Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 05:21:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330103 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 404564 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2535 on: February 09, 2012, 05:27:42 PM »

I'm pretty sweet at roundhouse kicking zombeez
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:31:57 PM by Yoda » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2536 on: February 09, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »

Just lost an hour of play in Deadly Premonition because of the ceiling crawling cunts.

They grab you while you're shooting them, and take off at least a quarter of your fucking life every time!

And the game says, "Oh you don't like fighting them? Here, fight four in a fucking row!"

I honestly don't know if I am going to be able to get past this point, and I am severely pissed because of it.

Hint: Use the Grecroch or any sufficiently high damage weapon (i.e. Shotgun). Machine Guns and other rapid hit low powered weapons are horrible on those guys(?) since their vulnerability phase lasts one or two hits per phase so you need to make those hits count.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2537 on: February 09, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »

I played the DOS version shareware briefly and the controls were inexplicably worse. Otherwise afaik they're all the same.

There's actually quite a lot of differences between the three versions, the Saturn was the original and supposedly the best. Only the PC version runs on Build, the others use Lobotomy's own engine.

The PC version doe's have horrible controls and is nothing like the Saturn version as explained. Lobotomy used the Saturn's hardware efficiently and it run's like gold. I bought the PC version after finishing the SS version, was a bit disappointed. Rumours at the time was it was called Exhumed in PAL territories due to copyright infringements on Iron Maiden's Album called Powerslave, probably just a rumour

Well damn, that explains a lot. And also kind of impresses me because the Lobotomy engine is pretty damn good.

I'm kind of curious about the level differences in the two versions. It's clear that the PSX version maintains the Metroid-ness, which is good. What did the Saturn-exclusive powerups do? Wonder if they were deemed unbalancing or something.

Admittedly I have been playing more Colony Wars and Syphon Filter than anything right now.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2538 on: February 09, 2012, 10:10:16 PM »

Actually went back to Fable 3 and finished the main quests in about one hour of when I stopped last, it's just horrible to me but some might enjoy it, i'd say a cross between sims with the mix of a gazillion fetch and deliver quests. Now started dragon age again and I think i'm enjoying it more without the lag I was getting on the PS3. Utilizing the radial menu alot more now and controlling my team, doing this lagged out my ps3 lagged out.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2539 on: February 10, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »

Well, I got my hands on a copy of Growlanser Heritage of War, a backlog on mine from 4 years ago!! (Game disc got wrecked).... Let me say, its tough to pick up a title from four years ago and continue.... Really makes you look at all those seemingly useless tutorial menus you never look at in a whole new light... too bad Growlanser doesn't sport any-LoL....

Then there is Xenoblade..... 20 hours ago or so I was sure I was at the end..... fast forward to present, I'm still grinding to get through what I presume to be the final dungeon... but who knows at this point..... Mind you, that was 20 hours void of any optional stuff really.... I love this game to death but I need to lay it to rest already... too many other things on my shelf already, or soon to be added...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2540 on: February 10, 2012, 06:30:48 PM »

I've been replaying Tales of Eternia... I love combo killing for EXP; but maaaan, it's soo disjointed.  Half the time you're hoping combos either connect or register. :S

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2541 on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »

I'm still enjoying Kingdoms of Amalur, but its flaws are becoming more noticeable the more I play it.  At this point I'm mostly playing it for the combat, because the narrative is pretty fucking weak.  I dig the House of Ballads story, but I couldn't remotely give a damn about the other story lines and factions.  When the combat starts to get repetitive, I'm gonna be done...and I have a feeling that's coming sooner rather than later.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2542 on: February 11, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »

Playing a ton of Final Fantasy IX and loving the soundtrack. To think that FFIX along with Metal Gear Solid got me into gaming and to learn English... what can I say other than it has been a lot of fun. :)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2543 on: February 11, 2012, 01:09:15 AM »

Currently messing around with Star Ocean: Second Evolution and in the early stages of a playthrough of Grandia III.  When I'm done with those I'm going to try and beat Mass Effect 2 again for another save file to load into ME3. 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2544 on: February 11, 2012, 01:18:41 AM »

Played some obscure shooters a bit today. One was Machine Head, which is some... vehicular FPS where you're on a hovercraft that is impossible to control. Somehow this makes things MORE fun because you're never really ENTIRELY in control, so it's very frantic. Other game was called Vanark which is really neat but apparently only like three hours long so I will be pacing that.

I guess I will play some Syphon Filter before I go to bed. Or try coding a game of my own design, IDK. I am very confused by reality as a whole right now. It's been a weird damn month. Not necessarily BAD, just disorienting. I'm basically clinging onto PSX games and Robert Pollard music to kind of keep me grounded, although it's like, the weird fringey stuff I have no actual history with so I'm just getting even more confused and mired in decidedly non-ephemeral 90s ephemera.

I've discovered that I'm very good at continuing on with life-as-usual when dropped into an unfamiliar situation -- and life-for-usual for me just consists of taking long walks, exploring, grocery shopping and dicking around on the internet. So I don't really react otherwise to being placed in an unfamiliar situation, which is where I guess a lot of the disorientation comes from, because my general lifestyle gets kind of "pocketed" into that particular situation, and like... runs parallel to the rest of my life?

Shit's interesting when you lack a car and obligations.

---edit---

Okay Soul Reaver's actual /killing/ mechanics are fascinating, the story seems to have addressed some of the complaint's I had about Blood Omen trying TOO hard to be dark, and the low-res PSX graphics actually give it a Vagrant Story-ish painterly quality that I kind of like.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:58:50 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2545 on: February 12, 2012, 09:09:07 AM »

Been playing League of Legends a lot lately. The player base is largely composed of a bunch of whiny smack talking "kids" and its very repetitive. But, for some reason I just keep playing. Not really sure why. Still waiting for Chrono cross to come out on PSN. If Ark made it over, then I'm sure this will make it eventually as well.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2546 on: February 12, 2012, 04:49:23 PM »

Currently messing around with Star Ocean: Second Evolution and in the early stages of a playthrough of Grandia III.  When I'm done with those I'm going to try and beat Mass Effect 2 again for another save file to load into ME3. 

After my experience with First Departure I need a break before I even look at 2nd Evo.

As for me, I just polished off Growlanser Heritage of War!!! Yippee kay-yay!! All I can say is wow.... I forgot how fabulous this game was... A little on the easy side.... but other then that I thoroughly loved this game.... makes me wanna go back and play 2 and 3 again now...

I finally tried out Hyperdimension Neptunia since the sequel is on the horizon... I know everyone hated this game and I'll agree, it lacks in just about every department.... but I find it entertaining so far..... if only it didn't have that terribly slow and generic battle system they use in Trinity Souls....

Well the next feat is finally laying  Xenoblade to rest. 115 hours or so in..... I gotta be near the end...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: February 12, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »

Been mucking around in the ME3 demo. Is it sad that I haven't played much else? I've been too busy with other things, but when I got the demo I've been trying all of the classes and making a Shepard that doesn't get all messed up when I go from character customization to in-game. Combat is faster. That's good enough for me.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2548 on: February 12, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »

How did you get access to the ME3 demo?

Is that out early?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: February 12, 2012, 05:42:44 PM »

There WERE codes floating around the interwebs, and there was a FB app where you could try and win a code, but it was slow/a lot of people had trouble with it. It's out in two days though, if the codes are all gone.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: