Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332847 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 418298 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: November 08, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »

I don't know what the EU one entails other than Move but the NA Director's Cut comes with that and some DLC and whatever else I put in the post. Try looking up the EU Move edition on Amazon.co.uk or something, my internet's too painfully slow to do so. :-P

Hell they might even be the same exact thing.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: November 08, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »

Oh, for fuck's sake.

L.A. Noire spoilers:

Code:
I now hate the entire batch of murder cases.

I realize it was hinted all along that it was probably the same guy committing all the murders instead of a series of copycat killings, but spending the last half-dozen cases crucifying innocent people has completely killed my interest in continuing.

I'm probably crazy. :P

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: November 08, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

Started playing KoTOR in anticipation for Skyrim. Would have played Oblivion but I can't find my disc.

Anyway, never played KoTOR before, but I had gotten in off of Steam earlier this year. I like the stylishness of the combat, and the dialogue is good. While I'm no stranger to older Bioware games (played a lot of BG2 and NWN1 in my day), I do have to say I'm spoiled on Mass Effect and Dragon Age's dialogue options. Most of the time the good/bad options are actually decent person/dick. Little morally grey areas so far. Not that it really matters, I planned on going Light Side anyway.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: November 08, 2011, 10:26:09 PM »

Don't really want to make a new thread about this so I'll ask here. What's the difference between the "directors cut" and the European "Move edition" of Heavy Rain? From what I've read in the news post, there doesn't seem to be any difference at all.

This might help you to understand the deal with Heavy Rain.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: November 08, 2011, 11:00:40 PM »

Urge to buy Zero no Kiseki rising... must resist.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: November 08, 2011, 11:52:18 PM »

Don't really want to make a new thread about this so I'll ask here. What's the difference between the "directors cut" and the European "Move edition" of Heavy Rain? From what I've read in the news post, there doesn't seem to be any difference at all.

This might help you to understand the deal with Heavy Rain.

Which was the exact same thing covered last week. He already read it on here, he knows what's in the US edition. The European edition only seems to lack the DLC and other bonuses besides Move support. And if it does include those, amazon.co.uk doesn't mention it.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: November 08, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »

Does Heavy Rain only has one piece of DLC though? I thought that they were going to do more or that didn't work as expected?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 09, 2011, 12:00:34 AM »

Yes, just the one. They planned to do more but ditched them to work on Move support instead. I guess that was a highly-demanded feature, but I imagine it works well in a game like Heavy Rain anyway.

Not that I have Move to actually try it out, but I'll be getting the director's cut regardless. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: November 09, 2011, 01:21:47 AM »

Oh, for fuck's sake.

L.A. Noire spoilers:

Can't really blame you really, though it helps
Code:
a good chunk of those were jerks. Still, I'd have liked the murder cases to not ALL revolve around the same killer.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1824 on: November 09, 2011, 03:50:50 AM »

How good is your Japanese?  I have thought about it myself, but there is a ton of text in those games.  And it's not exactly light and fluffy text either.  Even though I have successfully played through (and mostly understood, even) a few RPGs in Japanese I just don't think my skills are on that level yet...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: November 09, 2011, 04:35:10 AM »

I'd personally test with the earlier Trails games. Unless you already played through them, then why the fuck not?

Oh wait, Vita updated re-release with voice overs. Yeah, that'd be a reason.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1826 on: November 09, 2011, 08:55:08 AM »

I bought the european move edition of heavy rain and it has evverything that is supposed to be in the director's cut. Everything.
I think it works great with move, it was supposed to be a motion control game all along, David Cage wanted to create a motion controller to be sold with the game (move didn't exist yet) but sony turned him down.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1827 on: November 09, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »

I'd wait till CrossSeeD gets around to it unless you plan on buying the localized version as well in order to support the continuing localization efforts.

Remember you ARE the main demographic outside of Japan. It's your duty to support localizations whenever and wherever you can so that we may all enjoy.

But if you're that willing to buy the same game twice then go ahead.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1828 on: November 09, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »

the dialog in earth defense force 2017 is absolutely golden

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1829 on: November 09, 2011, 01:13:52 PM »

I bought the european move edition of heavy rain and it has evverything that is supposed to be in the director's cut. Everything.

That's pretty much what I thought, and why I was asking if there actually is any difference. It seems like they just renamed the Move edition to "Directors Cut" for the NA release.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: