Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:52:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341140 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 455110 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: December 19, 2011, 01:23:21 AM »

I fired up Red Dead Redemption a few days ago after I swore off Skyrim.  This is one of those games I'd love to experience fresh again, without knowledge of what's coming.  About to head to Mexico!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: December 19, 2011, 01:31:10 AM »

Every battle in Vagrant Story feels like a boss battle, and the battle system is pretty convoluted but somehow it works fine but is rather slow which can get pretty annoying from time to time.

Though, like I said before this game reeeally needs a remake. Seriously SE, make it happen!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: December 19, 2011, 02:32:14 AM »

As awesome as I think most of Dead Rising 2 is there are a few things that make that game a little frustrating. I got a message about survivors in a area and went to go get them. Well it took FOREVER to get there. I hate when games add objectives to areas you haven't been to or even near yet.

Also when you get a text that says URGENT and you check it, only the game doesn't pause and then you die. I'm not a big fan of all the time restraints as well. I love taking my sweet ass time exploring.
RPGMetalFan
Just a geek.

Game over, moonpie.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: December 19, 2011, 04:58:56 AM »

Rocking Grandia, just picked up Gadwin, and about to spend the next few hours doing some much needed magic-grinding.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: December 19, 2011, 09:31:08 AM »

As awesome as I think most of Dead Rising 2 is there are a few things that make that game a little frustrating. I got a message about survivors in a area and went to go get them. Well it took FOREVER to get there. I hate when games add objectives to areas you haven't been to or even near yet.

Also when you get a text that says URGENT and you check it, only the game doesn't pause and then you die. I'm not a big fan of all the time restraints as well. I love taking my sweet ass time exploring.

That summed up the reasons I stopped playing that game.

Everything's Eventual
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2105 on: December 19, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »

Beat Mass Effect 2 for a second time with my Renegade Female Shep on Insanity. Playing on that difficulty was a learning experience, and caused me to raise my voice and say some not-so-polite things. Also, Vanguard's Charge Special Skill was pretty useless on the difficulty, since taking fire for more than a few seconds is death.

Dunno what to play next. Been reading Higurashi, so maybe I'll work on this next chapter I'm on. Also got Dark Souls for my B-day, so maybe I'll play a little more of that. I only played enough to know that I am terrible at acting defensively.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2106 on: December 19, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »

Yoda's high again.

Pay him no mind, I know I don't.

That's a serious man hand there.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2107 on: December 19, 2011, 08:06:55 PM »

Yoda's high again.

Pay him no mind, I know I don't.

That's a serious man hand there.

Man, remember Shenmue? People had HUGE motherfuckin' hands in that game.

Anyway, ^5 at the dude playing Grandia. I liked G1 a lot more than 2. G2 would NEVER SHUT UP.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2108 on: December 19, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »

as much as i enjoyed grandia 1 & 2's battle system... it ends there.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2109 on: December 19, 2011, 08:47:51 PM »

I didn't realize this, but they made Dead Rising 2 Off the Record with Frank West instead and there are no time constraints.  I'm kind of interested now, but regular DR 1 and 2 are cheap too now a days.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
RPGMetalFan
Just a geek.

Game over, moonpie.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2110 on: December 20, 2011, 12:02:37 AM »

Anyway, ^5 at the dude playing Grandia. I liked G1 a lot more than 2. G2 would NEVER SHUT UP.

It does rock. The first one, anyway. Haven't played this game in about 10 years, but it's still awesome. I don't remember much of the second one, save for horrible slowdown and the not quite infrequent graphical glitch. I do remember it was still pretty fun.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2111 on: December 20, 2011, 01:32:11 AM »

Beat Mass Effect 2 for a second time with my Renegade Female Shep on Insanity. Playing on that difficulty was a learning experience, and caused me to raise my voice and say some not-so-polite things. Also, Vanguard's Charge Special Skill was pretty useless on the difficulty, since taking fire for more than a few seconds is death.

Dunno what to play next. Been reading Higurashi, so maybe I'll work on this next chapter I'm on. Also got Dark Souls for my B-day, so maybe I'll play a little more of that. I only played enough to know that I am terrible at acting defensively.

(Heavy) Charge isn't all useless on Insanity. It'll knock back your enemy and give you time to melee/unload your shotgun on the poor soul/look for cover/charge again. But yes, it is one of the most challenging classes to play on higher difficulties.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2112 on: December 20, 2011, 12:56:45 PM »

(Heavy) Charge isn't all useless on Insanity. It'll knock back your enemy and give you time to melee/unload your shotgun on the poor soul/look for cover/charge again. But yes, it is one of the most challenging classes to play on higher difficulties.

You're right, it did get more useful later in the game when my shield and health were high enough to withstand being away from cover. When I got surrounded by husks or varren, it helped create an escape route. It also makes it really easy to get the Tactician achievement, since you can just have someone use pull or throw and then charge them.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2113 on: December 20, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »

Stopped skyrim for the time being since it's getting a little boring. Started SR3 which is straight up fun, Have never played Sr1 or 2 for very long though that doesn't seem to matter.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2114 on: December 21, 2011, 01:38:57 AM »

Got SS. Liking it, but I'm having the hardest time making my Loftwing gain altitude. Gave up on the race. I'll figure it out later.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: