Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319050 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 356486 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3375 on: July 16, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »

Just got to the Sea thats above Rik'si village, and wow, its just an amazing landscape. Is this the most beautiful game ever?

What gam?

Anyway, Chapter V in DQIV isn't something you're going to go through quickly at all. It's also somewhat nonlinear.

Breath of Fire 4 - Caught some fish. shitload of jellyfish. jellyfish reflectors. yepyepyep. In a forest. Looking for wind dragon. Nina bought me a soda and tried to molest me in a parking lot. Also I suck at combos still although I did get high enough to get next stuff from Rwolf and Kaiserchefs Ladylord in the Village of Cats.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3376 on: July 17, 2012, 06:25:36 AM »

Sounds like Xenoblade to me.

One word of advice on the subject of getting everything in FFXII. DON'T.

Seriously. Its ridiculously easy to screw yourself over due to all the arbitrary bullshit the game pulls. The Zodiac Spear may be the most blatant act of easily missable loot but it's not the worst. During the game you'll come across an accessory called the Diamond Armlet that supposedly boosts the value of the treasure in a chest, but after a while it'll start doing the opposite, making it impossible to get the true reward in a chest. This is especially true in regards to rare, one-time only chests found in the penultimate dungeon. And then there's the loot that can be gotten during one-time only fights.

Here is a bit of perspective for the sake of anyone who didn't play it:

- In the Secret area of a dungeon resides the best summon and possibly the best gear in the game.
- The chests containing the best gear can only drop said gear upon their first opening (after that it's random crap)
- The odds of said chest to give you the item you want (and not something like... an elixir) is somewhere around 0.12%
- As Moonson said, the item to increase the odds of good items in chest makes the best items impossible to drop (and the game does not mention this anywhere)

Now, the chests themselves are usually quite far into the dungeon, which is pretty hard (as in can't rush there, gotta travel slowly killing monsters) and there are no save points at all. As such, loading and going back to the chest is about a 10-minute job.

FFXII really missed the mark with the ultimate gear.
Those % would be fine in an MMO if and only if the content could be attempted over and over; not a single-player game with only one attempt.

Don't forget that a number of those chests only have a low chance to spawn per dungeon visit as well.

The lighthouse is the worst offender in terms of this bullshit since it has 100 floors plus a basement and sub-basement filled with post game enemies with these chests scattered throughout.

And then there's the bullshit involving that one dagger....

Just don't play FFXII with a collect-100%-of-everything mentality and you'll be fine.  It's not like you actually need any of that crap.

It's worth doing hunts though, because not only are they fun but there's some story that goes along with the later ones.

I remember at some rank you get access to some sort of accessory you can buy from the guild hunt shop (or w/e) that can basically inflict every status ailment in the game at once (as long as they aren't immune to that ailment) on an enemy with a remedy.  It's crazy good.

Most of the hunts, some of the esper fights, and some of the environments are the best parts of the game. You'll want to do the hunts mostly due to being the only reliable way to acquiring decent gear throughout the game.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3377 on: July 17, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »

So went and bought L.A. Noire Complete only to find out my save from regular games does NOT transfer over....oh well, at least I know what missions I messed up on so I'm gonna be a glutton for punishment and start the game over

Everything's Eventual
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3378 on: July 17, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »

Final Fantasy 12 was one of those games I hated at the time, but would really love to give it another go (though I would avoid all those crazy loot drops. I have heard so many people praise it in the many years since it came out that I am pretty sure I missed out on a lot. I could not stand the battle system the first time through but I think I could appreciate it now, also think I would enjoy the more political story. I got about 30 hours in the first time and stopped.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3379 on: July 17, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »

I think i'm on the last quest for DAO2, this game, fun for the 1st 20 hours and then get's a bit silly. THPSHD gets released today on XBL , or maybe tomorrow since today here is already tomorrow for you guys.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3380 on: July 17, 2012, 10:45:36 PM »

Demon's Souls is on hiatus for now.  1Up's week of Metal Gear Articles caused me to break down and start on my Metal Gear HD Solid Collection.  I played MGS2 straight through over the past three days and I've now started on Snake Eater.  First time I've ever played it!  I'm very impressed thus far (just completed the first mission).  The lack of radar and improved enemy AI provide a greater level of immersion and intensity.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3381 on: July 18, 2012, 12:21:34 AM »

Level 21 in FF XII, getting through the rains on the plains. 

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3382 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »

The last Assassin's tomb in Ass 2 made me

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3383 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »

Finished DAO2, I didn't mind it and will do another run through some time. Game for me now is Witcher 2, theres a bug in the tutorial on the 360 where it just refuses to throw bombs, apart from that I think this will be good.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3384 on: July 19, 2012, 02:12:36 AM »

3rd time playing through the bulk of Ass Creed 2... jesus I love this game. As much fun as I've had w/ other games this gen this might be my favorite.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3385 on: July 19, 2012, 02:44:11 AM »

Just finished the 2nd act/part of Vesperia. The final boss of the part was actually much easier than I anticipated. I'm around lvl 54-55, and have almost 60 hours in, but with going afk while playing, I'm sure its closer to 53-55 hours. I am still really enjoying it, but I kinda want to get to end.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3386 on: July 19, 2012, 10:04:42 AM »

Arkham Asylum - This is a great game. The Joker is getting just a tad annoying, though. And I absolutely cannot stand Harley Quinn. She needs a serious throat punch.
I'm enjoying all the exploration and secrets to find. Some of the combat scenarios are getting repetitive, but that could just be my own lack of skill.
I'm at the point right after
Code:
The doctor lady gets blowed up, and I had to follow Harley. I'm hoping I get to punch her in the face.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3387 on: July 19, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »

I love the Joker in that game but if you don't care for it then I can see it being annoying.

I had no idea it was going to almost Metroidy with the exploration and I freaking loved snooping around. Also, getting to know the environments and turning off detective mode is great because the scenery is incredible. Such a damn good game. The interview tapes were always entertaining.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3388 on: July 19, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »

Ys Origins fire boss is really intense.  Definitely a really fun fight.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3389 on: July 19, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »

Geometry Wars has got to be one of the best arcade shooters ever. Just got the galaxy version for wii and despite the controls not being as good as the 360 one (the classic controller has little ridges that make it ever so slightly harder to aim) Its leagues better in every other way, well besides graphics. I am terrible at it but it is one of those games I wish I had friends who played so I could chase high scores other then my own.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: