Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:07:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327445 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 386620 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: January 03, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »

I borderline fucking hate Catherine...there..I said it..on the last stage on the last day and I cannot seem to fucking get it

Everything's Eventual
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2191 on: January 03, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »

I borderline fucking hate Catherine...there..I said it..on the last stage on the last day and I cannot seem to fucking get it

Are you playing on Normal? Easy or what difficulty?
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: January 03, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »

Normal, it's just so damn frustrating at times. Normally I have a sense of accomplishment and pride after tough levels, and it has happened here a couple of times but mostly it's annoyance and relief that the damn level is over.

Everything's Eventual
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: January 03, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »

Ah, I see. I played the game on easy and finished on two nights playing long sessions, even on easy the game can get stressing at times. Though, is pretty amazing that the Rapunzel game is harder.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: January 03, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »

That and the last stage is full of completely random instant game over bullshit.
I think it took me around 50 lives to complete it.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2195 on: January 03, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »

100% AGREED! On the flip side I simply adore Legend of Mana, what a fun little game! I'm almost done I think, completed 51 missions now.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: January 03, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »

Playing Twilight Princess even though I should probably be playing newer and unbeaten games.  But, eh, what's fun is fun.

Goddamn this game is pretty.  There is no cooler looking place than when you're doing that stupid howling shit and you see the "Hyrule landmarks" poking above the clouds.  I want another one to look like this.  As much as I admire the change of art direction over the titles, I think Nintendo hit their prime and hit their stride with this.

Legend of Mana is one of those games made amazing by almost everything other than gameplay. :O

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: January 03, 2012, 08:02:23 PM »

I used to play LoM on hard mode and it was really obnoxious so then I tried it on regular mode again and while it's more or less impossible to die it's not really annoying.

Also it kind of has my favorite narrative stuff from any Square game.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: January 03, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »

Playing Twilight Princess even though I should probably be playing newer and unbeaten games.  But, eh, what's fun is fun.

Goddamn this game is pretty.  There is no cooler looking place than when you're doing that stupid howling shit and you see the "Hyrule landmarks" poking above the clouds.  I want another one to look like this.  As much as I admire the change of art direction over the titles, I think Nintendo hit their prime and hit their stride with this.

Legend of Mana is one of those games made amazing by almost everything other than gameplay. :O

Good to hear something positive about TP, i've got the NGC version and haven't played it for more then an hour. Might Just grab it for my next game to complete. Agreed with LOM, if there's 1 snes title i'd love to see a 3d remake of, this would be it. 1st snes rpg I played and the Mode 7 was amazing for a 16bit console.

Playing SR3, haven't had this much stupid fun for ages
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2199 on: January 03, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »

LoM is a PSX game.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2200 on: January 03, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »

Good to hear something positive about TP, i've got the NGC version and haven't played it for more then an hour. Might Just grab it for my next game to complete. Agreed with LOM, if there's 1 snes title i'd love to see a 3d remake of, this would be it. 1st snes rpg I played and the Mode 7 was amazing for a 16bit console.

Playing SR3, haven't had this much stupid fun for ages

For the same reason as Legend of Mana, Twilight Princess is my favorite game in the series, especially aesthetically-speaking (I'm an art student, it matters, so sue me).  I found the game very creative in it's dungeons as well, much more than Skyward Sword for reasons I just said in the SSword thread.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2201 on: January 03, 2012, 10:04:43 PM »

I never got into the 2D Zelda dungeons much because they tended to be very samey. I am a bad gamer.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2202 on: January 03, 2012, 11:51:48 PM »

LoM is a PSX game.

I yeah, thinking of SOM
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2203 on: January 04, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »

100% agree. TP was a beautiful game. My son just finished playing the gamecube version on our Wii, and I was surprised at how good the game still looks after 5 or so years. Plus, I just loved the general look and feel of TP more than other Zelda games. Kinda like playing the Dark world side of Link to the Past, but for a whole game.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2204 on: January 04, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »

For the same reason as Legend of Mana, Twilight Princess is my favorite game in the series, especially aesthetically-speaking (I'm an art student, it matters, so sue me).  I found the game very creative in it's dungeons as well, much more than Skyward Sword for reasons I just said in the SSword thread.

Aesthetics, being an artist myself, sway me more then anything else in a game to be honest.... heck, I even tried playing through Agarest Wars Zero just for the character art....

TP is totally a title that slipped by me... well to be honest most the Zelda franchise did after A Link to the Past.... not that I wasn't a fan of the 2-d stuff enough to keep me on-board with the titles, I just always have found myself prioritizing other games over Zelda throughout the years... and I'm not proud of it.... Based on all the TP and Skyward sword praise though, I think I should consider catching up on those...

For the time being though as of late, I am way occupied with Xenoblade (speaking of beautiful) and finally getting to the Wild Arms Series.... Altar Code F is blast for me so far BTW.... Re-make done right if you ask me....

And as for all the "Mana" comments, well, all I can say is as far as re-makes, aesthetics and everything else is concerned... Seiken Densetsu 3 was like a wet dream to me... If that ever got re-done and re-released over-seas I would actually become a qualified square-enix fan again...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:15:22 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: