Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 11:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329795 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 401120 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2790 on: April 04, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »

Up to level 5 in Bangai-O

Also played some Bangai-O spirits last night.

Shadow Tower came today. Played that up to the first save point I could find. Jesus hell this is a lot creepier than the youtube videos make it seem. The youtube compression tends to reduce the sound quality a lot, and this game is all about sound effects.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2791 on: April 05, 2012, 01:22:22 AM »

Xenogears -- the plot thickens....  often.  I can't keep up!  Old Man' Bal turned into Ol' Man Asshole real fast and Calamity was a pain in the ass but the first real challenge thus far.  Citan got called some nick name that wasn't "Citany" and I went "AH-HAH!!!! IT STARTS!!!!".  I like how you can kinda see Sigurd's eye patch indented. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2792 on: April 05, 2012, 08:21:43 AM »

Got Taloon in my party and acquired the ship. Still tearing through enemies and not having to worry about grinding at all.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2793 on: April 05, 2012, 12:35:57 PM »

We got The Gold Trigon. We are so awesome. #sworcery

We couldn't tell if the glowing ghost dude was cheering us on or psyching us out or what. #sworcery

The glowing ghost dude sure did talk a lot of unhelpful nonsense. #sworcery

Love this game.  Taking a break from Wind Waker to play it again.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2794 on: April 05, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »

Vanguard, if you ever think you have to grind in DQ4, that just means you need to go off and explore before doing the next story dungeon and pick up some secret badass objects. DQIV's fun, wish square hadn't fucked up the translation.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2795 on: April 05, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »

All this talk of Xenogears is making me want to play it again, but that would be a huge undertaking right before Xenoblade. I played the hell out of XG when I was teenager.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2796 on: April 05, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »

Vanguard, if you ever think you have to grind in DQ4, that just means you need to go off and explore before doing the next story dungeon and pick up some secret badass objects. DQIV's fun, wish square hadn't fucked up the translation.

The lack of party talk was the sole reason why I didn't bother with the DS port. The mechanical upgrades alone were not enough to justify getting it when I already have a complete copy of the NES DQIV.

In actual gaming news though, I finished off MG:GB somewhere between yesterday and the day before (I think it was just shy of midnight but whatever). Unfortunately I forgot that I had been doing a ranked run up until I picked it back up (although it wouldn't have mattered that much since it seems that my GBA's backward compatibility components seems to be failing me so I needed to rush anyways). I think this just leaves Lufia 3 in my unfinished GBC backlog. God. That's going to be a painful slog to finish.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2797 on: April 06, 2012, 12:17:58 AM »

Did the Rannoch part of ME3.

Seriously, that whole storyline was worth the purchase itself. I almost cried when

Code:
Legion sacrificed himself.

Also played some of the multiplayer. I'm reeeeeaaaallllyyyy liking Drell Adept, and playing a support role. Lift/Reave is a great combo. Dealing damage is crap though. I'm happy to see I'm getting better as well and outside of one player who would shoot me and others between waves, I've had no real problems with anyone else. Honestly, its like being in an elevator when it comes to the chatter.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2798 on: April 06, 2012, 01:49:08 AM »

Finished Dragon Age Origins a few days ago, it took about 40 hours. Not extremely interested in Awakening.

Couldn't get into Rage at all really. Sold Mass Effect 2 after playing it 10 hours.

All I really have now is Demon Souls to finish and Arkham City.

I'm open to suggestions. I generally like WRPGs, but I'm open to anything on the PS3. I was thinking of Dungeon Siege 3, DA2 or Castlevania. I may need one or two more to hold me off until Dragons Dogma or D3.

Thanks ♪(ε` )

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2799 on: April 06, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »

^Did you tried Deus Ex: Human Revolution yet?
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2800 on: April 06, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »

^Did you tried Deus Ex: Human Revolution yet?

No, but that is a good idea. I played the XBOX one a long time ago and liked it.
I suppose I should give that a shot if I get a chance.

Thanks

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2801 on: April 06, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »

I like the regional accents. I do notice that there are some really awkward lines of dialogue though, and it certainly has nothing to do with them.

Still, I'm enjoying it for what it is: an old school, fast paced (for me) dungeon crawler. I think I'm pretty much 3/4 of the way through it now. I just saved Kiryl and sailed West.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2802 on: April 06, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »

Finished Dragon Age Origins a few days ago, it took about 40 hours. Not extremely interested in Awakening.

Couldn't get into Rage at all really. Sold Mass Effect 2 after playing it 10 hours.

I'm open to suggestions. I generally like WRPGs, but I'm open to anything on the PS3. I was thinking of Dungeon Siege 3, DA2 or Castlevania. I may need one or two more to hold me off until Dragons Dogma or D3.

Thanks ♪(ε` )

I hated dungeon siege.... castelvania entertained me for a bit though....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2803 on: April 06, 2012, 07:41:53 PM »

I like the regional accents. I do notice that there are some really awkward lines of dialogue though, and it certainly has nothing to do with them.

No, the issue was that they gutted party chat from the US version.

Party chat was a rather sizable addition to the DS port and probably made up around half of the game's text. It also added a lot of characterization that just wasn't there otherwise.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2804 on: April 06, 2012, 08:04:18 PM »

Thanks ♪(ε` )

Witcher 2 comes out soon.  I would try that.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: