Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 10:35:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327554 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 387792 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2070 on: December 16, 2011, 07:00:04 AM »

At the capsule hotel thingie in Shanghai in Deus Ex and just got attacked.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2071 on: December 16, 2011, 10:37:17 AM »

Up to chapter 20 In Uncharted 3. Horseback riding! This game just keeps being incredibly random and insane. Most of the story elements make zero sense, but it's still been fun. Elena rocks.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2072 on: December 16, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »

Popped in Legend of Mana for the hell of it and after a little over 7 hours I can safely say it's kinda fun to waste a little time, not mind blowing but nice casual fun!

Everything's Eventual
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2073 on: December 16, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »

Code:
Beat Thor in Nocturne, Forgot to save, lost to Dante, rage quit

Nocturne is fun. All kinds of fun. Why aren't more games this much fun?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2074 on: December 16, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »

Finshed Assassin's Creed II, loved it. It's like they looked at everything that was wrong with the first game and fixed it, and then added a bunch of improvements on top of that. I'm kicking myself now for not having played it much earlier.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2075 on: December 16, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »

I'm almost done w/ LA Noire. I put it down for so long because IMHO it's a very polarizing game. I think by limiting everything to interrogation style conversations was a big mistake. With the actors and good dialog they should've had more organic conversations, like ME style or such.

Some of Cole's dialog is a bit out of place, when he gets excited and yells for no reason for example, and I hate the 1st part of the game. When you get to the Arson unit I think that's when the game really takes off.

One of the best OSTs ever though
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2076 on: December 16, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »

Bought God Hand and Vagrant Story last night.

God Hand is amazing, just amazing. I'm playing in Easy mode though since the game in Normal is pretty hardcore to start with. And Vagrant Story is making me feel stupid with the huge learning curve that it has, or at least that it seems to have. Either way, I'm pretty impressed by the amount of detail that the game has and it constantly reminds me of the first MGS which is always a good thing in my book.

So yeah, maybe I should put all my attention into Vagrant Story first since the story really got me hungry to see more, but I have to say one thing; The fact that Square Enix never did a remake for the PSP of this like Tactics Ogre is truly a shame and a huge missed opportunity in my opinion. I'm definitely not holding my breath to see a remake for the Vita at this point.

Oh, one thing that I wanted to ask for a while about Tactics Ogre for the PSP. I know that SE did some DLC for it, they did release it or not?
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2077 on: December 16, 2011, 04:53:49 PM »

Still slowly making my way through Skyward Sword. Just did the "love letter"/"toilet paper" side-quest. I like that it actually seems to have minor choice involved. Makes the perspective of a potential second play through just a tiny bit more interesting.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2078 on: December 16, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »

Added two gigs of ram to my desktop. Simcity 4 inexplicably working waaaaaaaay worse. WTF >:|

I hear Sim City 4 is a technical mess which is a shame because I really like the game.

Rented Saints Row the Third, or whatever the most recent one is.  Should be fun playing tonight.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2079 on: December 16, 2011, 10:26:14 PM »

Just watched the shuttle anime cut scene in Tales of Graces F.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 16, 2011, 11:01:48 PM »

Now Makarov, the character has been put together well as a nemesis and if you've lost the hate, play through "No more Russions"

'No Russian,' and I find it is hard to forget to hate him. Even when I killed Shepherd in MW2 I was like, BUT WHAT ABOUT MAKAROV?! As soon as he showed up in MW3, I wanted to end him.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2081 on: December 17, 2011, 04:43:30 AM »

Loved the end of LA Noire.

Very well done. Last 3-4 hours of that game are incredible.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2082 on: December 17, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »

lost to Dante

What. He's the easiest boss in the game and only has physical attacks. How...

I hear Sim City 4 is a technical mess which is a shame because I really like the game.

It's not, really. It requires a ton of RAM, for entirely legit reasons, but my issue is almost certainly driver related.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2083 on: December 17, 2011, 11:59:14 AM »

Beat Saints Row. It was a mess start to finish, but I felt compelled to beat it anyway. I think I'm going to finally go ahead and finish Mass Effect 2, and at some point pop in Assassin's Creed 2.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2084 on: December 17, 2011, 04:28:46 PM »

Just started the PC version of The Last Remnant, though I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to persevere with it. First impressions aren't great, Rush (the main character) appears to be a complete moron and there are way too many loading screens, it really breaks up the flow. Why was it necessary to split the cities into such tiny areas? Each area is really small with about 4 or 5 NPCs you can interact with.

At least switching to the Japanese language track has made Rush slightly more bearable now that I can't understand him. Please someone tell me that he develops into less of an idiot over the course of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: