks like there's going to be some world building type stuff, which I like. Reminds me of Dark Cloud 2.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: July 26, 2011, 05:53:39 PM »

Okay, I need some help with Mass Effect.

I'm on Therum. I got to a point where I had to leave my buggy and walk. I fought some guys, and then a cut scene came up with a big monster. I start battling, and I'm repeatedly killed in one hit, even if I'm behind cover.

I said "screw it", loaded my game and drove all the way back to the launch point, thinking I could get on my ship and go somewhere else to level up a bit, but the game won't let me get back on the Normandy.

Effectively, I am stuck. I am starting to think I'm going to have to start over from the beginning, which would really piss me off, because both the saves I have are on the planet I'm on now.

Any advice?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 26, 2011, 07:21:30 PM »

I'm almost done with AC Bloodlines and it's being fucking stupid. Makes me kill a bunch of guards so whatsherface won't be discovered. So I kill the last guy..and it tells me I failed. HOW? Fuck you, game.

Also the analog nub on the PSP is the worst excuse for analog control ever.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: July 27, 2011, 02:26:07 AM »

Started Nier, atmosphere is spot on for me, and swearing in a peenix game!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: July 27, 2011, 04:18:34 AM »

Tales of the Abyss on the PS2. I wanted to see for myself if the load times we're really that bad. I timed it. While the PS2 version does have longer load times, it's a 2 second difference at most based on that comparative video.

I guess the type of PS2 (or PS3) you play the game on could make a slight difference, but my PS2 is a first generation model currently enjoying its third chance at life. Whenever I boot a game I'm praying 'please don't die, please don't die, please don't die'. In fact, it should have died from DREs years ago. There is no way in hell my poor old PS2 is one of the faster ones out there.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: July 27, 2011, 04:22:39 AM »

Been playing Catherine and Chrono Trigger. I like Catherine a lot. It's a bit too difficult at times though. Chrono Trigger is good too. I like it. I'm a bit sad I haven't played it until now.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: July 27, 2011, 05:00:06 AM »

You're too young to worry about games you missed. Not that you should worry about it later. Backlogs creep up on you awfully fast...
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: