Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 12:25:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331922 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 414770 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2850 on: April 16, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »

Mass Effect 3 - All the things to do is getting a bit overwhelming. I check my journal, and the list just goes on and on. There should be a way to separate the main story tasks from all the side tasks. Prioritize them somehow. Not that I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, but I would just prefer them not be mixed in with everything else. Or at least have a "sort by priority" option.
I'm 20 hrs in and still having a blast. I'm getting a bit bored by all the copy and past enemies, but that's a minor complaint. The missions have all been fun and intense so far.
I'm always sad when I look at the clock and realize I have to stop for the night.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2851 on: April 16, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »

Amalur: No real way to measure my progress since I haven't advanced the story at all, so I'm level 15 and devoting my points to finesse and sorcery. I've maxed out my find hidden for my level and have been putting points into sagecraft. I picked that over smithing and alchemy because it seems more approachable, being able to remove gems from sockets on equipment you wont need.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2852 on: April 16, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »

Mass Effect 3 - All the things to do is getting a bit overwhelming. I check my journal, and the list just goes on and on. There should be a way to separate the main story tasks from all the side tasks. Prioritize them somehow. Not that I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, but I would just prefer them not be mixed in with everything else. Or at least have a "sort by priority" option.
I'm 20 hrs in and still having a blast. I'm getting a bit bored by all the copy and past enemies, but that's a minor complaint. The missions have all been fun and intense so far.
I'm always sad when I look at the clock and realize I have to stop for the night.

Any story mission will be called "Priority: XYZ".

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2853 on: April 16, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »

I am totally addicted to Henry Hatsworth.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2854 on: April 16, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »

Henry Hatsworth is great, but it sure got damn hard towards the end.  I was near the end of the third(?) zone, or whichever one the water continent was.  Definitely fun, but I moved on after hitting a snag around there. 

Wind Waker is still pretty boss.  Beat the Earth Temple and doing some Triforce hunting before I challenge the Wind Temple.  Have five pieces thus far. 

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2855 on: April 16, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »

I just got to the water section this morning. :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2856 on: April 16, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »

Yeah, I forgot about that. I'd still prefer the priority missions be on top, or in a separate list. I'll deal.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2857 on: April 16, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »

I just got to the water section this morning. :D
Yeah I made it a bit past halfway through there and gave up. Definitely a great puzzle-platformer though,no doubt.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2858 on: April 16, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »

Henry Hatsworth is great, but it sure got damn hard towards the end.  I was near the end of the third(?) zone, or whichever one the water continent was.  Definitely fun, but I moved on after hitting a snag around there. 

Wind Waker is still pretty boss.  Beat the Earth Temple and doing some Triforce hunting before I challenge the Wind Temple.  Have five pieces thus far. 

WW is probably my favorite Zelda.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2859 on: April 16, 2012, 05:04:36 PM »

WW is probably my favorite Zelda.

Don't give me that. I saw your Faces of Evil blog
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2860 on: April 16, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »

I'm soul level 116 in Demon Souls as a magician class. Most of my points are in vit/
Magic/int.

The only thing I have left to do before I beat 1-4 and open the last boss is upgrade some stuff. I fought Old King Allant once but lost, came close to beating him but in the process he sucked 3 soul levels and I don't wanna fight him again until I know I can win.

I beat DA:O one time in about 40 hours and there is no reason to really go back. If the enemies don't respawn and side missions just end, I have no desire to do multiple play throughs ( or have the time ) to see a few things play out differently. If the level cap was higher and I could keep going back and killing enemies, collecting loot and doing side quests sure.

I think at this point im just waiting for Dragons Dogma and just need another game or two to get me there.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2861 on: April 16, 2012, 06:31:59 PM »

Yeah, I forgot about that. I'd still prefer the priority missions be on top, or in a separate list. I'll deal.

The best way to approach it is to do everything else before the priority missions, since once you do those you get even more side missions at the Citadel. That said though, the annoying thing is that some of the missions can't actually be completed until you've done the next priority mission, which opens up new parts of the galaxy.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2862 on: April 17, 2012, 02:15:23 AM »

Decided to do 15 prestige on blops, The contracts are great for learning new weapons. Haven't played MW3 for months and now it's hacked. Bought Daytona on XBL a few weeks back and it's kind of fun, though I think it's missing the DC levels and I can't remember how to get the statue of Jeffry to dance.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2863 on: April 17, 2012, 09:52:23 AM »

Finally got Xenoblade in the mail yesterday! Re-connected my shitty old Wii(new one on the way),and fired it up. I just sat at the opening screen, figuring something would happen, and I was gifted with a fantastic music track and serene imagery. A very good start, I must say.
I only played for an hour or so, but I'm already blown away by the great music and graphics(for Wii). The overworld track, with the droning beat to it, had me tapping my feet.
The battle system seems crazy hectic. I was totally winging it.
I'm loving the EPIC scope here. The intro was really well done, and has me truly intrigued.
That's it for now, though. Gotta get back to ME3.

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2864 on: April 18, 2012, 03:10:03 AM »

Had a spin on legend of dragoon last night, had the jp version since 199* and never played it because of the FF7 rip off abuse it's taken. Now, I think this game seems just fine so far though i'm sure in the beginning it's meant to be a giant locust. Surprisingly, the graphics look ok on PS3
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: