Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319119 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 357108 times)
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3270 on: July 02, 2012, 05:56:43 AM »

Bought Amular on PC, good game so far. I think i'll get allot of newer titles for the laptop. Just looks so damn good
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3271 on: July 02, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »

I am completely addicted to Atelier Meruru.  It's probably been almost ten years since I was this addicted to a game, to the point where I have been neglecting eating and sleeping to get more hours in.  In all honesty I think I liked the story and characters in Totori better (Meruru lacks a driving purpose), but the gameplay has been refined to a whole new level in Meruru.  Having the new third tier of development really helps, so now you have to split your time between crafting, adventuring, and developing.  But they all complement each other perfectly and the feedback is pretty immediate so it leads to a constant feeling of just wanting to play a little more.  Combat--which has never really been a strong point in the Arland trilogy--has also been subtlely improved and it's a lot of fun.  Rather than just being something you have to do it makes me actually look forward to crafting the perfect gear and items so I can take them into combat.

Yeah, this game is friggin good.  What a way to end the trilogy.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3272 on: July 02, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »

Been playing a lot of MvC2 this weekend.  On a real oldschool kick lately.  I'm finding Strider a pretty fun character to use.

Also I really hate how you can play for like 2 hours in Xenoblade and get nowhere because you got sidetracked doing quests, rebuilding, etc. Argh.  Never gonna finish the game at this rate.  I did craft some badass gems though.  Both haste and double attack are at 50%.  Not sure how that works with skills though and whether it's additive or multiplicative (my guess is the latter).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3273 on: July 02, 2012, 05:02:10 PM »

Smartphones are fun.
♥ ♥ ♥
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:28:45 PM by Annubis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3274 on: July 02, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

Smartphones are fun.

Lies!

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3275 on: July 03, 2012, 01:00:17 AM »

I was anti-smartphones until my job gave me a Blackberry Torch last year.  Became a key part of inter-office communication very soon after.  A few months later, I received an iPhone as a birthday gift in February earlier this year.  Now I can't live without the motherfuckers.

Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3276 on: July 03, 2012, 07:12:49 AM »

Been playing a lot of MvC2 this weekend.  On a real oldschool kick lately.  I'm finding Strider a pretty fun character to use.

Also I really hate how you can play for like 2 hours in Xenoblade and get nowhere because you got sidetracked doing quests, rebuilding, etc. Argh.  Never gonna finish the game at this rate.  I did craft some badass gems though.  Both haste and double attack are at 50%.  Not sure how that works with skills though and whether it's additive or multiplicative (my guess is the latter).

Ha ya I am having the same problem with xenoblade. At this point I pretty much only do two or three side quests in a given area and then force myself to move on. Its one of those gmes I wish I could beat, and then come back and do everything, but I know it annoyingly closes everything off at points. o and..

I WANT TO TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!! ;)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy comes out today!! cant wait to pick it up! :)

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3277 on: July 03, 2012, 09:02:20 AM »

I started up Arkham Asylum last night. I really like how fluid the whole thing is. It just plays so well. The combat is very elegant.  I barely do anything, and I end up chaining combos, and beating the shit out of thugs. Detective mode is cool, too. I like that the game isn't just running from room to room and beating guys up.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3278 on: July 03, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »

Finished Rhaposdy, fun little game, almost done with Walking Dead Episode 2, been pacing myself and trying to decide what to put in the PS3 next., thinking about trying Bayonetta again...

Everything's Eventual
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3279 on: July 03, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »

Once you start using one, it's hard to imagine not having one.  Curious to see what happens with them since Apple is basically accusing everyone of stealing their ideas.  Hopefully eventually thrown out.

Also, I took a look at the E3 thinger on the homepage and noticed Dust: An Elysian Tail.  I looked it up and youtube and damn, it looks awesome.  DO WANT.  Probably won't see a demo until the game's release in August =\

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3280 on: July 03, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »

Once you start using one, it's hard to imagine not having one.  Curious to see what happens with them since Apple is basically accusing everyone of stealing their ideas.  Hopefully eventually thrown out.

I've been using a smartphone for years.  Since before most people had heard the term 'smartphone'.  I still reserve the right to hate them.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3281 on: July 03, 2012, 06:59:36 PM »

My Galaxy Nexus is my lifeline. It how I does my internets. Never use the comp for browsing anymore. Im writing this on it now. Plus i got an assload of old Snes rpgs on it.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3282 on: July 03, 2012, 08:47:07 PM »

Ha ya I am having the same problem with xenoblade. At this point I pretty much only do two or three side quests in a given area and then force myself to move on. Its one of those gmes I wish I could beat, and then come back and do everything, but I know it annoyingly closes everything off at points. o and..

I WANT TO TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!! ;)

That's cool. Doing all the side quests tends to make you overleveled anyways. That said, you could probably start with clearing only the ones that have little clocks on their quest log entries so that you don't miss them while moving forward and then go back to pick up the ones you missed later on after you've advanced two or three regions past them so that the rewards won't net you more than a level or two.

And speaking of I've just recruited the game's Billy expy and have been making short work of the time based sidequests. (I've been sitting on this game for a while now since I haven't had the opportunity to play until recently.)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3283 on: July 04, 2012, 05:03:53 AM »

Finished dead island, Can't recomend this one or would at least suggest reading the review here. Dungeon seige 3 or DAO2 or maybe The Last Remnant is next. Tried witcher 2 on laptop last night, this is one sexy title.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3284 on: July 04, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »

Xenoblade Chronicles: Explored pretty much every available part of Bionis's Leg and snapped up a few key items in the process along with locating a bunch of landmarks and a few secret areas.

Next up, Colony 6.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: