Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 01:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334642 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 424949 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2205 on: January 04, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »

Altar Code F is blast for me so far BTW.... Re-make done right if you ask me....

It's actually pretty terrible once you get further in. Most of the towns are half as large as they were originally, half of the spells were taken out, the dialogue outright breaks at certain points (NPCs print garbage text, literally), most of the Force Powers were removed, and the main addition was a few new characters, none of which you can use consistently until the final dungeon.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2206 on: January 04, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »

Altar Code F is blast for me so far BTW.... Re-make done right if you ask me....

It's actually pretty terrible once you get further in. Most of the towns are half as large as they were originally, half of the spells were taken out, the dialogue outright breaks at certain points (NPCs print garbage text, literally), most of the Force Powers were removed, and the main addition was a few new characters, none of which you can use consistently until the final dungeon.

Yeah, I'm on that.  The only improvement was the artwork and maybe *some* of the music. 
The graphics.... what the hell happened?  Even for PS2 they were bad.  It's nice to see that WA4 & 5 eventually turned out some of the better PS2 graphics you could find.... mostly at the cost of a palatable story (which turned into platitudinous dross.

More Twilight Princess
Just saw the pretty "lol" moment..  Nice creative twist to the post-boss bit.

Arbiter's Grounds was hella confusing at times, and got stuck quite a bit.  However, the Spinner, the Arbiter boss, and the Ball & Chain in Snowpeak are probably some of the more badass additions to items as the Zelda series knows it.  It's a freaking BALL AND CHAIN!!  I love how it fucks EVERYTHING up in Snowpeak (a kind of tough dungeon, the non-stop freezing by enemies and the fact no hearts drop will probably make it one of the hardest 3-Hearts-Only dungeon runs).  And I love how it isn't a "proper" dungeon either.  The developers must have had fun.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2207 on: January 04, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »

Still slowly plugging away at the games I got for Christmas.  I've played Skyward Sword the most since I last posted here, not that that's saying a lot.  Not particularly fond of going to a brown area (the desert) straight after another brown area (the volcano).  I thought for sure a water themed area would be next.

Besides those games, I've been playing yet another character in Skyrim.  This time around I'm using cheat codes to spam dragon shouts without pause and making weapons with enchants that should not even exist.  Now I can use Unrelenting Force to knock an enemy away from and then shoot it with a bow...a bow that also uses Unrelenting Force. :P

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2208 on: January 05, 2012, 01:14:07 AM »

games I got for Christmas

Shit lets list all the everything we bought from various web sales.

I'll start and then I got bored so I won't.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2209 on: January 05, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »

PSX version of Rayman 2 was the worst whereas PS2 version is considered definitive, IIRC. Which version is it?

Its the PSX version, I'm nearly done with it too. Rather easy and fairly short thought getting all 800 lums (or whatever they call them) might prove to be a little more tricky.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2210 on: January 05, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »

the main addition was a few new characters, none of which you can use consistently until the final dungeon.

That is a real bummer.... I sort of wish I didn't know that....

It's nice to see that WA4 & 5 eventually turned out some of the better PS2 graphics you could find.... mostly at the cost of a palatable story (which turned into platitudinous dross.

So on that note, would you suggest skipped out on playing through 2 and 3 and hopping straight into 4 or 5.... I was gonna go chronologically and squeeze XF in there somewhere, but maybe I'll reconsider... Also any oppinions on XF?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2211 on: January 05, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »

Four tried to grey things out a bit, and has one of the most "down to earth" endings I've seen in a jRPG. I just couldn't stand all the "you adults" "you kids" talk. I get what they ware trying to do, but it just got on my nerves after a while. Other than that four was awesome, with a ton of stuff to find, and a great battle system though the "XP reset" monsters ware a real pain during late game.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2212 on: January 05, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »

WA2 & 3 are worth playing for the puzzles, the combat and story are nothing special but like Dice said, they're palatable. The only challenge in those two games is from the puzzles, otherwise they're on the laughable side of easy, if you like Zelda-style dungeons they should be enjoyable though. WA2's translation is a complete mess too, often verging on incomprehensible - at times it sounds like it's been put through machine translation with no regard for context at all.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2213 on: January 05, 2012, 07:49:25 PM »

Rather easy and fairly short thought getting all 800 lums (or whatever they call them) might prove to be a little more tricky.

See the other versions had 999 lums.

Anyway I made some very slight progress in Ishar. There's some spirit bitch in some birches i need to find or something.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2214 on: January 05, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »

Finished Legend of Mana, so much "fluff" fun, so decided to play another PSX game...Final Fantasy VIII was the choice and @9 hrs into it I am seriously impressed!!! Still playing through Devil Survivor, about half through, really challenging and fun game. And 2 hours into El Shaddai, what an awesome looking game, the demo did NOT do it justice!

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2215 on: January 05, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »

Final Fantasy VIII was the choice and @9 hrs into it I am seriously impressed!!!

It gets really dumb once you hit disc 2.

I played a bit of the first mission of Commandos. My disappointment with CoH led me to other WW2 game. Also gonna play some Close Combat 2 maybe.

Anyway, list of stuff I bought from various holiday sales:

Steam:

Company of Heroes

Gamersgate:

Silmarils Collection
Commandos Pack
Raptor: Call of the Shadows
EU3: Heir to the Throne

GOG:

The Incredible Machine Pack
The Last Express
Knights and Merchants
Call to Power 2
Crusader: No Remorse
Starflight 1+2
Lands of Lore 1+2
Zork Nemesis
Rise of the Triad
Age of Wonders
little Big Adventure 2
Journeyman Project 2
Psychonauts

Matrix Games:

Distant Worlds

Half Price Books:

Kohan 2

Conclusion: I have attention deficit disorder. YAYS!

o/` I do not dream o/`

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2216 on: January 05, 2012, 11:30:32 PM »

That's why you don't want to travel! Because you have 2343240932 games to play.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2217 on: January 06, 2012, 02:05:31 AM »

Tried Oblivion again to compare it to Fallout 3. I hate it, but the game keeps drawing me back. Why do I do this to myself?

Got my first companion in Fallout 3 after 27 hours. Charon's a pretty cool guy
Code:
but that whole killing his employer thing was really shocking. It also seems like I did it a quest too early and may not be able to complete it if I get it.

Started up Fire Emblem again. It's hard to multi-task the way it asks me to, but I like it. Not sure why I stopped. Maybe I didn't like not being able to repeat maps or something?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2218 on: January 06, 2012, 02:22:50 AM »

The only companion I ever came across in Fallout 3 was Fawkes. I loved that big green booger.

I'm playing Alan Wake. Its pretty neat, beautiful graphics.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 06, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »

Mass Effect. Just as the Citadel got boring, they made me a Spectre. And Garrus finally joined up. Now I can hunt down Saren's ugly ass.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: