Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:43:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330132 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 405019 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2640 on: March 01, 2012, 01:42:13 AM »

TP's tendency for picking up picking up some mechanic and dropping it without ever using it initially irked me until I played some of the other Zelda games that picked up some new mechanic and never. stopped. using it. While I enjoyed the spinna as much as everyone else, would it have actually improved the game to shoehorn spinnatrax into every dungeon just to remind you that you have it?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2641 on: March 01, 2012, 01:47:25 AM »

TP's tendency for picking up picking up some mechanic and dropping it without ever using it initially irked me until I played some of the other Zelda games that picked up some new mechanic and never. stopped. using it. While I enjoyed the spinna as much as everyone else, would it have actually improved the game to shoehorn spinnatrax into every dungeon just to remind you that you have it?

Skyward Sword was worse, IMO.  Most items get dropped ASAP or used very very little (like the whip...wtf...stupid shit, you use it later on a NORMAL level... it's not even across some gap).  The game was alll about swords.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2642 on: March 01, 2012, 02:07:06 AM »

Skyward Sword was worse, IMO.  Most items get dropped ASAP or used very very little (like the whip...wtf...stupid shit, you use it later on a NORMAL level... it's not even across some gap).  The game was alll about swords.

Say what you will about the lack of item usage in SS, but nothing tops TPs Slingshot for most irrelevant item in the entire series. Two uses and then you've come across something vastly superior to it in every way, and one of those uses was a tutorial. Original Zelda's Bait was more useful mostly because its used three times and two of those were required (the third netted you the Second Quest's Magical Boomerang).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2643 on: March 01, 2012, 06:49:59 AM »

Reached Chapter 13 in The Last Story. This game is really impressing me after the generation long drought of quality RPGs. So far, this tops the mighty Xenoblade for me.

/bow Sakaguchi
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2644 on: March 01, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »

Still having fun with FFXIII-2 and debating with myself if I should read the spoilers of Disc 1 of Xenogears (never played it).
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2645 on: March 01, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »

Finished DA, good game depending on what platform you get it on. Now need some JRPG action, maybe i'll finally play FF13 or even infinite undiscovery.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2646 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:35 PM »

Ys 6 - Beat the flying bug boss. Don't know why I was finding it so hard last night.

I attempted to play Jet Grind Radio more. Gamepads make my hands hurt like hell.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:48:55 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2647 on: March 02, 2012, 10:08:10 AM »

Abyss- I never found Luke and Asch looked horribly alike, nor acted it of course. I always find it funny. And I find the models are kind of inconsistent. Comparing Tear and Natalia, I found Nat had more realistic proportions, Tear looks kinda funny, and too tiny/thin in some parts. Also, I always thought, with the large amount of dark, curly hair, Anise looks Italian. Finally, for such a wussy attire and demeanor, I love Ion; he's really sweet and smart.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2648 on: March 02, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »

I may be a bit behind the times, but I really wanted to get Skyrim largely out of the way - my character got to the point where some of the quests made no sense for him to pursue, so I went off to take out
Code:
Alduin

Now I'm trucking away through Skyward Sword, which is a blast! Just pursuing the second Sacred Flame now that I've learned Neru's Wisdom. Man... I loves this title!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:13:10 PM by kyuusei » Logged

Just Greg, thanks.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: March 02, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »

Note: Spoiler tags use the word 'code,' not spoiler. Don't ask me why, that's just how our forum is.

I'm not sure that Skyrim thing is really a spoiler anyway, but I changed it to code just in case.

Alright so, I'm late to the party because getting out of mass effect fields is difficult, but I tried out the Reckoning demo on PS3 (yeah I also wanted my ME3 items...) and it's fun. I KNOW it's like a three-month-old build and the final version is MUCH better but that thing was fucking BUGGY. Gonna wait til a price drop til I get the full game which I'm sure will happen soon enough after wearing Shepard ME3 out.

I played a brawler type who loves his melee combat, especially daggers. I think I only used the bow, like, once. Actually got to do a lot of little sidequests before the demo time ran out, but the bugs were driving me crazy anyway.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2650 on: March 02, 2012, 02:34:49 PM »

I played the SSX demo for nearly an hour last night and I really enjoyed it. I may grab a copy with ME3 next week if I trade some stuff in.  Other than that, Syndicate and Gotham City Imposters on LIVE are both quite enjoyable too.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2651 on: March 02, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »

Note: Spoiler tags use the word 'code,' not spoiler. Don't ask me why, that's just how our forum is.

Weird...

I'm not sure that Skyrim thing is really a spoiler anyway, but I changed it to code just in case.

And yeah, I wasn't really sure, but it is still new-ish and, well, why take the chance at ruining someone's Skyrim experience?

Gotham City Imposters on LIVE [is] quite enjoyable too.

Yes, yes it is. Though I'm holding off on buying it now that my friends are all going to be diving into ME3. Still, the demo was a hoot. Reminded me of those bygone days of Counter-Strike deathmatching.

Just Greg, thanks.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2652 on: March 02, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »

Is true what people said... Xenogears is a lot like Evangelion. That's not very good in my book for a bunch of personal reasons.

Still, is not bad.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2653 on: March 02, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »

I am playing Assassin's Creed:  Brotherhood, because it is impossible for me to play the same game two days in a row.  I've barely begun the story; I just want to get as many towers out of the way as I can now so I won't have to bother with them later on.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2654 on: March 02, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »

Is true what people said... Xenogears is a lot like Evangelion. That's not very good in my book for a bunch of personal reasons.

Still, is not bad.

How far are you into XG? They start out sort of superficially similar but go in very, very different directions.

(NGE ends up being more XGish with the changes introduced in the new series about precursor race bullshit).

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: