Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:47:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334669 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 425560 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1590 on: October 07, 2011, 04:13:53 PM »

Getting started with Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. After the cakewalk that was Other M, I'm getting my ass kicked by this game.  Two missions in and I've already seen the Game Over screen twice. That's fairly embarrassing considering I'm playing on normal. Other M barely required me to pay any attention to what I was doing for a large chunk of the game so I need to get back into the mindset of "thinking while playing".

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1591 on: October 08, 2011, 12:50:04 AM »

Getting started with Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. After the cakewalk that was Other M, I'm getting my ass kicked by this game.  Two missions in and I've already seen the Game Over screen twice. That's fairly embarrassing considering I'm playing on normal. Other M barely required me to pay any attention to what I was doing for a large chunk of the game so I need to get back into the mindset of "thinking while playing".

That's the problem with FE10. The jokers you start the game out with suck for the most part and you don't get a hell of a lot of time to fix them. Also be aware of hidden items scattered throughout all of the stages; some of them are worth finding (but are mostly crap like coins).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1592 on: October 09, 2011, 12:03:31 AM »

I've made it a point to avoid Fire Emblem like the plague given my shitty experience with Shadow Dragon.

That aside, I just finished My Japanese Coach, ordered My Chinese Coach to solidify my knowledge of the Kanji, and am currently playing Okami on the PlayStation 2 (I got the Catwalk ability and am exploring) and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (I'm on Episode 1 although this is my fourth cycle, with Mid-Boss having kicked my ass yet again at the end of Episode 6).

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1593 on: October 09, 2011, 08:21:26 AM »

So I'm at the end of Dragon Quest V when I close my case, go back 2 hours later and my battery died along with any feeling I had with replaying the last few hours. I have a feeling this will be another Dragon Quest IX where the game just sits on my shelf beckoning me to play but due to my own stupidity I can't because I don't want to replay something that I remember so clearly.

I'm playing Dragon Quest VI now. From what I understand it is fun but way too long.

Me and Dragon Quest are weird. It's one of my favorite RPGs to play, I love the hell out of the series and now have at least touched every one of them but the only one I've ever beaten was IV and I've beaten it like 5 times.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1594 on: October 09, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »

I decided to dig out Sacred 2 because I'm in the mood for something Diablo-like.  I think I should have just kept digging and gotten out Diablo 2.

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1595 on: October 09, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »

I've been playing a lot of Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. This is an oddly addicting game. I'm not even sure why I like it so much. There's practically no challenge (I've died once because of control issues and I'm fairly certain that there is no Game Over screen), the world and dungeons are linear as hell, the plot is your average save the world plot, and the characters don't run very deep (I AM THE HERO, I am the careful sister, I'm the child with a mysterious destiny that ties us together, I'm probably a transvestite, etc.). It's still the most raw fun I've had with a game since the first 20 hours of FFXIII. Maybe my tastes just suck.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1596 on: October 09, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »

I decided to dig out Sacred 2 because I'm in the mood for something Diablo-like.  I think I should have just kept digging and gotten out Diablo 2.

Diablo II is /always/ the right choice.

I'm 32 hours into Persona 3 Portable.  Only another 50000 to go.  Also about to start up Wizorb on the 360.  It's a 16bit style RPG / Arkanoid clone, so it can't be bad.  :P

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1597 on: October 09, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »

Just got the "make flowers grow" power in Okamiden. I don't think I'm enjoying this very much.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1598 on: October 09, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »

Just got the "make flowers grow" power in Okamiden. I don't think I'm enjoying this very much.

I kinda wanted to get it... why the "meh"? :(

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1599 on: October 09, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »

1. Obnoxious quest compass.
2. Irrotable camera.
3. So far it feels less like a sequel and more like a rather scaled-back port.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1600 on: October 09, 2011, 11:45:08 PM »

Ditched Vesperia which i'll come back to at a later date. Playing enchanted arms now from the beginning and i'm going to like it, i'm up to the bit where they're heading back to the school .
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1601 on: October 10, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »

Started playing WoW again. D:

Didn't really get too into the first few times I tried, yet I keep coming back. I can't help but listen to its sweet siren song.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1602 on: October 10, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »

Okamiden has reminded me how photorealistic the wolf monster genitalia were in Final Fantasy XII. That was actually kind of creepy. Actually what was really creepy is that the giant wolf you fight from that one hunt had a different nether-regions texture than the OTHER wolves, meaning that SOMEBODY at Square was probably paid at least a few hundred dollars to paint not one, but two, wolf...things.

All that money you've paid Square over the years? This is what it's funding. I hope you're happy.

Anyway the actual gameplay in Okamiden is sort of picking up I guess. I should get back to Ultima 8 before I forget what I was doing, though. I think I need to find Stratos next. Or bug some bitch about blackrock. I don't really remember.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1603 on: October 11, 2011, 01:55:13 AM »

Okamiden has reminded me how photorealistic the wolf monster genitalia were in Final Fantasy XII. That was actually kind of creepy. Actually what was really creepy is that the giant wolf you fight from that one hunt had a different nether-regions texture than the OTHER wolves, meaning that SOMEBODY at Square was probably paid at least a few hundred dollars to paint not one, but two, wolf...things.

All that money you've paid Square over the years? This is what it's funding. I hope you're happy.

To be fair most of Squaresoft's money vanished into that awful Spirits Within movie. It's all Enix and Squeenix munnies now.

Still haven't done much to Champions of Norrath yet, but I'm getting there. Almost done with the isles and then all that's left is the netherworld bullshit.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1604 on: October 11, 2011, 02:16:27 AM »

Still playing Demon's Souls. I have two characters now, I''ve have finished the game like 6 times with my original character (Soldier class) and now I'm doing the 2nd playthrough of my new character (Wanderer class).

I just need four trophies more to get the Platinum one, I really want to get that damn thing but getting those damn Chunks of Bladestones is almost impossible and trying to get a Pure Bladestone is something of pure luck and skill. Oh, and getting the Chunks of Cloudstone was a pretty repetitive process, you have to go to the last area of World 4 and kill with the Stormruler those weird things that fly and if you have any patience you can get one of those chunks to upgrade a shield after you get like 30 Shards of Cloudstone.

I manage to get 1 million souls with my original character doing this so you can imagine how many hours (and days) I have spent trying to get these chunks.

And I can tell more about my adventures in Demon's Souls but I think that's enough for now. I've been playing this for like 200+ hours I think, that's more of what I played of P3 FES... fucking stones, man. Fucking stones.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: