Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 03:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340915 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 452891 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2580 on: February 18, 2012, 03:03:35 PM »

I started Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana earlier today, so far so good

I freakin' loved that game! Playing Atelier Rorona now myself.... still have alot of PS2 Atelier to get to someday myself, including Mhana Khemia...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2581 on: February 18, 2012, 03:06:10 PM »

Finally getting around to some ME2 DLC.

Kasumi, sigh another hot space babe in tight clothes. Eh... it's a living.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2582 on: February 18, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »

Unlocked the drell vanguard easily enough. Sadly it'll be a few days before I can take him for a ride, with so nigh shit to do. I wonder when the beta ends....

I actually found the kill objectives not that difficult. We only failed once, I was usually in a pretty decent group. Didn't start getting my ass truly kicked until wave 7 or so. I've managed to complete both a bronze and a silver mission and oh God the EXP is glorious.

I was just playing with friends and we didnt get the kill objectives till it was only 2 of left. We could never take more than 1 or 2 of them out lol.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2583 on: February 18, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »

Okay got around to actually finishing the first level of Machine Head. I like this.

- There was a basic key + door pattern, a la most FPSes, but it was done in a surreal way that actually had a really neat impact on the levels as a whole.
- What's really cool is that there were some other objectives on top of this. Nothing super in-depth but it added to the variety.
- Level 1 had like three separate areas that all played kind of differently but came together smoothly.

Priddy baws, dizz gam.

---edit---

Also Dino Crisis seems fairly charming although I am terrible at it. I keep expecting to be able to roll since I could do that in Fear Effect.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:44:30 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2584 on: February 19, 2012, 01:44:20 PM »

FemShep, Tali, Kasumi

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2585 on: February 19, 2012, 10:49:31 PM »

Tail of the Sun - This is pleasantly weird in a way that Aquanaut's Holiday 2 was not. Downside is that I lost my actual PSX memory card and this is pretty crash prone in emulators. I've killed like three monkeys so far. And gotten one of my cave mans killed.

Tsugunai - Played for like 30 minutes. Weird as hell. Definitely want to spend more time with this.

Granstream Saga - About to get stolen by air pirates. Rather digging the brief chunk of this I played. Do wonder why the map controls are so clunky when the in-battle controls are basically fine.

Adventures of Lomax - I played like one level of this. I don't think I like it as much as Rayman but it still seems pretty fun. Rayman had a slight metroidvaniaishness that worked in its favor though.

Armored Core 2: AA - Played first mission. Won, but did so poorly that I only got 1/2 my moneys. This game is not easy.

Did Silmarils and Psygnosis ever collaborate? That would be a major acid trip.

o/` I do not dream o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2586 on: February 19, 2012, 10:57:44 PM »

I've been alternating between Bayonetta and the multiplayer bits of the Mass Effect 3 demo.

Bayonetta is not anywhere near as hard as I recall. :P  I'm not sure what the difference is this time around.  Maybe it's because I've been playing a lot of action-oriented shit as of late.  That motorcycle bit was as boring as ever, though.

As far as ME3 goes, I'm still trying to decide which class I like to play the most.  Right now it's a tossup between adept and infiltrator.  I still haven't tried engineer and soldier, and I bet I don't. :P  I know I'm not gonna be a vanguard because I don't do close range, and sentinel sucked.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: February 19, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »

I've tried sentinel and I hate it. On the other hand I love close-range combat. More than I should.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2588 on: February 19, 2012, 11:21:20 PM »

I used to go with Inflitrator all the time in ME1 and 2, but after trying out Adept i think i like it better. Stuff like throw and Singularity is fun as hell. Tossing Krogans into the air is also great fun.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2589 on: February 20, 2012, 01:37:33 AM »

I've done Kasumi and Shadow Broker DLC the last few days and have loved them both. The music in each was astounding.

It's the perfect palate cleanser for ME3.

These were great DLC packs as well. I'm glad I got them on the cheap but they were really fun. I especially love the security cam movies you can watch at the end of Shadow Broker.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:46:42 AM by Yoda » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2590 on: February 20, 2012, 01:49:16 AM »

Tsugunai - Played for like 30 minutes. Weird as hell. Definitely want to spend more time with this.

Well, it's a game I enjoyed, despite all its shortcomings.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2591 on: February 20, 2012, 01:59:26 AM »

Been working on my 3rd Shep in ME1. Just finished Feros. Even though its on Hardcore, after ME2 Insanity, I find it kinda easy/moderate. I'm playing Infiltrator (loving it) and have Snipes maxed out and bought the Spectre Sniper rifle. I kill most enemies in one shot, and if not, Assassination does. I hardly use any other weapons anymore.

I've been using Kaidan and Liara, and while Kaidan is the least compelling of all the squadmates, him and Liara make a great disabling team. Liara throws a Singularity and I pick them off, and if anything gets too close, Kaidan throws them or uses Neural Shock. Most organic enemies seem to be going down easily this way.

With all that said, I need to stop playing, cause I can feel the beginning of a "getting tired of this" feeling. I don't wanna be burnt out by the time ME3 comes out.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2592 on: February 20, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »

I played and finished ME2 Arrival last night. It was at like 3am and I was blitzed so I don't remember much.

I decided for finish up DA2 before going further in Amalur.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2593 on: February 20, 2012, 11:45:24 PM »

Granstream Saga - Just started Kilia Shrine. Airlim is trippy. Combat is extraordinarily Gothic-esque, but with better dodging.

Kingsley's Adventure - Beat some level? Also why are half of my PSX game from Psygnosis now.

Lunar - Wandered around talking to NPCs. I should PROBABLY head for the grindery except I forgot where that was. Also all of the dialogue changes after you blir Dragonmaster and it would be a cying shrame NOT to experienceit it all.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2594 on: February 21, 2012, 06:58:43 AM »

I'm trying to finish Alan Wake these past few days so I can play American Nightmare this weekend but working long hours is really getting in the way.  I was also planning another playthrough with ME2 before the 3rd drops but I can't see it happening:(

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: