Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:56:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319255 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 358873 times)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2865 on: April 19, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »

Decided to do 15 prestige on blops, The contracts are great for learning new weapons. Haven't played MW3 for months and now it's hacked. Bought Daytona on XBL a few weeks back and it's kind of fun, though I think it's missing the DC levels and I can't remember how to get the statue of Jeffry to dance.

What hacks are being seen on MW3? and is it specific to system?
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2866 on: April 19, 2012, 09:48:06 PM »

Ys VI is sort of bad at giving you hints at what to do.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2867 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »

I think I'm near the end of Wind Waker.  I've beaten the Earth and Wind Temples and just have one last Triforce piece to get.  The chart's somewhere in Outset Island, but I'll track it down tomorrow afternoon.  Stupid work being necessary for income....

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2868 on: April 20, 2012, 03:09:06 AM »

Decided to do 15 prestige on blops, The contracts are great for learning new weapons. Haven't played MW3 for months and now it's hacked. Bought Daytona on XBL a few weeks back and it's kind of fun, though I think it's missing the DC levels and I can't remember how to get the statue of Jeffry to dance.

What hacks are being seen on MW3? and is it specific to system?

Flying through the air, leaving maps in general, also de-ranking. I don't think these are in public lobbies yet. I play on XBL and i'm not sure if it's console specific. It's sad to see this happening on such a new game,
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2869 on: April 21, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »

It took me more than 2 months but I finally finished the 4th challenge in Vanquish. And with that I thought I was gonna get the Platinum Trophy, but no, there is a secret challenge that you unlock after you beat all of the other 5 challenges.

The entire stage is packed with the most dangerous and fastest enemies in the game and with each round it gets harder and harder.

But there's this Asian player that managed to do the entire challenge in 3 minutes, here's the video. I've seen videos of players doing amazing stuff in DMC3, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden Black before but this is Godlike.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2870 on: April 21, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »

Ys VI actually does give you adequate hints, I'm just a stupid mofo. Fuq.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2871 on: April 21, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »

Has anyone played Fez here? Heard the Bombcast just now and they say that the game is insane, they also compared it with the original The Legend of Zelda and Dark Souls so it must be good.

A shame is only on 360. At least for now anyway.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2872 on: April 22, 2012, 04:44:22 AM »

Holy shit Fish actually released Fez?

Jesus. That thing was turning into the DNF of tigs.

Vad spelade jag idag... oh right, nothing. Well, like, 10 minutes of Armada to make sure it worked.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2873 on: April 22, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »

Has anyone played Fez here? Heard the Bombcast just now and they say that the game is insane, they also compared it with the original The Legend of Zelda and Dark Souls so it must be good.

A shame is only on 360. At least for now anyway.

How the hell did they come up with likening it to the Original Zelda? Because it looks old and pixelated, or did they genre shift onto a new plane?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2874 on: April 22, 2012, 09:34:26 PM »

Crossed Wind Waker off my list.  Pretty good final showdown - it highlighted part of the new tricks to swordplay compared to Ocarina or Majora.  Very good Zelda game overall, but ALttP is still my favorite. 

Next I want to start up another console game I've owned for some time.  Leaning towards Valkyria Chronicles or Red Dead Redemption. 

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2875 on: April 23, 2012, 06:45:09 AM »

So, Mass Effect 3.

How come people managed to beat the game in 3 days? I've been playing for almost a week and only now finished Thessia. The enemy rush there was awesome, Marauder + Banshee was the bane of my existence.

I'm starting to understand why some people aren't fond of the cereal killer Kai Leng...

Code:
What kind of self-respecting villain sends hate mail? "Hi Shepard U SUCK. With love, KL."

Hope there's a renegade interrupt to punch him in the face.

Despite the wooden animations, expressionless faces and Shepard talking way too much without player input, I'm enjoying the game. Just not as much as ME1 or 2. Thessia and Rannoch were the highlights so far.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2876 on: April 23, 2012, 10:35:24 AM »

Because there are people who do nothing but play the game when it comes out. Some of us don't have that option, and wouldn't even take it if we did. Anyway...
I've been playing the game for almost a month, but am only 24hrs in or so. I'm right in the middle of the
Code:
Citadel attack. "Met" some crazy assassin dude. Must be this Kai Leng you refer to.
I did the whole Krogan "curing the genophage" thing before this. Poor Mordin
I'm kind of getting tired of fighting Cerberus everywhere, though. The enemies are kinda boring.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2877 on: April 24, 2012, 04:50:03 AM »

Yes, fighting Cerberus troops gets old fast. Unfortunately they are everywhere.

I had no idea I was so close to the ending. Decided to sacrifice my sleep and see how this one would  play out. I shared my views on the ending in the ME3 topic.

I stand by what I wrote above: The game is good, but not as good as ME1 and 2. The only thing I really liked were the gameplay improvements.  Earth was hell in Insanity. If Charge didn't refill the shields to 100% I would have had to tone the difficult down.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2878 on: April 24, 2012, 07:14:42 AM »

Really enjoying Witcher 2 at the moment but I made the mistake of wandering off into the woods and got annihilated by a couple of of wandering...things:/   I guess I should stike the a main story quest line for now.  I also downloaded RE4 over LIVE just because I really enjoyed it the first time.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2879 on: April 24, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »

Trying to finish Act 1 on Vanquish in God Hard mode with no deaths. The action in this mode gets pretty fast at some parts and with a few hits you are as good as death.

I'm having a blast though.

How the hell did they come up with likening it to the Original Zelda? Because it looks old and pixelated, or did they genre shift onto a new plane?

For the exploration they said.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: