Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340816 Posts in 13926 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 451906 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2370 on: January 22, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »

I seem to be unlocking loyalty missions really quickly in Mass Effect 2.  Jack was about ready to go as soon as I got her, and I spoke to Thane a grand total of once before his mission was available.  Maybe I'm misremembering, I don't know.

Anyway, the Collector ship story mission is done.  I can't remember if the game compels you to do the next bit or if you can do it whenever you please.  Probably the former.  I should probably recruit Tali before I forget about her. :P

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: January 22, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »

The loyalty missions begin to surface right after Horizon, I've noticed. I already have 3-4 opened up and I'm gonna get Tali as soon as I'm done recruiting Samara so I can sell her out for her evil daughter later. We're at almost the exact same spot it seems. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2372 on: January 22, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »

Man... reading this thread is almost making me consider putting aside my disdain for both sci-fi and WRPG's and giving ME2 a go.... almost.... close but no cigar as they say....

Anyhoo.... today is a big day for me.... why? BECAUSE I have finally decided at 90 hours to move on with Xenoblade without neurotically and compulsively forcing myself to finish more quests!!! This is both difficult for me and liberating.... if you knew what an obsessive-compulsive-anal-completionist-type that I am you would understand.... But yes at 90 hours in, Klyde has said "screw colony restoration, damnit!!"...... I just feel like its time to lay this one to rest at this point..... Great as Xenoblade may be, I have too many other titles to afford it any more time.... I've been playing this thing since november.....

EDIT: This declaration has been made, by the way, to hold me to my word in a sense..... otherwise when I come home from work later I'm gonna reconsider this epiphany and scramble around for quest items that have eluded me for days now..... LoL
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:40:11 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2373 on: January 22, 2012, 06:04:53 PM »

Man... reading this thread is almost making me consider putting aside my disdain for both sci-fi and WRPG's and giving ME2 a go.... almost.... close but no cigar as they say....

Says the fella who played star ocean and xenoblade? You should at least give it a try, I'm pretty sure there's a demo out there. Broad brush strokes blow anyway, I'm not the biggest jrpg fan here but if one is good I'll play the fuck out of it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2374 on: January 22, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »

The demo of ME2 is not all that great, in fact, it made me lose the little interest I had on it when it was going to come out on PS3.

I bet that it is a great game since people can't shut up about it. But I don't know, the demo left me feeling intrigued but not interested enough to go out and buy it. And the review that was posted here by Abraham Ashton Liu got me even more intrigued but not even with that I end up buying it.

Maybe some day but who knows I'm more of a JRPG fan.

In other news I got the Platinum trophy in inFamous 2. I forgot how fun this game was.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: January 22, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »

There is an ME2 demo on all systems. I don't know how it is - I played half of the PS3 one, the other half was supposed to be spoilery. The half I played intrigued me, but I was already sold on ME2 prior.

I argue all the time that ME definitely has some appeal for JRPG fans - it has a lot of focus on characters, relationships and story, while still having an open wor-... galaxy. You probably can't tell from the demo however.

I don't ever avoid or rule out any genre myself. What the hell is the fun in that?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2376 on: January 22, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »

There is an ME2 demo on all systems. I don't know how it is - I played half of the PS3 one, the other half was supposed to be spoilery. The half I played intrigued me, but I was already sold on ME2 prior.

I argue all the time that ME definitely has some appeal for JRPG fans - it has a lot of focus on characters, relationships and story, while still having an open wor-... galaxy. You probably can't tell from the demo however.

I don't ever avoid or rule out any genre myself. What the hell is the fun in that?

Yeah, it's an open world/galaxy without being TOO open.  Despite my leeriness with WRPGs, I liked it a lot.  It's a very good game.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2377 on: January 22, 2012, 06:55:46 PM »

What the hell is the fun in that?

genre closed-mindedness is the quite the thing around this forum
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2378 on: January 22, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »

No wait, what I meant to say is that I have a taste and familiarity with JRPGs rather like them better than WRPGs.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 22, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »

That was more towards Klyde's disdain for sci-fi and WRPGs than anything else.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2380 on: January 22, 2012, 08:48:21 PM »

Well i've tried "Dragon age" again, this time on my 360. I have to say it plays so much better then it ever did on my PS3. I'm actually enjoying it more, but I can't help to think that my older PS3 might have a few problems with the HDD and that the game might be alright on console.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2381 on: January 22, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »

Says the fella who played star ocean and xenoblade? You should at least give it a try, I'm pretty sure there's a demo out there. Broad brush strokes blow anyway, I'm not the biggest jrpg fan here but if one is good I'll play the fuck out of it.

I know the only good ones worth playing... yeah meng.

Playing FF9 off the PSN network, I want to play it proper.  Anyways, Steiner is fucking awesome.  Not as the muscle, though he is, but as a personality.  He tickles mah funny bone.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: January 22, 2012, 09:06:57 PM »

Says the fella who played star ocean and xenoblade?

Admittedly Star Ocean barely qualifies as sci-fi at all while Xenoblade is... in some ways it comes off more as sci-fi flavored fantasy, in contrast to fantasy flavored sci-fi you might see in, say, Dying Earth works. Still, you definitely shouldn't rule out genres if the work sounds interesting enough to you.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2383 on: January 22, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »

Motherfucker.  I knew I shouldn't have gone to that trashed Reaper so soon.  The game pushed me along from there so fast that I still had three or four loyalty missions left to do when the suicide mission triggered.

Made it through all the way to the end without a casualty.  Beat the last boss without a casualty.  Then, after all that, I had to see fucking Jack laying dead on the ground literally five minutes before the credits would have rolled.

Good thing I didn't overwrite ANY saves.  :P Gonna wind the clock back to an old save and do this shit right on my next day off.  I will accept nothing less than perfection.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2384 on: January 22, 2012, 11:30:03 PM »

Says the fella who played star ocean and xenoblade?

Admittedly Star Ocean barely qualifies as sci-fi at all while Xenoblade is... in some ways it comes off more as sci-fi flavored fantasy, in contrast to fantasy flavored sci-fi you might see in, say, Dying Earth works. Still, you definitely shouldn't rule out genres if the work sounds interesting enough to you.

Regardless of sub-genre-ing a sub-genre.  I love the mix. :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: