Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 11:39:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327331 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 385602 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3300 on: July 07, 2012, 01:18:27 PM »

Xenoblade - So I somehow managed to unlock the 4th tree for #7 by accident.  In that tree lies what could be a really strong (and possibly TOO strong skill).  Kind of considering not getting it because I have a feeling #7 will become an aggro magnet if I use it.  I might take one of Dunban's agility gems off to put another Aggro V on him to try and help offset it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3301 on: July 07, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »

What happened to that rumor where Skies of Arcadia was going up there and why the hell did no one follow it up?? D:

--
Gamin' Update:  Final Fantasy Theatre Rhythm is absolutely fantastic, and the nostalgia trip has me believe in Square's FF future (idealist?).  I suck at rhythm games, but this is quite a blast.  The OP/ED sequences... are kinda dry, and I question the tracks for the main run (I actually really, really don't like Aeris' theme and One Winged Angel).  And while they're charming SD figures, I hate the rose-cheeks and the sort of dotted-cat-nose part... but the enemies more than make up for it appearance-wise.  Also, some of the translations are pretty dubious (specifically before battle & level up quotes)  So far, real happy. This game can have all my money as far as DLC is concerned (sorry Agent D... I've fallen!).

Totally agree dice. I am absolutely loving this game. Final Fantasies music has always been top of the class, and its great to see a game revolving around it. The replay value is also through the roof, it will probably take me years to unlock everything. I also totally agree with you on One Winged Angel. It sounds appropriately epic, but melodically I think its really lacking.

Playing this game has also reminded me how outstanding the music in Final Fantasy 8 is. Its been a long time since I played it, but every song that I have played so far has been excellent. Man with the Machine Gun and Waltz for the Moon are stunning.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3302 on: July 07, 2012, 06:40:09 PM »

I also totally agree with you on One Winged Angel. It sounds appropriately epic, but melodically I think its really lacking.

The best version of One-Winged is the one in Advent Children (the original version, not the one from the "complete" album). Also, does Theatrhythm has Birth of a God? I love that one from FFVII.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3303 on: July 07, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »

Batman: Arkham Asylum - I'm totally digging this. It's fun stalking thugs and picking them off one by one. Too bad I kind of suck at combat. I just mash the attack button and move Bats around. Seems to work.

Child of Eden - I've played it a couple times now. Stunning to look at, but I'm not very good at these kinds of games. I don't like how you have to play through the first couple levels multiple times to open up the third, and so on. Each level should open up upon playing through the one before it. Your star rating should have nothing to do with it.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3304 on: July 07, 2012, 10:10:04 PM »

Finished Heavy Rain and decided to try LA Noire, bored and annoyed at first, then I found myself interested, we'll see where it ends up.

Everything's Eventual
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3305 on: July 08, 2012, 07:46:02 AM »

Too bad I kind of suck at combat. I just mash the attack button and move Bats around. Seems to work.

You'll do much better if you don't mash the buttons. You need to be very deliberate, land one or two punches then immediately target another enemy with a single blow, then onto the next guy and so on, making sure to counter whenever the icon pops up. The idea is to keep moving between targets - make use of the space and try not to get surrounded, even if an enemy is half way across the room if you attack them in the middle of a combo Batman will leap towards them. It's pretty amazing to watch once you get the hang of it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:18:54 AM by DPB » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3306 on: July 08, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »

Continuing on in Xenoblade, trashed a mechon and got a rather dapper badass out of it. Currently bumming around Bionis's Leg looking for more time limited sidequests.

Also picked up an old H5 run of FEDS1 so that I could fill out some more of the event viewer. Currently stomped through chapter 13. Probably going to field Beck and Jake for ballista shenanigans even though it got annoying how many deaths were caused by Beck constantly missing on an 80% chance to hit.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3307 on: July 08, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »

What happened to that rumor where Skies of Arcadia was going up there and why the hell did no one follow it up?? D:

--
Gamin' Update:  Final Fantasy Theatre Rhythm is absolutely fantastic, and the nostalgia trip has me believe in Square's FF future (idealist?).  I suck at rhythm games, but this is quite a blast.  The OP/ED sequences... are kinda dry, and I question the tracks for the main run (I actually really, really don't like Aeris' theme and One Winged Angel).  And while they're charming SD figures, I hate the rose-cheeks and the sort of dotted-cat-nose part... but the enemies more than make up for it appearance-wise.  Also, some of the translations are pretty dubious (specifically before battle & level up quotes)  So far, real happy. This game can have all my money as far as DLC is concerned (sorry Agent D... I've fallen!).

Totally agree dice. I am absolutely loving this game. Final Fantasies music has always been top of the class, and its great to see a game revolving around it. The replay value is also through the roof, it will probably take me years to unlock everything. I also totally agree with you on One Winged Angel. It sounds appropriately epic, but melodically I think its really lacking.

Playing this game has also reminded me how outstanding the music in Final Fantasy 8 is. Its been a long time since I played it, but every song that I have played so far has been excellent. Man with the Machine Gun and Waltz for the Moon are stunning.

Personally, I thought of the FF8 bunch, the overworld theme was amazing, even amongst FF's as a whole.  It's calm, pleasant, makes ya think...
I hope there's a lot to unlock, I'll throw my money in (actually, I youtube'd some of the DLC songs, some... could be better -- I didn't buy those. xD )

Anyone else playing??  Anyone having a slight issue with some of the EMS (aka FMV) songs??  I feel like the response on them lags a bit.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3308 on: July 08, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »

--

Personally, I thought of the FF8 bunch, the overworld theme was amazing, even amongst FF's as a whole.  It's calm, pleasant, makes ya think...
I hope there's a lot to unlock, I'll throw my money in (actually, I youtube'd some of the DLC songs, some... could be better -- I didn't buy those. xD )

Anyone else playing??  Anyone having a slight issue with some of the EMS (aka FMV) songs??  I feel like the response on them lags a bit.

Unlocking the extra characters in and of itself is going to take many many hours, I have played around 10 and I think the most shards I have for anyone is 4? And ya, I am terrible at the FMV songs, the problem is, is that the actual inputs flow fine, but the frame rate on the videos in the background are TERRIBLE, making a kind of confusing juxtaposition. I also seem to be really inconstant with the swipe inputs. Sometimes I feel like I have it down and will get a few in a row, and then other times (most of the time) I simply cant nail any. I am sure I am just doing it wrong, but its pretty frustrating. Really wish I could get a street pass with this thing, I really like how they handle it.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3309 on: July 08, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »

This past Thursday I downlaoded Kenka Bancho and Hexyz Force on from Atlus's PSN sale.  So far Hexyz Force is really generic but decent.  Only about two or three hours in.  Haven't tried Bancho yet. 

Also, just got back from a wedding, and I received Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim as my groomsman gift (which I wasn't aware was a thing).  So sometime this week I'll import my ancient Dissidia save and try out the new charas. 

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3310 on: July 08, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »

A friend of mine recommended a totally bitchin' indie game called Slender today so I went and downloaded it(only a little over 50megs) and it SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME. I would recommend that everyone try it.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3311 on: July 08, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

Why? the qunari and their burtthurt. When tough guys whinge you can't take them seriously. Good sequel and I think i'll go through it as a mage for the 2nd time. I bought witcher 2 enhanced edition for the 360, as much as the lappy is giving me amazing graphics, it's just not practical to have it hooked up to my tv at this time.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3312 on: July 09, 2012, 01:14:56 AM »

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/7/3142865/super-bad-oral-sex-scene-in-the-secret-world

Oh CUM ON! >__>

Actually improving in Rhythmheaven Final Fantasy... I'm amazed, I suck dick (^ok, bad timing^) at rhythm games.  It's really fun, but definitely not for casual play, you gotta be clear and awake.  Celes's track is giving me hell on Ultimate, mainly because the arrows are a goddamn mess.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3313 on: July 09, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »

The environments are really beautiful in Xenoblade. Really encourages you to explore them. I just got through the marsh area with the glowing trees, loved the color scheme. Now in that cave with all the glowing green stuff, very cool.

Also has anyone ever completed all the side-quests in this game?? It seems almost impossible, I dont even try at this point or else I would get nowhere

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: July 09, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »

I seem to have forgotten everything in Witcher 2.

Also ME3 MP. I still want a vorcha. I did get the Reegar gun though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: