Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327201 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 384235 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3345 on: July 14, 2012, 04:39:14 AM »

This is the kind of thing that could completely derail the thread. If you care enough to post about that find an appropriate thread or start one.

I still don't get why so many people get so stressed talking about this topic, but either way I'm not going to start anything. I was just saying.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3346 on: July 14, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »

This is the kind of thing that could completely derail the thread. If you care enough to post about that find an appropriate thread or start one.

I still don't get why so many people get so stressed talking about this topic, but either way I'm not going to start anything. I was just saying.

That's because of two things. A) The matter has been prevalent throughout all of human history and we're no closer to addressing the issue than we were back when we were living in caves and B) Because humans are incredible assholes by nature.

The fact of the matter is that humans simply love to draw lines between things no matter how arbitrary the differences between those two things are. And there are differences between males and females, even today there's no way to get around this (especially since modern medicine is little better than the stuff we had back when we were bleeding people out to purge them of evil spirits). And no matter what a person's intention's might be in drawing that line, we're still drawing that line with the idea that those on the side I'm on should get or have gotten the better deal and the other side 'needs our help'/'can die in a fire'.

Basically the matter of equality can only be resolved when we cease to be human.

Anyways, there was a thread made not too long ago that tackled this issue and the matter really should be moved there for future reference.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3347 on: July 14, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »

First real "day off from stuff" in weeks.  Gonna go to the gym and then play FF XII for several hours.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3348 on: July 14, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »

The game looks awesome and clean looking if you don't mind sprites.  After playing this for awhile, I think Trails in the Sky 2 would be pretty awesome on this since it happenin on the PSP seems really slim.

The big reason I haven't replayed Trails in the Sky is because I'm hoping they get it on Steam sooner than later. I'm definitely expecting at least the first game to hit there, preferably within a few months. I DO imagine it'll take longer than the Ys games on account of having more text to insert and being a longer game to test.

Well, now with word it might get ported over to the 3DS... I wonder if XSeed or any other company has ties to the Japanese companies to know what they're doing and plan that far ahead.
Fuck... I just want SC. :(  Anything else can be delayed if it meant a guarantee for more of this series.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3349 on: July 14, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »

Even though I didn't get far I loved Trails. When I get back to commuting by bus or train I'll get back on that.

Chugging along in Ass 2. Ignoring the feathers/chests but getting the glyphs and tombs. Those are FUN collectibles.

I tried the new Spidey game at a buddy's house and it's meh.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3350 on: July 14, 2012, 02:49:58 PM »

So I'm replaying Chrono Trigger for the Umpteenth time.
... and yet, I'm still having fun.

Just got the repaired Masamune and on my way to Magus.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3351 on: July 14, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »

Chugging along in Ass 2. Ignoring the feathers/chests but getting the glyphs and tombs. Those are FUN collectibles.

Feathers were a pain the ass to find because they blend in pretty well.  There are maps somewhere on gamefaqs/gamespot locating all the feathers.  Only sane way to do it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3352 on: July 14, 2012, 05:54:30 PM »

HOLD THE PHONE FOLKS!!! If I just read through the last page of posts correctly then....

A. I can use my PS3 controller to play steam games?

and then in theory....

B. I can (and already have) my television displaying my PC

so thus....

C. I can essentially enjoy the whole thing as a console-like set-up with little difficulty???

This is extremely cool news....

Anyways... as for my current exploits.... I got back to Gen 2 in Agarest 2 on normal difficulty.... hard was waaaaay too hard by the end of Gen 1 for Klyde here..... And on that note, I'm really loving this one..... 8.5 out of 10 for me.... with more cutscenes, and better tutorials it would have been a 9 or 9.5. Reminds me a great deal of Valkyrie Profile gameplay wise, which I was not expecting..... I was also not expecting the writing to be entertaining but the narrative is really well done.... instead of an afterthought to lend purpose to what I am doing, I'm actually hanging on dialogue and plot development. This game provides a wonderful sense of "reward" for my efforts, whilst not being overtly grindtastic..... that is (when you finally understand it) the skill system proves more then sufficient to rework strategies and allocate strengths amidst your party to handle most any encounters....... but let me tell you what, if you mis-manage things too much, rely too heavily on repeat strategies/party set-ups/characters your gonna start getting completely dwarfed. Well enough about that.... in other news....

I finally tore myself away from Agarest for the weekend to catch up on some Earthbound, as typically I try to do on the weekends.... Made it to summers and totally loving it.... I'm so happy I never played this again since child-hood and remember nothing.... Its like a totally new (and welcome) experience for me.... Classic gaming goodness at its best I tell ya.... the puzzle variety in Earthbound never ceases to amaze.... I've yet to really see much recycled and am floored by the ingenious ways they keep you on your cognitive toes in regard to progression in this title....

Speaking of classic gaming, I downloaded Monster World IV off the PSN and am giving that a whirl as well...... I forgot that I liked things other than RPGs at one time.... old school classic platformers kick ass.... Maybe I just haven't played enough to really expose myself to anything I like, but no current gen platformers I have entertained have really tripped my trigger... including current gen "side-scroller" styled stuff.... this is the ticket though... REALLY freakin' cool game....

Lastly this week Dice made me jealous again playing the new FFTR.... Last week she made me jealous with Breath of Fire 3.... Both of these titles are next in line once I polish off my current playthroughs.... I feel like Dice is always playing what I'm dying to get to next.... I don't know how she does it-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3353 on: July 14, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

Feathers were a pain the ass to find because they blend in pretty well.  There are maps somewhere on gamefaqs/gamespot locating all the feathers.  Only sane way to do it.

I'm so done with that type of stuff though. Unless it gives something cool in the game in some incremental fashion like leveling up...pass. I realized how dumb  mindless collectibles are when I was picking up steel ingots in Fallout 3 DLC
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3354 on: July 14, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »

Things moving along quite well in Final Fantasy XII.  I'm ~10 hours in with six party members, I've done a bunch of marks, and I'm about to cross the desert into the tomb of an ancient king.  License Board isn't my favorite thing ever, but the combat is better than I expected and I like the guild framework they use for sidequests (it's totally ubiquitous now, but it still works).  I doubt I'll see this thing through to get every weapon and summon and bounty, but I'll get some decent mileage out of it before the credits roll.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3355 on: July 14, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »

I'm so done with that type of stuff though. Unless it gives something cool in the game in some incremental fashion like leveling up...pass. I realized how dumb  mindless collectibles are when I was picking up steel ingots in Fallout 3 DLC

but, but the achievos man.  The achievos...

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3356 on: July 14, 2012, 06:56:55 PM »

I'm so done with that type of stuff though. Unless it gives something cool in the game in some incremental fashion like leveling up...pass. I realized how dumb  mindless collectibles are when I was picking up steel ingots in Fallout 3 DLC

The reward that you get for collecting all the feathers is very underwhelming - it's a cape that when worn makes you always notorious. I don't know why the developers thought that was a good idea. On the positive side, you do get to see a short cutscene.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 06:59:36 PM by DPB » Logged
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3357 on: July 14, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »

Things moving along quite well in Final Fantasy XII.  I'm ~10 hours in with six party members, I've done a bunch of marks, and I'm about to cross the desert into the tomb of an ancient king.  License Board isn't my favorite thing ever, but the combat is better than I expected and I like the guild framework they use for sidequests (it's totally ubiquitous now, but it still works).  I doubt I'll see this thing through to get every weapon and summon and bounty, but I'll get some decent mileage out of it before the credits roll.

Couldn't manage to hammer out all the optional stuff for that one either.... one of the few FF's I didn't actually.... By the end things became pretty redundant to me.... that, and I just couldn't care enough about the cast in that installment... I did like Ashe though, as cliche' and archetypical as she may have been....

On my Earthbound kick this weekend, look at the cool Jeff figurine I discoverred on e-bay!!

My wallet says.... "useless, do not impulse buy....."..... but my heart and mind yearn for a cool and well put togeather earthbound display for my living room...... damnit....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3358 on: July 14, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »

Made some progress in Demon's Souls over the past couple of days:

Managed to make it through 4-1 to the Adjudicator.  Boss was surprisingly easy when I used melee and some caution.  Did some soul farming in 4-1 afterwards and explored 4-2, learning how to farm the Reaper.  I also went back to 1-1 and did a lot of Hoplite farming.  I managed to upgrade my shield, axe, and compound longbow.  I also had the 'honor' of my first invasion.  After farming the reaper and killing the red-eyed skeleton I was attempting to snipe a ray and someone took the liberty of back stabbing me repeatedly while I was trying to switch away from the sniping view and change weapons.  Oh well.  I still managed to level up several times, so I'm happy.  I also met Patches the Hyena.  It didn't end well for him.

I'm also playing through Sly 2: Band of Thieves.  A wonderful antidote for Demon's Souls when I need a break. :)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3359 on: July 15, 2012, 08:59:45 PM »

Been playing Dragon Quest IV DS for the Past few days. Currently on Chapter 4. Capter 3 was great, and makes up for the last two chapters being mediocre. If it can stay this good, this might be the first Dragon Quest game I actually enjoyed.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: