Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:47:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319801 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 362010 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: August 16, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »

Started playing Inazuma Eleven. I am having a blast with it and have reached what appear to be the last team. It is a great blend between a soccer game and an rpg. It is really messed up in certain areas though.

Code:
One kid fakes his own death when he learns he will be unable to play soccer. The main villain of the game ordered a players little sister to be run over when his opponents refused his bribe. That is pretty much just scratching the surface and it seems way over the top when you are managing a team of 14 year olds.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: August 16, 2011, 06:54:32 PM »

^Nice avatar/post combo there chief.

I wonder if anyone else caught it ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: August 16, 2011, 11:11:26 PM »

Finished MW1 and MW2 on Veteran level and now playing online with both, learnt to dislike quickscopers. Released the beast in the library in Nier which is now dead forever, I am assuming this boss is a spoiler as to what happens to Kaine? idk, still fun
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 17, 2011, 12:53:24 AM »

I found out months ago that MW1 online was filled with hackers still anyway. MW2, they tried to get rid of them recently but I was actually liking World at War's multiplayer more anyway. Weird I know.

Still messing around in ACB. Since when did I decide Subject16's freaky-ass glyphs were a good idea?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: August 17, 2011, 10:46:30 PM »

akanbe and I beat portal 2 co-op. Some real good puzzles there and a great co-op.

We'll probably go back in and achievement whore it up

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: August 17, 2011, 10:51:50 PM »

Played more Fallout 3. I am really enjoying this, but it just does not feel like an RPG at all.

Code:
And that Minefield mission was really annoying. Not only did you have to dodge landmines, you had to dodge a practically unkillable sniper? Took me 30 minutes too long to do this quest.

I also restarted Knights in the Nightmare. I couldn't remember why I was doing anything in the story so I figured I might as well restart. I rage quit after winning the battle in one turn. I wanted to recruit that knight.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: August 17, 2011, 11:03:49 PM »

Tried Fallout 3. Didn't really like it. Maybe if I gave it more time it may have grown on me, but I think I'm going to sell it. Also going to sell Catherine. It was cool, but it just didn't hold my interest enough. Going to use all that toward Deus Ex. Just finished the second Arson case in LA Noire. I've thoroughly enjoyed every moment in this game. I really hope there are more games like this, maybe a bit more streamlined and open as far as methods for solving cases. I've kind of burnt out on FFXIII. Maybe it was just Chapter 11, but honestly the "openness" wasn't for me and it took way to long to get through. I don't care how optional those missions are, it really feels like they were mandatory. I can't imagine having gotten as far in the Crystarium as I did without hunting all the missions. In the beginning of Chapter 12 (which had a really ridiculous opening action scene) and I'm hoping that Chapters 12-13 are as fast paced as the other chapters and I can finish it before school starts/I get Deus Ex.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:28 AM »

Wild Arms 5. Almost done! Aside from a few puzzles, this game was really a lot of fun. It was also incredibly cheesy, like an anime from the eighties (late seventies?) kinda way. The last few hours provided enough cheese to feed a Dutch village for a year.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: August 18, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »

I reached chapter 5 in the Alternate History in Radiant Historia. At this point, I pretty much only fight if I have to.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 18, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »

Got all but one of Subject16's puzzles in ACB. I have 12 recruits and they're all level 7... Yeah I send them out a LOT.

Now sequence 8. Do I get to raise hell at Vatican City? Awesome.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: August 18, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »

Taking a break in Demon's Souls to play LA Noire. Game rules

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: August 18, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »

Got the day off and decided to see if I can blast through FFXIII. After an hour I'm mostly done with Chapter 12 and actually got the hang of this upgrade system and have some decent weapons for my main party: Lightning, Sazh, Vanille. I think I can be done by tonight if I actually spend the day in front of the xbox.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »

Finished Might and Magic Clash of Heroes the other day. Definitely a solid game. I think the story could have used a lot more fleshing out but the game mechanics are utterly solid and the last boss was at least a pretty decent challenge. Not sure what game I'll be looking to play on my DS next so I've just been plugging away at Picross as it's been around for awhile and I just put it aside after Picross 3d took over my life a year and a half ago.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: August 18, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »

Beat the shit out of a long-haired pretty boy and saved Filgaia. Whoever wrote those scenes leading up to the final battles was five years old or on a massive sugar high. Or both. Probably both. Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to be immature once in a while, especially if it involves robots and rocket punches. Oh and the monowheels final moments? At first I didn't know if I should facepalm or cheer, but in the end is was awesomely ridiculous.

Now I feel like eating brightly coloured breakfastcereal (no milk, no spoon) and watching Transformers.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:54:53 PM by Tomara » Logged
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: August 18, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »

Definitely not beating FFXIII today. The difficulty spikes with some bosses are just too freaking extreme. Fighting The Proudclad in Chapter 12 and I'm this close to breaking my controller. This is freaking last boss level fighting. Over 3 million HP, which takes an asslong time to hack away at. Then he fully heals halfway through the battle and becomes even more powerful. What kind of BS is this. There are too many cheap as fuck bosses in this game. And honestly the story took such a nosedive from Chapter 11 I'm finding little motivation to finish other than the fact I've gotten so far.

Edit:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm THIS close to calling it quits on this game. It's really pissing me off how crazy hard the game has gotten. Forget that last boss, these freaking regular fights are destroying me. It doesn't matter what strategy I use, one hit from any of these enemies kills me. I know I'm not too weak because all my characters are pretty much maxed on primary roles and a few have some progress on secondaries, but I get in to battle and bam, I'm done before I've managed to press a button. WTF? And what's crazy is I know I'm close to done and want to just finish, but if I can't even make it through this fucking hallway...guh...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:46:33 PM by Azrael » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: