Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319801 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 362043 times)
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2295 on: January 14, 2012, 12:22:41 AM »

I just played the worst 3 games of League of Legend where I sucked so hard, but still won all 3.
Hurray team!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2296 on: January 14, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »

Commandos: HOW DO I MAKE THIEF STEAL SHIRTS.

Ishar: Got the rune plate, saw some weird knight in a hedgemaze on the way back to Lotharian, discovered he wasn't friendly. Ran back to lotharian while being attacked by wolfmen. Saved. One of the party members ditched. Reloaded, moved all of his shit to Kyrian and my main dude, and healed up. He ditched again. Went back to... that eastern province that invokes a copyright check and picked up a friendly-looking dwarf named Fragorn. Went back to that knight. Unknown killed him with MAGIC MISSLE. Took his helmet + golds. Found some house in Oshigrod after killing a bunch of wolfmans. Told me to use the visor to see the invisible lizard man in Fimnuirh forest. DId that. Killed it. Got fire rings. Saved.

Candace out, peace.

RoTT: Still on level 4. My directx wasn't loading right and I couldn't go fullscreen. Also I think running comm-bat reset my save? W/e. I wish this was still playable online. Deathmatch in this seems zukcing fonkers.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2297 on: January 14, 2012, 01:28:09 AM »

I like Ico, It's basically a game about being a polite gentleman.

"Here, let me help you up that box"

"After you, shimmering white lady"

"Here, let me swat that furry looking darkspawn off of you"

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: January 14, 2012, 04:42:31 AM »

Did a lot of shit in Mass Effect. The Geth (not Reaper wtf) outposts took a while and then I did Bring Down The Sky.

Shepard hates Batarians and was called a terrorist.

Sold tons more shit and got Spectre weapons. Sweeeeet.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:03:48 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2299 on: January 14, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »

I like Ico, It's basically a game about being a polite gentleman.

"Here, let me help you up that box"

"After you, shimmering white lady"

"Here, let me swat that furry looking darkspawn off of you"

Your version ^

My version: "She better be f**king grateful and put out or some sh!t"

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2300 on: January 14, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »

I have a feeling Mr. Nice Guy doesn't get any strange at the end of Ico.

Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2301 on: January 14, 2012, 05:15:23 PM »

ARGH!!! JUST WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER!!!!..... I've been muddling through what I thought to be the last few hours of Star Ocean First Departure, just to finish it since I've already invested the time I have and what do I come to discover....????
Code:
After beating Asmodeus, and watching some terrible dialogue I am now thrust into yet another "save the friend" scenario with my still uninspiring band of under-developed-losers on another visually putrid planet.....
This sucks.... and all I can say is it better not take too long..... my patience is wearing thin..... really want to get back to Xenoblade and Wild Arms ACF....
ACF may very well be horribly flawed but at least that is fun by way of puzzles and gameplay and whatnot.... this star ocean title is putrid..... I don't know how people enjoy to the same degree/compare it to the 2nd...... I wish I played the SNES version, as this PSP incarnation has seriously dropped the value of the franchise in my eyes... And this is coming from someone who loved "Til the End of Time"....

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2302 on: January 14, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »

Started playing Aselia. Not to RPG part yet. There's something weird with the way Kotori's mouth is drawn. Also, there's something a bit off about the way Misaki looks. Kyouko and Kaori's designs are pretty clean though.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2303 on: January 14, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »

Found some mod for PS3 that doubles EXP/Mesata gain while making monster harder to offset the obvious benefits. Game is a looot better with this on so far. Just finished the Island Cave. You still run the risk of dying but there's no grind required.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2304 on: January 14, 2012, 10:08:39 PM »

ARGH!!! JUST WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER!!!!..... I've been muddling through what I thought to be the last few hours of Star Ocean First Departure, just to finish it since I've already invested the time I have and what do I come to discover....????
Code:
After beating Asmodeus, and watching some terrible dialogue I am now thrust into yet another "save the friend" scenario with my still uninspiring band of under-developed-losers on another visually putrid planet.....

What I hate the most is, ESPECIALLY for it's time, the original SNES version did waaay more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mbAg68xjU&feature=player_detailpage#t=79s
Look at Mt. Metox.  On PSP it's BROWN.  It's a mountain of mud.  But here, it's flourishing.  There was no generic, makeshift, world map implemented between areas either.  The video before shows it, it's way prettier to walk between areas, fauna and flora are everywhere, and so do old columns and streams.  It's a much better experience.  And at least back then there was a more understandable lack of character development, it didn't really happen often then.  But now?  There's no excuse.  I'd love to play a remake that tries to build on it's story or characters if possible.

I think one thing that started the downward decent was the CLEAR copy and redraw of Rena (SO2) > Millie (SO1)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: January 14, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »

Mass Effect. Feros is giving me a headache.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2306 on: January 14, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »

Bought El Shaddai, Shadows of the Damned and downloaded the FFXIII-2 Demo. Should be fun.
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2307 on: January 15, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »

Code:

What I hate the most is, ESPECIALLY for it's time, the original SNES version did waaay more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mbAg68xjU&feature=player_detailpage#t=79s
Look at Mt. Metox.  On PSP it's BROWN.  It's a mountain of mud.  But here, it's flourishing.  There was no generic, makeshift, world map implemented between areas either.  The video before shows it, it's way prettier to walk between areas, fauna and flora are everywhere, and so do old columns and streams.  It's a much better experience.  And at least back then there was a more understandable lack of character development, it didn't really happen often then.  But now?  There's no excuse.  I'd love to play a remake that tries to build on it's story or characters if possible.

I think one thing that started the downward decent was the CLEAR copy and redraw of Rena (SO2) > Millie (SO1)

Wow your not kidding on the Millie thing.... what a rip.... I can't believe I poured this much time into this incarnation when now, upon looking into it, the SNES version looks to really have been leagues better.... Well that'll learn me... Then again I am still playing Wild Arms Altar Code F, so maybe I haven't learned my lesson yet-LoL... But in ACF's defense I am truly enjoying it, and I have already experienced the original so I guess its not quite the same scenario...

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: January 15, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »

Mass Effect, Noveria. Finished Feros by killing the Thorian, and saving Shiala + all the colonists except one. I actually have a chunk of blue in my Paragon bar now, but somehow STILL managed to get +27 Renegade. Noveria - got to Benezia and died, turns out I hadn't saved in a while. FUCK.

Still trying to romance Kaidan.

I wish there was Spectre armour.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2309 on: January 15, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »

Did the first two levels in Raptor: Call of the Shadow. Nice. sort-of-RPGish shmup ala Tyrian. Similar flavor to One Must Fall: 2097.

Also up to Aquaria or w/e in Phantasy Star 3. Mod I'm playing makes it really fun.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: