Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329882 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 402103 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2970 on: May 18, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »

Legend of Dragoon is the best $5.99 I spent on PSN.  I know I'm in the minority for liking the game the first time around, but I'm liking it just as much if not more now.  It's giving me more joy than a lot of RPGs I've played in recent years.  Wholly underrated title. 

Legend of Dragoon is good.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2971 on: May 19, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »

Bought Tomb Raider 1 remake from some steam sale a while back, and Rayman Origins tonight. Played both briefly. Hooooooooooly christ, RO is pretty.

Anyway, tomorrow's Saturday. Gonna try to force myself to game some so I can get back into gaming. Thinking I might start up Elemental Gimmick Gear or Shenmue.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2972 on: May 19, 2012, 04:39:02 AM »

Fuck Ice Cabbages.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2973 on: May 19, 2012, 09:53:42 AM »

Spent some time trying to figure out Sentient on ps1

There's a difficulty setting called "respect for player" haha
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2974 on: May 19, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »

Spent some time trying to figure out Sentient on ps1

There's a difficulty setting called "respect for player" haha

Sentient seems neat but it's hard to play on an actual PSX because load and save times are long (and you do both a lot in that game); also tried emulating it but didn't work right. From my understanding it's basically The Last Express in Space.

Anyway, beat Level 2 of Maken X, and played EGG for about an hour. EGG seems charming!

---edit---

Did another level of Rayman Origins. Also played The Desolate Hope for a bit.

I think I just got high off the combined art direction prowess between the two of them.

That or I should've refrigerated that shandy and I am actually a little drunk right now, IDK~
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:07:39 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2975 on: May 19, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »

currently playing lots of tactics ogre. picked it up again recently and am loving it.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2976 on: May 19, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »

My favourite League of Legends champions as a wallpaper.

Though I won't be actually using it as a wallpaper as I like the one Dice made for me so much.

Username: Heliotrope Star - if anyone wants to play.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2977 on: May 20, 2012, 01:21:41 AM »

I wanna cry Goosey. ;___;
You flatter me more than boyfriend does. x(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2978 on: May 20, 2012, 05:09:53 PM »

Wrapped up Star Ocean 2 nicely.  After I finish writing a review, gonna continue with some more Red Dead Redemption.  I think I'm at least 80% done, but it could be less.  After that... I'm not sure what I'll play next.  Maybe finally try Persona 3.

eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2979 on: May 20, 2012, 05:33:23 PM »

Radiant Historia (DS) - Brilliant game. At the beginning of ch.3 when the game cranks up the difficulty somewhat. Fighting some boss who just kicks my ass to hell and back. I've figured out a strategy to take him down but I'm not doing enough damage for that plan to work so I might have to grind somewhat. For those who have played the game :
Code:
It's the Alistel commander when Alistel is preparing to invade Celestia. He's surrounded with 4 self-destructing douchebags that annihilate me.
Shadow of Destiny (PSP) - Got ending E. Short game. Only took me about 2 and half hours but I liked it. Plenty of silly things in it but it kept me interested. Now I only have to find the remaining endings.

Lastly, if I didn't have an exam in two weeks I would start Valkyrie Profile Lenneth. It keeps teasing me, sitting there in it's case next to my bed. (or I'm hallucinating..)

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2980 on: May 20, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »

Radiant Historia (DS) - Brilliant game. At the beginning of ch.3 when the game cranks up the difficulty somewhat. Fighting some boss who just kicks my ass to hell and back. I've figured out a strategy to take him down but I'm not doing enough damage for that plan to work so I might have to grind somewhat. For those who have played the game :
Code:
It's the Alistel commander when Alistel is preparing to invade Celestia. He's surrounded with 4 self-destructing douchebags that annihilate me.

The strategy for that particular fight is to grind out Roche until he learns one of his area attacks then use that to clear out as much of the first wave of bombs as possible then it becomes a matter of pushing the boss around if he sets up mines in the back or having Roche clear out the mines if they spawn in the front (the boss itself basically gets locked into respawning more bombs rather than doing anything to your party and no wave after the first spawns four bombs so you're basically good to go if you can get by without getting stomped too badly).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2981 on: May 21, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »

Got the grappling hook and fire beam in EGG.

Play VOOT again for a bit. I'm not particularly good at rapidly closing my distance with the enemy mech so I can do a melee attack. THINK this is where real twin sticks might come in handy, but not sure. I think you can rotate while dashing so I might try doing that.

Beat another level in Rayman Origins. Tried to figure out how many levels the game had, so I noticed that levels tend to have either 3 or 6 lums* and averaged that out to 5 lums per level. Then I saw that there were 247 lums total in the game, so I rounded that up to 250. Then I divided that by five.

Was disappointed when I found out the game only had 25 levels.

Was even more disappointed when I realized how fucking bad I am at math.

* When I say lums, I mean the pink things that aren't lums.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:26:55 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2982 on: May 21, 2012, 02:30:12 AM »

60hrs on skyrim and the ending is nowhere in sight, i'm just dying to play SH hd collection though
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2983 on: May 21, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »

I love the evil path in Infamous.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2984 on: May 21, 2012, 03:39:55 PM »