Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:13:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327451 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 386759 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: January 19, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »

I actually wanted him to live. I didn't choose the Intimidate option because I was told it'd kill him. Turns out it doesn't. Damn.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2341 on: January 19, 2012, 12:32:27 PM »

Thank you guys for all the wonderful advice on the previous page! I think I'm gonna listen and go with Y's 7 and Knights in the Nightmare first..... Although there was 2 titles I forgot to mention on the list that are irking me a bit as well..... The re-release of valkyrie profile for the psp and ar tonelico 3...I know the sentiment toward AT3 was bad but I gotta see for myself (I poured too much time into the first 2 to not at least entertain it).....

For anyone who noticed my whining about Star Ocean the last few days..... I'VE BEATEN IT!!!! Hahahahaha! Glad to lay this one to rest.... back to Alter Code F and Xenoblade for me now....

I'm torn on what PSP title and PS3 title to entertain next though.... I've narrowed the PSP selection to Blazing Souls, Wild Arms XF, Y's 7, or Knights in the Nightmare,.... as for PS3, I still have to get to Star Ocean 4 (I know..... I know... but I need to see for myself....) Resonance of Fate, both Atelier titles, Rune Factory, Hyperdimension Neptunia and White Knight Chronicles..... Soooo out of those little lists any suggestions?

Resonance of Fate and Atelier Totori.I wouldn't recommend the rest

Hell, they'd probably be especially bad after Xenoblade, it really may be the best console JRPG this generation.

Totally having this problem with everything I play as of late.... LoL... I don't think I would have hated Star Ocean near as much if I didn't have 70 hours in Xeno already...... And now its starting to kill the Wild Arms ACF experience for me as well..... maybe I should finish Xeno BEFORE my other playthrough's before I start to think earthbound sucked too...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2342 on: January 19, 2012, 12:42:56 PM »

I am starting to think Devil Survivor is...I wouldn't say too hard but certainly it appears you are at a disadvantage in almost every boss battle. The enemies heal up constantly, they seem to take off much more damage than you do to them and they bend the rules, c'mon, how can they guard when they are frozen/paralyzed, oh yeah, attacking from more than one block away and diagonal, and they seem to pretty much always get the first attacks. Oh well, perhaps I just suck, but I'm at the end of day 3 and fighting (if you wanna call it that) the Beldr character...seriously annoying. I'm not giving up....yet....but damn.

Everything's Eventual
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2343 on: January 19, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »

I bought SMT I.F on the Japanese PSN. I've always wanted to finish this game but my disc is in terrible condition. From what i've played, it seemed to be the pre persona persona. I went there to buy Tecmo's Deception 3 Dark Delusion
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2344 on: January 19, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »

My son is playing Pokemon Black, and keeps on trying to talk to me about the game. I completely and utterly do not give any kind of shit about Pokemon, so it's kind of like torture. Heck, I even told him that I really don't want to hear about the game, but he just keeps on talking. I never have, and never will, get the Pokemon thing. Same with any other monster collecting type game/show/card game/toaster. Ugh. The trials and tribulations of being a gamer Dad with a gamer kid.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:15:44 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2345 on: January 19, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »

I feel your pain, took me @ 2 yrs to convince my son to try any game other than a FPS, he actually thought at one point in time COD was the end all be all to gaming. Incredibly enough Xenosaga is what showed him there could be more to a game than aim, shoot, reload, repeat. Now he's still a FPS fan, but he plays those in spurts, he's become a "genuine" JRPG freak, lol

Everything's Eventual
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2346 on: January 19, 2012, 10:56:18 PM »

I bought SMT I.F on the Japanese PSN. I've always wanted to finish this game but my disc is in terrible condition. From what i've played, it seemed to be the pre persona persona.

It is said that SMT: if... was the reason why Persona was made. I also remember seeing a bunch of times a video of a DVD that I think it came as a pre-order bonus (only in Japan, as always) that at one point showed some sort of timeline of the series, and SMT: if... connected the Shin Megami Tensei universe with Persona.

I have no idea if Atlus nowadays keeps that timeline as something official given the fact how much the series has changed since Persona 3, but it was very interesting to see that they did a timeline at one point. This DVD I guess it was released in 2003 and I doubt I can find the video again.

...I don't even know how I found the website in the first place.

Edit: Well that was random. Did a quick search for this special DVD and last year someone uploaded all the videos to YouTube.

Making of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (5 parts)
Shin Megami Tensei History Featurette (3 parts)

Both series of videos have never been translated.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:11:47 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 19, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »

Totally having this problem with everything I play as of late.... LoL... I don't think I would have hated Star Ocean near as much if I didn't have 70 hours in Xeno already...... And now its starting to kill the Wild Arms ACF experience for me as well..... maybe I should finish Xeno BEFORE my other playthrough's before I start to think earthbound sucked too...

That, and Xenoblade has story telling that's more on par with what we saw (or perhaps what we remember) games like FFVI having, entertaining and not offensively obnoxious. I don't think Earthbound would be hit badly myself in that regard, but any Star Ocean definitely would, and I recall Wild Arms ACF not being particularly well liked so that'd be hit too. Yeah, I'd just polish off Xenoblade, at worst you wouldn't be reminding yourself of how much better that can be again and again.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2348 on: January 19, 2012, 11:29:05 PM »

I hate Kaiden, always complaining about his biotics hurting him because they're old and going boohoohoo woe is me.
Maybe I misunderstood the character, but now, whenever I see him, that's what I think.

I kill Kaiden for the sins of his father.  That father being the original Bioware sad sack of tears and lamentation, Carth from KOTOR.  When I first played Mass Effect and heard Carth's voice coming out of Kaiden's mouth and saying some eerily similar shit, I knew we weren't gonna get along. :P

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2349 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:30 AM »

I feel your pain, took me @ 2 yrs to convince my son to try any game other than a FPS, he actually thought at one point in time COD was the end all be all to gaming. Incredibly enough Xenosaga is what showed him there could be more to a game than aim, shoot, reload, repeat. Now he's still a FPS fan, but he plays those in spurts, he's become a "genuine" JRPG freak, lol
Bytor, I can't help but ask. How old is your son(and you, I guess)? Mine is 10(11 next month) and I wouldn't let him anywhere near COD for another 5 years or so. I thought you were about the same age as me, if not a tad older. I don't mean to second guess you're parenting decisions, but I guess that's exactly what I'm doing.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2350 on: January 20, 2012, 02:39:12 AM »

I just beat Rage and holy hell that has to be one of the most abrupt conclusions to a game. It's basically like when you're writing a big paper and when you finally get to the end you do the ultimate job of half-assing. That's basically what Id did. Such a mixed bag, this game is. Finally a shooter w/ awesome gameplay mechanics and a beautiful world... but a story that ... doesn't exist for the most part. Your involvement is helping random people, basically the 3 leaders of various settlements. Then all of a sudden you're in the resistance and storm the capital city and end game.

It's a fun game, with some decent minigames and cart racing, but I'm glad I got this on the cheap.

Year total so far: alan wake, ico, rage.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2351 on: January 20, 2012, 08:27:49 AM »

I just beat Rage and holy hell that has to be one of the most abrupt conclusions to a game. It's basically like when you're writing a big paper and when you finally get to the end you do the ultimate job of half-assing. That's basically what Id did. Such a mixed bag, this game is. Finally a shooter w/ awesome gameplay mechanics and a beautiful world... but a story that ... doesn't exist for the most part. Your involvement is helping random people, basically the 3 leaders of various settlements. Then all of a sudden you're in the resistance and storm the capital city and end game.

It's a fun game, with some decent minigames and cart racing, but I'm glad I got this on the cheap.

Year total so far: alan wake, ico, rage.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2352 on: January 20, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »

Bytor, I can't help but ask. How old is your son(and you, I guess)? Mine is 10(11 next month) and I wouldn't let him anywhere near COD for another 5 years or so. I thought you were about the same age as me, if not a tad older. I don't mean to second guess you're parenting decisions, but I guess that's exactly what I'm doing.

My son will be 20 in a month and a few days....I'm old, lol

Everything's Eventual
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2353 on: January 20, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »

got back into DA2 and I remember why i put it down. On the Deep Roads expedition I picked the dumbest party makeup ever. Two rogues, one mage, and a fighter.

I got trounced by that boss at the end b/c of this.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2354 on: January 20, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »

I hate Kaiden, always complaining about his biotics hurting him because they're old and going boohoohoo woe is me.
Maybe I misunderstood the character, but now, whenever I see him, that's what I think.

I kill Kaiden for the sins of his father.  That father being the original Bioware sad sack of tears and lamentation, Carth from KOTOR.  When I first played Mass Effect and heard Carth's voice coming out of Kaiden's mouth and saying some eerily similar shit, I knew we weren't gonna get along. :P

Oh my god. Dan, you have officially confirmed WHY I hated him so much, and I didnt even realize it.

Fucking Carth......

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: