Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 07:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340923 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 453032 times)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2265 on: January 11, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »

Bought Arkham Asylum over the weekend and beat it yesterday. Excellent game. I was going for platinum, but don't feel like doing all the combat challenges, especially when I have so many other games to play.

I also picked up Bioshock which I've never played, but currently on a winning streak with Battlefield 3!
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2266 on: January 11, 2012, 01:20:31 PM »

FF13-2 Demo (yup, gaming is that timely for me right now).

I liked it, but stopped myself in half an hour realizing I'd have to do everything I did over again.

I'm am so, so excited for the lineup coming around Summer time. 
My Summer: sleep, work, sleep, sleep, work, GAAMINNG (yelling at interrupters), and summer-school.

I feel like an idiot I played through it like 3 times. Once on 360, and twice on PS3 loved the hell out of it. First thought was OMG it's like FFXIII, but it's an RPG.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2267 on: January 11, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »

So I thought I would finish my Star Ocean First Departure playthrough before tackling the last leg of Xenoblade and getting back on the Wild Arms-kick I've been on.... And I gotta say... this game freakin' sucks.... I forget who told me it was pretty weak or on which thread it was (though I think it may have been Dice over in the single-player board) but I gotta say they were absolutely right.... I still think I ought to finish it because I'm neurotic like that and what seems to be close to the end, but I care less and less about it the more I play it....

FF13-2 Demo (yup, gaming is that timely for me right now).

I liked it, but stopped myself in half an hour realizing I'd have to do everything I did over again.

I'm am so, so excited for the lineup coming around Summer time. 
My Summer: sleep, work, sleep, sleep, work, GAAMINNG (yelling at interrupters), and summer-school.

I feel like an idiot I played through it like 3 times. Once on 360, and twice on PS3 loved the hell out of it. First thought was OMG it's like FFXIII, but it's an RPG.

Lovely to hear good stuff about ff13! Now can I finish Star Ocean, Xenoblade and Alter Code F before thats released.... so many games.... so little time

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: January 11, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »

I agree with your thought's there, though i'm not sure how many think it was an improvement. Frankly, i'm not a bioware fan but enjoyed ME1 enough for me to get ME3 with the risk of $90. You know, Really it was DA that ruined my appetite

I've heard ME2 called an improvement a lot. Battles went better for me in 2, but I was a soldier and now I'm a vanguard. Which i still love, but I miss being trained in every weapon.

Planet scanning isnt so bad if you don't go for every last mineral ever. Go for the eezo, pick up enough of the others along the way and you'll still afford every upgrade ever.

Hammerhead still sucks compared to Mako. I love that you can scale right up a mountain in the latter.

PS. I turned down Liara. That bitch moves way too fast for my tastes. I guess I'll romance Kaidan, because I want him and Garrus to fight over me in ME3. Yes, that's the only reason I'm romancing anyone in ME1, so Garrus can be all 'neener.'
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:41:58 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2269 on: January 11, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »

If you're in a demo mood don't overlook Asura's Wrath. I just played it. At first I was like: "man GOW3 makes this looks like a PS2 game." But then I got caught up in how ridiculously silly it is and loved it!

Ill probably get it when it's 30 or so and play through it w/ a bud.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2270 on: January 11, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »

If you're in a demo mood don't overlook Asura's Wrath. I just played it. At first I was like: "man GOW3 makes this looks like a PS2 game." But then I got caught up in how ridiculously silly it is and loved it!

Ill probably get it when it's 30 or so and play through it w/ a bud.

I loved it and hated it for being WTFuck-just-happened retarded.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2271 on: January 11, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »

Mission 3 in Commandos.

Level 3 in Rise of the Triad.

Not really sure what else I've been doing.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2272 on: January 12, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »

just beat Alan Wake.

lurved it

Probably onto ICO now.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:18:21 AM by Yoda » Logged
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2273 on: January 12, 2012, 08:35:06 PM »

Dark Souls, It is true when it says "you will die". Started playing this last night, haven't read the manual or any literature and of course died. Made it to the 1st Merchant, the one that like's saying hehehehehehehehe. After relaxing for about 20 minutes, I got into it and finally a challenge in modern gaming.

Also turned on the ps3 to make sure it still worked, noticed I had cred on my American account and bought PsOne classics Xenogears and Wild Arms.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2274 on: January 12, 2012, 08:54:38 PM »

L.A. Noire: why does almost every street crime have to be on the opposite side the city to the current destination? It's annoying having to drive for 5 minutes every time to get to one. I think I'd have preferred it if the map was much smaller, enough room for car chases but less wasted space. At least you can skip driving to story destinations, but you still have to drive to street crimes.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2275 on: January 12, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »

L.A. Noire: why does almost every street crime have to be on the opposite side the city to the current destination? It's annoying having to drive for 5 minutes every time to get to one. I think I'd have preferred it if the map was much smaller, enough room for car chases but less wasted space. At least you can skip driving to story destinations, but you still have to drive to street crimes.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2276 on: January 12, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »

Finished the First flame upgrade in Skyward sword.  Interesting, but didn't care for the dungeon.  I am glad the dungeons are shorter.

Finished all the activities and shit in Saints Row 3.  Nothing else to do except the main mission now.  Gonna finish the game and move on to some PC gaming soon hopefully.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2277 on: January 13, 2012, 12:55:12 AM »

Agree with this, though I think RS wanted us to look at the detailed scenery. There's no doubt that it's a good looking game.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2278 on: January 13, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »

Just got the Magic Flask in Ishar. Also can get the rune tablet now although I didn't save after getting it to conserve moneys. Not really sure what to do next. Head back to Oshigorod and heal up I guess. There's a dwarf that wants to join me in... whatever sector is east of Rhudovagast or w/e it's called.

Also up to level 4 in Rise of the Triad. Level 3 was huge and not particularly linear. It was not fully explored. I keep forgetting I'm not playing this in some modern fan remade engine because of how goddamn smooth it is. You weren't SUPPOSED to get that kind of speed and silkiness in 1995.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:16:51 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2279 on: January 13, 2012, 07:05:49 AM »

I think I might start AC Revelations this weekend. I gotta get the hell away from TOR, it's taking over my life.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: