Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334689 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 425918 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2355 on: January 20, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »

I feel your pain, took me @ 2 yrs to convince my son to try any game other than a FPS, he actually thought at one point in time COD was the end all be all to gaming. Incredibly enough Xenosaga is what showed him there could be more to a game than aim, shoot, reload, repeat. Now he's still a FPS fan, but he plays those in spurts, he's become a "genuine" JRPG freak, lol
Bytor, I can't help but ask. How old is your son(and you, I guess)? Mine is 10(11 next month) and I wouldn't let him anywhere near COD for another 5 years or so. I thought you were about the same age as me, if not a tad older. I don't mean to second guess you're parenting decisions, but I guess that's exactly what I'm doing.

My son will be 20 in a month and a few days....I'm old, lol

1. Wait what.
2. What.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2356 on: January 20, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »

got back into DA2 and I remember why i put it down. On the Deep Roads expedition I picked the dumbest party makeup ever. Two rogues, one mage, and a fighter.
I got trounced by that boss at the end b/c of this.

That boss is pretty hard regardless.  It definitely takes a little bit of strategy to beat him.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: January 20, 2012, 09:37:09 PM »

I hate Kaiden, always complaining about his biotics hurting him because they're old and going boohoohoo woe is me.
Maybe I misunderstood the character, but now, whenever I see him, that's what I think.

I kill Kaiden for the sins of his father.  That father being the original Bioware sad sack of tears and lamentation, Carth from KOTOR.  When I first played Mass Effect and heard Carth's voice coming out of Kaiden's mouth and saying some eerily similar shit, I knew we weren't gonna get along. :P

Oh my god. Dan, you have officially confirmed WHY I hated him so much, and I didnt even realize it.

Fucking Carth......

To Kaiden's credit his dumps a lot of the whining... in exchange for being utterly bland. Makes him just as much a target of killing due to apathy as irritation, it requires something really drastic (or apathy to BOTH) to spare him instead.

Plus I've read his death causes a fund for kids with biotics to be formed, so it's objectively better to kill him.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:04:30 PM by Eusis » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: January 20, 2012, 09:52:18 PM »

Kaidan's pretty damn boring and whiny. I looked up the romance on youtube after I failed and I'm glad I didn't do it.

Actually, I looked up all three of Mass Effect 1's romances and.. so corny. I couldn't keep a straight face through any of them... I'm so glad my Shep stayed single. The confrontations are kind of amusing, especially if you try to romance the oh so xenophobic Ashley and Liara.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2359 on: January 20, 2012, 09:54:47 PM »

Exploring the Mausoleum in Realms of the Haunting. This game is like a massive throwback to System Shock 1, even though I think they came out around the same time. Except I played SS1 before this. whatever.

-- Got weird hand tattoos.
-- Learned the words of power.
-- OH GOD ROBOTS WILL EAT ME.
-- Still no idea what that creepy crying baby record is for.

WHY AM I SO TERRIFIED OF DOOM 2 ENGINE + BILLBOARD MONSTER SPRITES.

---edit---

Got up to chapter 4 and quit playing because it was freaking me out. The graphics aren't even that /good/ by modern standards but it's like System Shock 1 in that it's just so great at building the atmosphere (and also like SS2 in that it throws jump scares at you. THANTS).

Also wasted a shitload of bullets on skeletons because they respawn unless you break their corpses up. Which isn't really easy.

Oh and some of the demons gib if you blast them with the staff :}
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:31:08 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: January 21, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »

Mass Effect 2, got Mordin and Garrus, need to stop reloading my save whenever I miss a renegade interrupt.

I missed melee attacks. FShep sounds like a BAMF when she's punching out Krogans. I can't WAIT to use the melee class in ME3, haha. And so far, I'm liking the ME2 version of Vanguard better... I actually use the biotic abilities way more than I did in ME1. Charge is awesome.

AND I MANAGED *NOT* TO FLIRT WITH KANYE JACOB

NANOMACHINES, SON.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2361 on: January 21, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »

Mass Effect 2 is rolling right along.  I've tried this game with an adept before, but the first time I gave it a shot I couldn't get over the massive change to Singularity from the first game.  I'm not having that problem this time.  I may be crazy, but I think the game looks better on the 360 than it does on the PS3.  I think it's the lighting.

Anyway, I'm about to do the Horizon mission.  I'm having trouble deciding which party members to focus on.  I'm using Garrus and Grunt right now...but I always use Garrus and Grunt. :P  I want to shake it up some.  I'm thinking about using a couple of sniper bros to take down whatever Shepard crowd controls.  Garrus would pretty much have to be one since he has Overload, and I'll probably use Legion instead of Thane because I don't like that creepy Creature From the Black Lagoon looking motherfucker.

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2362 on: January 21, 2012, 03:55:03 PM »

kyuusei, D-Rider

You guys usually play ME in what difficult setting?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: January 21, 2012, 04:35:41 PM »

Normal but I wish I did hardcore. But now I have to re-adjust to ME2's combat, haha. Next run will probably be hardcore or insanity. probably insanity so I can get my achievements.

EDIT: I may carry over ME1 Shepard (level 50, Spectre weapons) into a new game (Insanity). She cuts through Geth like butter.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:10:49 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2364 on: January 21, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »

kyuusei, D-Rider

You guys usually play ME in what difficult setting?

Normal.  I don't have the patience for death that I used to.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2365 on: January 22, 2012, 02:11:09 AM »

EU3 - Was attempting to declare war on Genoa but that sort of went to shit and then Muscovy DOW'd me. WHUPS. Reload.

After that, I played for a bit and then Muscovy still DOW'd me because they wanted to reconquer Olonets. Lithuania came to my aid. Also got dragged into some pointless war between Lubeck and Pommerania before Pommerania stopped giving a shit and white peaced with me (although they did sink two ships I forgot I had). And the Teutonic Order took Hinterpommern for no apparent reason and I don't even know WHEN but whatever, that doesn't apply to me.

Anyway, war with Muscovy was pointless. Fought several battles, no territory was conquered, eventually I just told Muscovy they won and to fuck off. Oddly enough they were okay with this.

In any case, I now have a decent army, so I can start fucking with various countries that I have Trade Related Casua Bellii against. Sweden is next to me but sort of worthless from a trade standpoint -- Stockholm is a worthless COT and they're not really commanding a meaningful trade league. Genoa IS a good target, but, uh, they have powerful allies. Namely Venezia.

So yeah I might just wail on Sweden till I squeeze something useful out of them.

Realms of the Haunting - Up to the caverns. Still feeling like I've missed something somewhere. I did get to an area that I could use as a point of reference on the map though and I think I know how to finish the caverns at least.

Story's getting really interesting. Not getting into specifics since you can still buy this thing and what I've seen so far is making me want to recommend it, but while it started out as a fairly basic Alone in the Dark/Five Days a Stranger kind of thing, it's... kind of gone into an interesting House of Leaves meets SMT territory. And I say SMT because it's got this whole "Several power players stuck in a bottled world" vibe to it.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2366 on: January 22, 2012, 02:55:20 AM »

Playing Deadly Premonition.

I learned about squirrels.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: January 22, 2012, 03:23:02 AM »

Recruiting people (Thane and Samara atm) in ME2 and loyalty missions are already opening up. And I still have to get the DLC. Should be interesting. Also realized Jack's only 19 or some shit. Explains a lot.

Shepard already looks kinda freaky.

I wish they gave you a chance to be more rude with Kaidan/Ashley on Horizon.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2368 on: January 22, 2012, 04:04:58 AM »

Did an Evil Karma playthrough in inFamous 2, got some trophies and watched the evil ending. Both endings let me wanting something more but it was alright, the story of this game can't end well for anyone anyway.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2369 on: January 22, 2012, 11:35:20 AM »

flirting w/ Isabela in DA2
baumchicawauwaum
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: