Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 10:27:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331854 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 414124 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3135 on: June 14, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »

Shit, maybe I should skip Persona 4

No.

I "skipped" Persona 4 and I don't even care after playing 200+ hours of P3 FES. Is the same damn thing in a another setting, with other cast of characters, plot and fixed mechanics.

Besides, I didn't like the story of P4 that much in the end anyway. No big loss for me, though, it has been a while and maybe someday I'll get the Vita version.

Maaaybe. :V
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3136 on: June 14, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »

I "skipped" Persona 4 and I don't even care after playing 200+ hours of P3 FES. Is the same damn thing in a another setting, with other cast of characters, plot and fixed mechanics.

Besides, I didn't like the story of P4 that much in the end anyway. No big loss for me, though, it has been a while and maybe someday I'll get the Vita version.

Maaaybe. :V

Haha "It's the same thing except for all these things that are completely different!" I prefer P3 over P4, probably because at time I  P3 was fresh and P4 was, as you said, a fixed P3 with a new story, etc. but I liked it a lot despite all those things. The characters are memorable and the story is great.

Playing Devil Survivor 2 right now (could I say this is just a suped up Devil Survivor?) and now starting the 5th day. I haven't decided if I like this more than the original Devil Survivor yet. In the original I felt like their situation was more dire. There's also a ton more characters in this game and lot of side plot keeps popping up with questions that I don't know the answer to yet. Hopefully all these things resolve themselves.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3137 on: June 15, 2012, 02:26:27 AM »

I think I finished the main quest for skyrim, I don't know because I blacked out and woke up at 5:30 with the controller in my hand. Last thing I remember is getting the dragonslayer achievement and then lights out,,, possibly probed by aliens
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3138 on: June 15, 2012, 10:45:05 AM »

Congrats, Dark!  I'm sure it took a while!

Dark Cloud 2:  Is it just me, or is Max slightly a better character than Monica?  Specifically, her monster transformations seriously have NOTHING on just normal attacks and are leagues from being anywhere near as good as Steve/Ridepod.  And for that matter, the Left-Hand equipment can't really keep up with actual attacks.  Enemies are too quick to really get a ton of use out of ranged attacking...

Ho hum.
Still have a great time, finished up the Forest, off to the tear-jerker Canyon.

Also playing LoZ: Oracle of Ages (AAUUGH, my dad is tainting it right now, he took it with him to the toilet!!! Dx ).  Beat the first two dungeons.  While I love the focus on puzzles in this title, I think the seasons mechanic is cooler (that, and you get to play around in Sabrosia).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3139 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »

Also playing LoZ: Oracle of Ages (AAUUGH, my dad is tainting it right now, he took it with him to the toilet!!! Dx ).  Beat the first two dungeons.  While I love the focus on puzzles in this title, I think the seasons mechanic is cooler (that, and you get to play around in Sabrosia).

This was my least favourite Zelda, I enjoyed Seasons a lot more. I found the time-travel mechanic annoying, especially in the overworld - there are too many places where it seems that it's only there to slow you down rather than doing anything interesting with it. There's at least one point where you travel back in time, walk a few steps to a portal back to the future, walk another few steps and travel back again, and repeat.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3140 on: June 15, 2012, 05:13:01 PM »

Dark Cloud 2:  Is it just me, or is Max slightly a better character than Monica?  Specifically, her monster transformations seriously have NOTHING on just normal attacks and are leagues from being anywhere near as good as Steve/Ridepod.  And for that matter, the Left-Hand equipment can't really keep up with actual attacks.  Enemies are too quick to really get a ton of use out of ranged attacking...

I never used the monster transformations that much.  I only used Monica because she uses a sword and magic instead of Hammer+Gun, but indeed the ridepod was pretty good.  I don't remember magic being bad, but perhaps limited in usefulness?  Isn't there a lock-on feature because I cannot remember.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3141 on: June 15, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »

I never used the monster transformations that much.  I only used Monica because she uses a sword and magic instead of Hammer+Gun, but indeed the ridepod was pretty good.  I don't remember magic being bad, but perhaps limited in usefulness?  Isn't there a lock-on feature because I cannot remember.

There is a lock feature, but it doesn't help when the strength is so low, usually doing about 1/4 of the Weapon attack.  Also, the individual differences in long-range attack between M&M is really obnoxious.... Max's gun is better at point-blank, which really harms it's use as a "projectile", and Monica's needs to charge to be more effective where, if it's already doing like a quarter of the attack damage, can have you in for a long battle. 
Monsters, besides the fact they don't have "weapons" to break, are annoying to level up, and again, just not as strong.  You didn't like using Max??  He's a tank!! :O
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:01:44 PM by Dice » Logged

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3142 on: June 15, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »

Isn't there a way to power up her magic other than charging?  Is it good at distances?  I really need to replay it I guess.  I remember it being good, but that was 9-10 years ago =\

I did like Max, but I'm just a traditional swords/magic kind of guy I guess.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3143 on: June 15, 2012, 09:33:42 PM »

So I finally finished Yakuza 4 and I think the best way to resume my experience is What a game!
I must say that the last superfight was incredible. I really like it when games have an amazing climax at the end and this one delivered.

Even though I said I just finished it... I kinda started another game already on Hard.
Time to date all those hostesses with my New Game+ big pile of money.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3144 on: June 15, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »

I think I'm near-ish the end of Persona 3 (gearing up for December full moon), but I dunno what I want to play next.  Leading candidates are Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII, and Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana.  Never played any of them before. 

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3145 on: June 16, 2012, 11:53:20 AM »

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Got it from a bargain bin. It's kinda fun, but protagonists need to STFU. Everything that comes ouf of their mouths, out of anyone's mouth really, is just so boring! The only reason I don't click through the text as fast as possible is because I want to collect the red words. It's not like I read the entries, but atleast it makes me feel as if I'm doing something while those pieces of carton yap on and on and on...
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3146 on: June 16, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »

I think I'm near-ish the end of Persona 3 (gearing up for December full moon), but I dunno what I want to play next.  Leading candidates are Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII, and Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana.  Never played any of them before. 

Just to throw you my two cents on the matter..... I totally vote Atelier Iris.... old school goodness that totally scratched the RPG itch like no other in a long time for me..... playing through it is what sold me on the rest of the series actually.... just to warn though, this one is was all about the gameplay for me as the story is certainly nothing to write home about.... and on the note of games that leave something to be desired....

Despite my urge to jump right into Atelier Meruru, I'm fighting the good fight and trying to meander my way through Rorona.... Not near as fun as Iris was for me.... no sir... not that the two are even really comparable in any sense.... Alas though, I've too much time invested now... I'm on assigment 8 and plugging away...

In other news....I am proud to announce earlier this week I finished my 108 star playthrough of suikoden 1 finally!! I chipped away each sunday for the last little while and finally polished it off!! Now I can move onto suikoden two after getting some more backlogging out the way.... speaking of backlogging...

I also stuck it to my playthrough of the first leg of Final Fantasy IV anthology..... had it backlogged since this time last year.... I feel its completion has brought closure to me in some sense... now I can move on to the post FF4 installments finally.

Last but certainly not least in my backlog that I hope to finish off before Agarest 2 comes out in a mere 13 days, I've got Earthbound! I hadn't played it since its release when I was quite young and thus didn't remember a blessed thing.... Its proving really fun for me in a number of sense but most inspiring of all is the soundtrack.... damn this may very well be my favorite soundtrack in sometime....

Oh yea... and one major-fail this week to report.... I started Y's Oath of Felgahna... erroneously in thinking Y's games are critically difficult I decided to play on easy instead of normal.... Big freakin' mistake..... WAAAAY too easy.... I thought it would get harder and pounded through the first half dozen bosses and few dungeons only to reach the point where I'll be damned if I start it over but am really not deriving a drop of pleasure from it.... Y's without the difficulty factor=really unrewarding...... So it looks like this is going to be a start-over somewhere way down the road.....

I've been a busy-little-gamer this week :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3147 on: June 17, 2012, 01:49:48 AM »

Got almost all the trophies in Uncharted 3. There's a ton of unlockables in the multiplayer mode also, maybe a little too much really.

Y's

I never got why so many people write the name of the game like this when anyone can clearly see Ys. Not Y's, YS or whatever.

Not that I'm annoyed by this or anything, is just a thing that catch my attention.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3148 on: June 17, 2012, 01:55:26 AM »

Got almost all the trophies in Uncharted 3. There's a ton of unlockables in the multiplayer mode also, maybe a little too much really.

Y's

I never got why so many people write the name of the game like this when anyone can clearly see Ys. Not Y's, YS or whatever.

Not that I'm annoyed by this or anything, is just a thing that catch my attention.

Calling it "yeez" sounds just as weird.  I take either spellings/pronunciations

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3149 on: June 17, 2012, 01:59:57 AM »

Y's

What is your PSN id? I want to trophy stalk you
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: