Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329314 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 397145 times)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2085 on: December 17, 2011, 04:58:40 PM »

lost to Dante

What. He's the easiest boss in the game and only has physical attacks. How...

I really wasn't prepared right. Even an easy boss is still hard in SMT... for me... I suck at video games.

Restarted FFXIII on a whim in the middle of the night. I'm 3 hours in and just got the ability to level up my characters. This is where the game obviously started going wrong.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2086 on: December 17, 2011, 09:53:05 PM »

I may never play XIII and be totally okay with that.

Still meandering through Fallout. Now that finals are over I will probably get back into Chrono Trigger... I don't even remember where I am in that game.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2087 on: December 18, 2011, 04:08:57 AM »

I'm slowly learning how everything works in Vagrant Story, awesome game.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2088 on: December 18, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »

I'm slowly learning how everything works in Vagrant Story, awesome game.

I sold most of my PS1 collection, but that was one of the games I decided to keep. A truly great game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2089 on: December 18, 2011, 10:55:49 AM »

Still trying to get into The Last Remnant, but nothing is grabbing me about it other than the music, which seems wasted on this game. The battle system is sort of entertaining but somewhat confusing - I pick some options and stuff happens, it seems I don't have that much control over it. Like every other game made by the SaGa team it has that half-finished feel to it, I tried to like those games too but I never could.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2090 on: December 18, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »

I am truly a masochist. I decided to go straight to Saints Row 2. I have to say, it is 100x better. The respect system is still stupid in my opinion, but some of the activities have been refined, and it's a lot easier to build respect this time around. It's also nice that the main character actually talks, and that I could make a girl. Totally rocking one this time around and it's been fun. It also makes me a lot more interested in Saints Row 3 now, but that'll wait a while. If anything, I'm glad I played Saints Row 1 first just so that I could get all the references and things of that nature.
eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2091 on: December 18, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »

Still trying to get into The Last Remnant, but nothing is grabbing me about it other than the music, which seems wasted on this game. The battle system is sort of entertaining but somewhat confusing - I pick some options and stuff happens, it seems I don't have that much control over it. Like every other game made by the SaGa team it has that half-finished feel to it, I tried to like those games too but I never could.
Well, personally I really like The Last Remnant. But it is definitely a game where you need to take the time to learn it, especially the skill system and combat system. There are a lot of behind the scenes calculations you can do to influence the flow of combat but the game won't really teach you any of it. Note that it's been a while since I played it but if I remember correctly the formations, the skills/weapons/stats of the characters can affect the flow of combat (amongst others). You don't need to check guides or FAQS but it would help (especially later on, when you encounter these super difficult bosses).

Either way, the game focuses more on combat/skills/equipment/obtaining characters then story and character development (there are a couple of cool characters to find though but I wouldn't expect a ME type of character development from them).

On topic: I'm currently with my family so I don't have access to most of my computers so I just restarted Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS). According to my first save, I had finished 93% of it and was close to the top of the castle but it's been such a long time I figured, why not just restart it?

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2092 on: December 18, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »

Saints Row 3 is amazing.  The exploration and just random driving around isn't as fun as GTA imo, but everything else is better.  Tons of customization, tons of stuff to do, over the top gameplay/storyline. Really diggin' this game.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2093 on: December 18, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »

Saints Row 3 is amazing.  The exploration and just random driving around isn't as fun as GTA imo, but everything else is better.  Tons of customization, tons of stuff to do, over the top gameplay/storyline. Really diggin' this game.

:(
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2094 on: December 18, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »

Got Dynasty Warriors 5 on Saturday Friday. Did the first mission with Ma Chao. Game has capturable bases and more objectives on the maps than DW4 had which made me fuck up. Got all of the friendly AI generals killed very quickly, ran around like an idiot looking for rice balls, and barely killed the enemy general I was targeting before the bad dudes killed my own general.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2095 on: December 18, 2011, 06:25:34 PM »

The only game I played was play Starmongoose like a puppet
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2096 on: December 18, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »

Yoda's high again.

Pay him no mind, I know I don't.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2097 on: December 18, 2011, 06:48:02 PM »

I wish you had legs like that
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2098 on: December 18, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »

I bought Fusion: Genesis over XBL on the weekend and I'm hooked but I'm not sure why...

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2099 on: December 19, 2011, 12:57:02 AM »

An hour of Dark souls = many hours of dark souls, I look forward to this. Saints Row 3,,,, Meh?
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: