Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319164 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 357664 times)
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3195 on: June 23, 2012, 04:00:11 AM »

If I remember right, I broke FFVIII by buffing up all my GFs with items (cant remember how it worked exactly, something about those cards that you collect from the minigame), junctioining everything to Zell, keeping him on low HP and haste, spamming the "skip to next available character" thing to activate his limit faster. The result was a constant shower of his multi phase limitbreaks at 9999 damage per hit. Worked for most encounters, there was a part in the game that actually nullified this tactic by blocking certain game mechanics from working though.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3196 on: June 23, 2012, 11:37:01 AM »

Really enjoying Might and Magic Clash of Heroes. Easily the best puzzle Rpg hybrid I have played. It has its issues (weak story, some battles are impossible unless you re-start) But the core gameplay is so great I dont mind. Looks like it would be a great multiplayer game to.

I really liked Batman AA. Great production and voice acting, and it controlled like a dream. The re-use of enemys was my only issue with it. Still need to play the sequel, even though I have owned it for awhile.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3197 on: June 23, 2012, 05:10:26 PM »

I never beat it because it got too hard. Apparently, I wasn't "playing it right". Relied too much on Guardians, and my characters ended up way too weak somehow. I imagine I could coast through it today, but back then I was confused because it was so different than all the other FFs before it.

The exact same thing happened to me. I got to the part where a boss sucks in one of your characters and she becomes part of it or something (its been a really long time) and you cant use your Summons because it hurts your character to. I relied way to much on my GFs.

Yeah, it's amazing just how far the game is willing to let you go despite your playing it wrong. Incidentally that's the last fight of disk 3. But you were probably not that off in terms of being able to deal with Adel if you work on respecing your Junctions and stick to limit breaks. Plus I believe you're in a good place to card some high end fools which you can refine for high end loot if you need it and if you've been doing all the sidequests up until that point you can easily just buy your way out with the shop command and refine tents for maximum Curagas or something. And if you've been using Zell or Ivrene you can easily wreck Adel with their limit breaks (hopefully you spent most of Sefier's last stand drawing the hell out of his Aura spells and for Ivrene at least had built up a solid supply of Pulse Ammo).

I was in the same situation as Grim and Pmayo when I originally played it when it first came out.  I got stuck on Adel and couldn't really beat her as I didn't have enough stuff to junction my characters I guess.  As for Seif, if their save was anything like mine was, their characters weren't strong enough to draw for too long before they would get killed.

Strength is mostly a non factor in FFVIII. All you really need is to properly junction your GFs so that all the major stats are covered on your main three party members. HP, Strength, Vitality, Magic, and Spirit. Cover those with the highest value spells available and you should be solid. Remember you can pass around spells between characters so put all your best spells onto your three man team along with every GF you have (GFs and spells do you no good on the bench).

Next you need to check your junctionable abilities and passives. You'll want things like Str +50 or 70%, Spd +30 or 50% Auto Haste, Auto Protect, Auto Potion, Auto Shell, Auto Reflect (because honestly you're never going to be casting a spell on your people unless it's Aura or Curaga), Mag +50%, Vit +50%, Spr +50%, HP +50% ect.... These are honestly more important than what junctioning spells to your stats does for you. Junction your GFs so that as many of your 3 man team gets at least Ability x3.

Elemental Defense, Status Defense, and Status Attack are your next concern. Almost every offensive spell in the game has an element to it. Every percent placed on your Elemental Defense is a percent of the total incoming damage from magic made either null or to serve you. Your top spells should be distributed to either Strength or your Elemental Defense (DPS wants Str while Vending Machines want Elem Def x4). Aim to distribute Elem Defs as evenly as possible. Status Defense should be treated with emphasis on major nuisances such as Stone, Sleep, Silence, Death, Confuse, Berserk, Stop, and Zombie. Shit like Poison and Blind are ignorable and Slow can be countered with Haste at least. Status Attack is a fun thing though. Unlike Elemental Attack, Status Attack isn't nearly as prone to blowing up in your face as Elemental Attack (and with a hard and easily reached damage cap of 9999 there's little reason to go for elemental damage after disk 2). Pick something fun like Pain, Death, Break, Zombie, or Drain to stick on your weapons and watch your enemies randomly go bye bye.

And finally, getting magics in the first place. First thing to note is that Magic determines how successful you are at drawing from enemies as well as it influences how much you gain from enemies and draw points. This is, however, a moot point since most of your magic should be coming from *** Refine where *** equals whatever magic you're currently looking for. These should've been your highest priority when you were going through the game and acquiring APs. Boost, GF Max HP^%, and Summon Mag^% are mostly worthless on later GFs (unless your GF's name is Doom Train) and are probably safely overwritten with abilities taught to your GFs. And getting back to getting magic, Card Mod is the best place for anything, magic or otherwise. See, what Card Mod does is it allows you to make items out of cards. Most of these items can then be further refined into magic or ingredients for upgrading weapons and making ammo. Additionally cards can easily be won from card playing chumps if you understand how to play Triple Triad and aren't playing with Plus and Difference rules which suck (granted playing with All is the best but it sucks in trying to keep it in regions). Furthermore the game is inundated with card playing chumps so you really shouldn't have had too much trouble in keeping a healthy supply of cards flowing into your Card Mod.

However from the sounds of the previous posts, I suspect that you haven't done this. Fortunately you still have options if you don't give a shit about 100% completion. I'm going to highlight a list of suggestions that should get you past Adel and the Sorceress Rush afterwords.

- If you have Tonberry and have Call Shop learned, use it to buy potions, magazines, and Refine fodder. If you don't have him, don't sweat it.
- If you have Doom Train, stick it on the party member with the highest affinity and lead off the fight with it. If not, use Meltdown. These inflict a status effect that drops enemy defense to 0 and little resists this (though given the fight you're fighting you'd probably be better off junctioning Meltdown to somebody's Stat Att instead).
- Look at your GF cards and your inventory and use Card Mod to get the items that you think will best suit your needs. High level cards can net you some very swank Refine fodder.
- Remember, at this point, whomever isn't on your active team should be considered for all intents and purposes to be permabenched. Anything still on them is either in storage or is a wasted resource.
- The caveat to the above is if you were using Zell before you put the game down for the long long goodbye since you'll probably want to swap him out for somebody with an easier to use limit break (although if you got stuck here you probably weren't using him to begin with).
- Have somebody with high DPS/Str stick as many Drains on their Stat Att slot if they have it. With high Spd and good Stat Def you'll have somebody who's effectively immortal.
- Cerberus is a good GF to use if you want to burn magic in a hurry. And don't be afraid of burning junctioned magic either, there's always more where that came from and there's nothing like Triple casting Curaga, Flare, and Hastaga for a quick turn around.

With the bullet list above you shouldn't have any trouble taking out Adel in one or two attempts. This game is incredibly easy to bend over your knee thanks to the developers' short sighted desire to rewrite the rules of JRPGs without actually changing anything meaningful, and then implementing a minigame that basically handed you the keys to the gameplay system on a silver platter.

Strength is mostly a non factor in FFVIII. All you really need is to properly junction your GFs so that all the major stats are covered on your main three party members. HP, Strength, Vitality, Magic, and Spirit. Cover those with the highest value spells available and you should be solid. Remember you can pass around spells between characters so put all your best spells onto your three man team along with every GF you have (GFs and spells do you no good on the bench).

Next you need to check your junctionable abilities and passives. You'll want things like Str +50 or 70%, Spd +30 or 50% Auto Haste, Auto Protect, Auto Potion, Auto Shell, Auto Reflect (because honestly you're never going to be casting a spell on your people unless it's Aura or Curaga), Mag +50%, Vit +50%, Spr +50%, HP +50% ect.... These are honestly more important than what junctioning spells to your stats does for you. Junction your GFs so that as many of your 3 man team gets at least Ability x3.

Elemental Defense, Status Defense, and Status Attack are your next concern. Almost every offensive spell in the game has an element to it. Every percent placed on your Elemental Defense is a percent of the total incoming damage from magic made either null or to serve you. Your top spells should be distributed to either Strength or your Elemental Defense (DPS wants Str while Vending Machines want Elem Def x4). Aim to distribute Elem Defs as evenly as possible. Status Defense should be treated with emphasis on major nuisances such as Stone, Sleep, Silence, Death, Confuse, Berserk, Stop, and Zombie. Shit like Poison and Blind are ignorable and Slow can be countered with Haste at least. Status Attack is a fun thing though. Unlike Elemental Attack, Status Attack isn't nearly as prone to blowing up in your face as Elemental Attack (and with a hard and easily reached damage cap of 9999 there's little reason to go for elemental damage after disk 2). Pick something fun like Pain, Death, Break, Zombie, or Drain to stick on your weapons and watch your enemies randomly go bye bye.

And finally, getting magics in the first place. First thing to note is that Magic determines how successful you are at drawing from enemies as well as it influences how much you gain from enemies and draw points. This is, however, a moot point since most of your magic should be coming from *** Refine where *** equals whatever magic you're currently looking for. These should've been your highest priority when you were going through the game and acquiring APs. Boost, GF Max HP^%, and Summon Mag^% are mostly worthless on later GFs (unless your GF's name is Doom Train) and are probably safely overwritten with abilities taught to your GFs. And getting back to getting magic, Card Mod is the best place for anything, magic or otherwise. See, what Card Mod does is it allows you to make items out of cards. Most of these items can then be further refined into magic or ingredients for upgrading weapons and making ammo. Additionally cards can easily be won from card playing chumps if you understand how to play Triple Triad and aren't playing with Plus and Difference rules which suck (granted playing with All is the best but it sucks in trying to keep it in regions). Furthermore the game is inundated with card playing chumps so you really shouldn't have had too much trouble in keeping a healthy supply of cards flowing into your Card Mod.

However from the sounds of the previous posts, I suspect that you haven't done this. Fortunately you still have options if you don't give a shit about 100% completion. I'm going to highlight a list of suggestions that should get you past Adel and the Sorceress Rush afterwords.

- If you have Tonberry and have Call Shop learned, use it to buy potions, magazines, and Refine fodder. If you don't have him, don't sweat it.
- If you have Doom Train, stick it on the party member with the highest affinity and lead off the fight with it. If not, use Meltdown. These inflict a status effect that drops enemy defense to 0 and little resists this (though given the fight you're fighting you'd probably be better off junctioning Meltdown to somebody's Stat Att instead).
- Look at your GF cards and your inventory and use Card Mod to get the items that you think will best suit your needs. High level cards can net you some very swank Refine fodder.
- Remember, at this point, whomever isn't on your active team should be considered for all intents and purposes to be permabenched. Anything still on them is either in storage or is a wasted resource.
- The caveat to the above is if you were using Zell before you put the game down for the long long goodbye since you'll probably want to swap him out for somebody with an easier to use limit break (although if you got stuck here you probably weren't using him to begin with).
- Have somebody with high DPS/Str stick as many Drains on their Stat Att slot if they have it. With high Spd and good Stat Def you'll have somebody who's effectively immortal.
- Cerberus is a good GF to use if you want to burn magic in a hurry. And don't be afraid of burning junctioned magic either, there's always more where that came from and there's nothing like Triple casting Curaga, Flare, and Hastaga for a quick turn around.

With the bullet list above you shouldn't have any trouble taking out Adel in one or two attempts. This game is incredibly easy to bend over your knee thanks to the developers' short sighted desire to rewrite the rules of JRPGs without actually changing anything meaningful, and then implementing a minigame that basically handed you the keys to the gameplay system on a silver platter.

The save I was talking about was literally from when it came out back in 1999.  Because I was shitty at it and played it like it was FF7, it's definitely on my list to replay from the beginning so I'll remember your tips and do it right this time.  Thanks.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3198 on: June 23, 2012, 05:50:58 PM »

I seriously do not understand the hate Dragon Age II received. 30 hours in and I love this game!
Dude, don't do that! I already scratched it off my list of "games to play". Sometimes I'm relieved when a game I'm anticipating turns out to be bunk. I prefer having only a couple games on the list at a time. I really DID want to play this early on, even despite the mediocre reviews. Then a bunch of people here convinced me otherwise.

I feel the EXACT same way sometimes (that is, sometimes its relieving to know your not missing out on something you intended on pouring at least 40-60 hours of your life into.... especially when you have so many other 40-60 hour life-wasters sitting on the shelf enticing you-LoL).... Dragon Age 2 was one such case for me as well... but then again it isn't hard to talk me out of a WRPG... in any event maybe I too will reconsider turning a blind eye to this title seeing as how its less than 20 buck now and it comes suggested by Bytor who is currently batting a thousand with me after suggesting "Now and Then, Here and THere" over on the anime board....

Any-hoo..... This week in gaming for me HAS ROCKED!! I finally beat Atelier Rorona... let me repeat I FINISHED ATELIER RORONA FINALLY!!.... For a game that I started off really appreciating this one got REAL stale for me..... but I feel all the better for having meandered my way through it. I will however say, I am highly disgusted that I ended up with the Cordelia ending. I worked my non-functioning-testes off to get the Sterk ending, met all the requirements as far as I knew, had his friendship level waaay up and yet... lo and behold... I failed... Thats what I get for refusing to use guides or faqs I suppose... The way I see it reviews and reading on boards spoils enough for me....

I also recently begun moving my way through Earthbound again since its release when I was but a youngin' (at which point I could not appreciate, nor finish the title).... I went in a bit skeptical but have to admit, I feel this game totally deserves the acclaim it gets. So freakin' original in so many respects and challenging in ways I really didn't expect. I love the fact that (so far) nothing feels recycled.... some of the stuff this game requires you to figure out to progress is just brilliant yet borders on ridiculous which I can really appreciate. I can't think of a single other title that requires you to stand in place for 3 minutes in order to advance through a standard plot dungeon.... something you would NEVER figure out to do if you were not a thorough player talking to all the various townsfolk you come across. Waaaay cool how this game doesn't treat the player with kid gloves in any respects really... My only complaint here is the gameplay leaves alot to be desired. Especially the menu and inventory systems..... Talk about a head-ache.

Lastly, I was steadily moving through Hyperdimenion MK2 after having that one backlogged since Tales of Graces F came out.... I got to the third chapter this week but I'm thinking this a gonna be a spuratic weekend or in-between title for me. Why....? Because Agarest 2 comes out this week!! And I am abso-freakin'-lutely diving into that one head first this wednesday upon release. Tis a good week to be a gamer for me... yes it is...

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3199 on: June 23, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »

Beat the Volcano dungeon in Timestalkers.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3200 on: June 23, 2012, 11:26:53 PM »

At the end of Dragon Age II and I still absolutely love it, loads and loads of fun. Actually finished Time Splitters 2 yesterday for shits and giggles, nice little game, and almost finished with Rhapsody on my little old DS.

Everything's Eventual
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3201 on: June 23, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »

Got into Fire Emblem 7 hardcore for the past week, and I beat it today. First time through, and after many manic resets and vocal outbursts of "Fuckfuckfuck!" I managed to beat it without anyone dying. Missed one recruit though :(. Debating on whether I want to jump back in for the Hector play through, play another FE, or just play another game altogether.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3202 on: June 24, 2012, 04:51:15 AM »

I never beat it because it got too hard. Apparently, I wasn't "playing it right". Relied too much on Guardians, and my characters ended up way too weak somehow. I imagine I could coast through it today, but back then I was confused because it was so different than all the other FFs before it.

The exact same thing happened to me. I got to the part where a boss sucks in one of your characters and she becomes part of it or something (its been a really long time) and you cant use your Summons because it hurts your character to. I relied way to much on my GFs.

Yeah, it's amazing just how far the game is willing to let you go despite your playing it wrong. Incidentally that's the last fight of disk 3. But you were probably not that off in terms of being able to deal with Adel if you work on respecing your Junctions and stick to limit breaks. Plus I believe you're in a good place to card some high end fools which you can refine for high end loot if you need it and if you've been doing all the sidequests up until that point you can easily just buy your way out with the shop command and refine tents for maximum Curagas or something. And if you've been using Zell or Ivrene you can easily wreck Adel with their limit breaks (hopefully you spent most of Sefier's last stand drawing the hell out of his Aura spells and for Ivrene at least had built up a solid supply of Pulse Ammo).

I was in the same situation as Grim and Pmayo when I originally played it when it first came out.  I got stuck on Adel and couldn't really beat her as I didn't have enough stuff to junction my characters I guess.  As for Seif, if their save was anything like mine was, their characters weren't strong enough to draw for too long before they would get killed.

The save I was talking about was literally from when it came out back in 1999.  Because I was shitty at it and played it like it was FF7, it's definitely on my list to replay from the beginning so I'll remember your tips and do it right this time.  Thanks.

Yeah, playing it like FFVII or like any normal JRPG is a bad idea. Mostly because leveling up your characters is bad as even with the skills that boost stat growth during level ups, your character's stat gains per level are completely insignificant meanwhile enemies scale to your level and generally speaking will range from slightly outpacing your stat growth to maxing out everything but HP before you leave the first disk (and that HP growth is the real killer since late game enemies can easily eclipse 9999 HP and by level 100 will sport tens if not hundreds of thousands of HP and fights with them become massive slogs). Junctioning is where the lion's share of your stats will come from as well as +XX% abilities that further boost totals.

Incidentally the advice in the massive quote was meant for late game and dealing with Adel and eventually Ultimacia's bullshit. What you want to do is take Maxximum advice at the top of this page to get items from cards that teach your GFs more useful abilities than what many of them will learn on their own, pick a reliable DPS to dump the premier junction options on like Zell or Squall, prioritize cranking his HP total as high as you can followed by Strength, then drop his HP to as low as you feel comfortable with and abuse the switch party member select mechanic to proc limit breaks 420 ev'ry day.

Additional advice is to prioritize learning the Refine abilities as those are your bread and butter for getting through the game. Everything revolves around them and getting them is your highest priority. While you want to prioritize your picks for party members you'll want to at the very least prep one female for the Balmb Garden/Missile Base segment during disk 2 where your party will be separated into the heavy hitters and the chicks. As for your character options, Squall and Zell (if you can handle his limit break) are by far your best DPSs. Quisitis is probably your best female thanks to Degenerator being absurdly broken. Riona has Angelo for dog fisting shenanigans plus if you avoid learning any of her extra dog commands beyond Shooting Star (and the item find/dispense ones) you can increase the chances of her procing it for her Ghetto Lion Heart. Sephie and Irving are the bottom of the barrel due to Sephie's slots randomness and Irving's expensive, and later, hard to come by ammo. For weapon modifications, Squall is the only one who really cares due to his limit break finishers being tied to his weapon's form. Sephie is the only other person's weapon worth getting maxed out asap as its maxed form maxes out her Accuracy stat. The others only offer minor improvements at best and can be done at your leisure. Despite my saying so, GFs aren't entirely useless during early game combat. Granted you'll want to phase them out by Timber or the King's Tomb but they are useful when you lack the more fun toys like High Mag Refine. Past that, Diabolo is good for an opener once he gains a few levels and is able to take a fifth or nearly a third of a boss's health in a single shot and later on Cerberus, Doom Train, and possibly Cactuar will replace him for good GFs to use for Defenseless, partywide Double and Triple, and static/unblockable based damage that might even break the damage limit. Enc Half and shortly thereafter Enc None are your friends, get Diabolo as quickly as possible. Same with Brothers, Odin, Tonberry, Cactuar, and Doom Train (if you have Odin then during the fight against Seifer right before Adel, do nothing but draw Aura out the ass, you'll win either way and it's annoying trying to get them from elsewhere). In fact get every GF as soon as you come across them since the sooner you get them the sooner you can learn and employ their abilities. Always have somebody with the Draw command on (preferably somebody with high Magic), somebody with either the Item or Magic commands (preferably Item since traditional consumables still exist and nothing foils a good plan like everybody getting silenced or losing your DPS to a random Death or Break spell plus nothing wrecks an undead boss like a Phoenix Down), and somebody with Card. Possibly put the GF command on your designated GF bot (remember the more you use a GF the more their affinity rises with that person and higher affinity shortens casting time), Mug if you want to save yourself some time playing card games (I forget if mugging a boss means that they wont drop their designated item or not, even then it can be worth it sometimes), iirc Recover and Revive are good alternatives if you don't want to bother with Magic or Item but you should still and always have Item on somebody. Elem Att is actually fairly useful during the middle parts of the game when you know what element you're generally up against and you haven't rammed the damage limit cap using but random attacks yet. And once you need to, use a Phoenix Pinion so that Phoenix can start showing up to randomly bail you out of a full party wipe.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3203 on: June 24, 2012, 05:27:27 AM »

You know, everybody says don't level up in FFVIII but I was completely unaware of that advice when I played it (because I never consult guides and stuff my first time through a game) so I leveled up out the wazoo and I never had trouble with it.  Actually I thought FFVIII was a really easy game (and yes, I beat it).

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3204 on: June 24, 2012, 08:27:17 AM »

Kevadu, GFs have skills that impart stat bonuses when you level up or something. Wendt. If you HAVE those skillsz, then you'll eventually outstrip the enemies you encounter in terms of stats. Like, their stats go up in linear when they level, yours go up not quite exponentionally but more mathomagically as a whole.

Oh and GF affinity never seemed to matter much to me.

Mashing Boost during the GF animation does seem to have a decent affect on damage done. Note that I wasn't aware how Boost worked during the first time I played FFVIII and still basically got through most of the game with basically spamming GF summon.

And after a certain point you get Odin and ArmFucker, both of which basically instakill any random battle you encounter. Only instead of preventing from the battle at all it loads and you get a long animation and it quits without you being able to do anything. THRILLANTE!

~-Czech eRepublic~!

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3205 on: June 24, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »

Wow that is a blast from the past. I bought this when it came out, and still own it for dreamcast. Is it any good? I remember being really disappointed with it. I was excpecting big things from it since it was one of the first rpgs for dreamcast and it was developed by sega (i think?), but was really turned off by the random dungeon's and going back to level one all the time. It also had a severe lack of story if I recall

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3206 on: June 24, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »

Timestalkers has an awesome overworld.... but it's the weirdest fucking game ever.

Breath of Fire III -- Commencing with the "Balio & Sunder Saga".  Nina has to have the cutest sprite ever.  But in general, the 2D spritework is stunning.  I know this is nothing far-fetched, but I wonder why the older Nina art and older Nina sprite are so disgustingly different (like, seriously, she loses that cuteness when she's older and just looks stupid).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3207 on: June 24, 2012, 04:14:04 PM »

Wow that is a blast from the past. I bought this when it came out, and still own it for dreamcast. Is it any good? I remember being really disappointed with it. I was excpecting big things from it since it was one of the first rpgs for dreamcast and it was developed by sega (i think?), but was really turned off by the random dungeon's and going back to level one all the time. It also had a severe lack of story if I recall

IDK it's pretty much a straight-up roguelike and it seems really similar to Azure Dreams, from what I've heard of Azure Dreams. It seems pretty fast paced compared to some console roguelikes.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3208 on: June 24, 2012, 04:15:23 PM »

Anyone been playing Pokemon Conquest?

Need opinions, cause I wanna play it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3209 on: June 24, 2012, 11:18:43 PM »

Played BoFIV for like an hour. Did the whelk stuff in the desert. This game is slow as hell :|

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: