Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 07:52:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331698 Posts in 13580 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 412905 times)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1560 on: October 02, 2011, 05:41:35 PM »

Been playing Solatorobo. I'm at Chapter 4 and love everything about this. My only complaint is that all the stat-boosting feels useless. The Attack stat just makes battles go by a little quicker (barely noticeable), I haven't needed to touch the Defense stat, the Mobility just makes exploration less tedious. Hydraulics feels like the only stat that matter. I think making Solatorobo a straight action game would have been better.

Now that I'm done with the rant, play it.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1561 on: October 02, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »

I loved BBS.  I hate how they are reluctant to make a 3rd titles as they cash cow the other hand held titles for all they're worth, even when they suck.  BBS is the only proper one.  The only thing I hated about Birth By Sleep, aside from overly fluffy cutscenes, was that to move on in Mirage Arena you HAVE to advance in their stupid racing game... I swear that shit is less intuitive than Mario Kart on the SNES.

The secret bosses for that game, if you plan to do them, good luck.  You may wear out your dodge button. :P

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1562 on: October 02, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »

The secret bosses for that game, if you plan to do them, good luck.  You may wear out your dodge button. :P

Well it's been a common practice for me to get everything in these games (even the terrible ones), but I'm doing this playthrough on Critical so I'm pretty sure the dodge button will be worn out before i even get to the optional bosses :P. It depends on how hard the game lets later on. I might just replay it on proud when i decide to do everything.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1563 on: October 02, 2011, 10:32:18 PM »

I'm almost finished Gears 3 and it's been a great ride so far.  The underwater sequence looked amazing btw.  I should probably finish Dead Island as well with 2 more big releases this week. I'll probably pick up Crono Trigger of PSN as well.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1564 on: October 03, 2011, 01:12:18 AM »

Well, El Shaddai and I are much better friends, I am loving it now.  I've warmed up to the combat, and the visuals continue to impress and surprise.  Seriously, the game goes in so many different directions with its environments it's amazing.  Also, some of bigger boss battles are definitely getting my adrenaline pumping...intense in all the right ways. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1565 on: October 03, 2011, 04:36:59 AM »

I'm happy to say Critical Mode in BBS has been quite brutal Eraqus beat my ass like 20 times before i finally got him, and i had to grind for 2 hours in NeverLand to beat the final boss of Terra's story on to Ventus' now. He sucks as a character but at least he's fun to play as.

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1566 on: October 03, 2011, 08:06:41 PM »

I am definitely putting Drakengard on Easy. This has gone from challenging to frustrating. TOO MANY DAMN ARCHERS EVERYWHERE.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1567 on: October 03, 2011, 11:18:54 PM »

Played through blackops and enough is enough, switched on vesperia at 2Am and realized this is where my interests are, in rpg's. I gotta say Fire emblem on the wii is promising, bought it for $5 and gave it a go. Haven't played classic style rpg's for ages and I think i'll enjoy fire emblem RD. Nice to see there's quite a few wii titles that use the classic controller, and nice to see so many rpg's on wii. Also tried dragon quest and maybe the fight style is a bit lame, but also got this 2nd hand on the cheap.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1568 on: October 04, 2011, 10:06:56 PM »

My copy of the ICO collection arrived today and I immediately started playing Shadow of the Colossus.  It looks great.  It's gonna take some time to get used to the clunkiness of the controls again.

It might look better, but fuck me it is hard to spot fruit to shoot down.  That wasn't easy on the eyes to begin with, but it's especially tough now that it blends in so much better.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1569 on: October 04, 2011, 11:09:13 PM »

My copy of the ICO collection arrived today and I immediately started playing Shadow of the Colossus.  It looks great.  It's gonna take some time to get used to the clunkiness of the controls again.

It might look better, but fuck me it is hard to spot fruit to shoot down.  That wasn't easy on the eyes to begin with, but it's especially tough now that it blends in so much better.

I thought the same... but it's amazing how quick you get used to them.  Weird when the human body anticipates for that kinds of things.  Just do a run around the land, picking fruit and killing lizards.  If you warm up to the controls that way, the next several colossi are cake.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1570 on: October 05, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

Stared a game of Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance as a fairly week nation. Went on the first adventure I was offered. Promptly got 3/5 of my lieutenants killed by an elevator trap or something.

Actually I accidentally set one on fire TEEHEE.

This is an immensely weird game.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1571 on: October 05, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »

I'm honestly surprised with how much fun I'm having with R & C: TOD. The variety of weapons alone makes it a "blast" to play(sorry, that was bad). I'm on some pirate island now, which is turning out to be a pretty cool level. Heck, I'm even impressed with the music. Kind of sounds like a Hans Zimmer action movie soundtrack. The only thing lacking is bosses. Where are they? This game should have amazing mechanical monstrosities for bosses, but there really hasn't been ANY. How odd.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1572 on: October 05, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »

Played through blackops and enough is enough, switched on vesperia at 2Am and realized this is where my interests are, in rpg's. I gotta say Fire emblem on the wii is promising, bought it for $5 and gave it a go. Haven't played classic style rpg's for ages and I think i'll enjoy fire emblem RD. Nice to see there's quite a few wii titles that use the classic controller, and nice to see so many rpg's on wii. Also tried dragon quest and maybe the fight style is a bit lame, but also got this 2nd hand on the cheap.

I've been getting into more console FPS as the RPG selection this gen is quite small.

I've been contemplating getting a fragfx as a controll pad just sucks for FPS. I guess some people can become quite good at it, but I'm unable to play on any sensitivities much above default, which really hampers you against many players online.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1573 on: October 05, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=33ct9FBnIfI#t=65s
This has become my OFFISHAL Colossus Slaying tune.

Good to know that I wasn't the only one that thought of this for colossus. lol. Vulgar and funny. This song is going to transcend the generations and make its way to classical music. It's function of use: Killing Colossi. ;)

In Regards to Final Fantsy Tactics PSP, My campaign of playing through the games with only Orators is so far a success! I have converted every human minus those who are killed by their own friends, which are now My friends now. Hah. The cult of Ramza is recruiting!

Join or Die.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:56:42 PM by Wild Armor » Logged

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1574 on: October 05, 2011, 01:15:08 PM »

I've been contemplating getting a fragfx as a controll pad just sucks for FPS. I guess some people can become quite good at it, but I'm unable to play on any sensitivities much above default, which really hampers you against many players online.

I have a FragFX.  They work, but can be really finicky.  Remember that they work by translating mouse movements into the equivalent stick movements so it won't always feel as natural as using a mouse.  But if you spend a while tweaking both the in-game sensitivity and the sensitivity on the controller you can get something that feels OK.  Once you get it set right it really does help.

One advantage of the FragFX over the traditional mouse and keyboard is that you still have an analog stick for movement.  But really, I wish more PS3 games would just support mice in the first place...

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: