Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 04:36:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329270 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 396779 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3390 on: July 19, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »

I love the Joker in that game but if you don't care for it then I can see it being annoying.

I had no idea it was going to almost Metroidy with the exploration and I freaking loved snooping around. Also, getting to know the environments and turning off detective mode is great because the scenery is incredible. Such a damn good game. The interview tapes were always entertaining.
No, I think the Joker is awesome. He's just a little bit ubiquitous. I think he would be more effective if you saw and heard him a little less. I guess that's just not in his character, though.
The interview tapes are cool to listen to. Heck, I'm liking all the "extra" stuff.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3391 on: July 19, 2012, 09:46:48 PM »

Ys Origin:  Fought a big fucking centipede in a water themed dungeon, which makes absolutely no sense at all.  Now I'm a fire themed area.  Can't wait until the wind, earth, and heart dungeons show up.

Ys Oath:  I'm at my favorite stretch of the game, the Illburn Ruins and the lava zone after it.  My favorite because those are my favorite songs in the game back to back. :P

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3392 on: July 19, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »

Sort of addicted to fishing game in breath of fire 4.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3393 on: July 19, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »

I am actually really enjoying Final Fantasy (I) on the PSP, it's much better looking than the NES and the encounter rate seems less. Of course I feel I'm a much better game player than I was when it first came out but still, it's a nice trip back into some good memories.

Everything's Eventual
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3394 on: July 19, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »

I love the Joker in that game but if you don't care for it then I can see it being annoying.

I had no idea it was going to almost Metroidy with the exploration and I freaking loved snooping around. Also, getting to know the environments and turning off detective mode is great because the scenery is incredible. Such a damn good game. The interview tapes were always entertaining.
No, I think the Joker is awesome. He's just a little bit ubiquitous. I think he would be more effective if you saw and heard him a little less. I guess that's just not in his character, though.
The interview tapes are cool to listen to. Heck, I'm liking all the "extra" stuff.

I love how dark and twisted Arkham Asylum is. Especially the spider node things you "scan" That's a twisted storyline.
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3395 on: July 20, 2012, 01:32:07 PM »

I am actually really enjoying Final Fantasy (I) on the PSP, it's much better looking than the NES and the encounter rate seems less. Of course I feel I'm a much better game player than I was when it first came out but still, it's a nice trip back into some good memories.

Always been interested in trying out the psp versions. It just worries me how easy I heard they made the games. I think I would be bored if they took all the challenge out of them, the bonus content interests me though.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3396 on: July 20, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »

Xenoblade -  wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Gameplay wise, I've pretty much broken the game with #7.  Just too good.  Considering taking out the Haste VI gem to replace with Attack Plus VI gem.  Seems more useful in that Speed Boost pretty much caps your haste anyway once you get an intermediate or advanced book, but will be slow as balls if the ability isn't up.  Not sure.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3397 on: July 20, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »

I still feel that the best version of FFI was on the PSX. There are just enough updates to remove a good deal of pain from the early game slog by speeding up the leveling rate and increasing the level cap from 50 to 99 without massively breaking the difficulty curve (anymore than it originally was at least) unlike the implementation of the standard MP pool that every other version has. Also it contains the original version of the game almost entirely intact (graphics aside).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3398 on: July 20, 2012, 09:59:16 PM »

Ys Origin:  Fought a big fucking centipede in a water themed dungeon, which makes absolutely no sense at all.

I'm guessing you've never had a centipede in your bathtub before?

Anyways, I'm on the final dungeon of Dragon Quest IV. I think it's safe to say I like this game now. Not sure if I should just wrap it up tonight, put it off until tomorrow, or do what I usually do and quit right before the end for no good reason. =P

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3399 on: July 20, 2012, 11:29:10 PM »

MGS3 has me completely addicted.  I'd say I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the game (I've defeated The Fury and found Sokolov in the base), and as far as I'm concerned it's the best in the series thus far (I haven't played 4 or Peace Walker).  The environments are beautiful and the boss battles are great.  I also love the camouflage, medicine, and stamina stuff.  I was concerned about them, but I can't help but feel that they add to the immersion, in particular camouflage.  The fight with The End is my favorite boss battle in recent memory.  I also like the idea of having one game in the MGS series where the plot is reigned in to an extent.  I definitely see myself replaying this to perfect my technique and get plenty of trophies.  I can't believe I missed this game back in the day when it came out.  I even had the MGS 1/2/3 collection and managed to never get to this game.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3400 on: July 21, 2012, 02:43:20 AM »

Anyways, I'm on the final dungeon of Dragon Quest IV. I think it's safe to say I like this game now. Not sure if I should just wrap it up tonight, put it off until tomorrow, or do what I usually do and quit right before the end for no good reason. =P

If you're playing the DS version, there's some brief-but-mostly-entertaining postgame content that's worth checking out. 

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3401 on: July 22, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »

I don't think I'll even be able to finish it, let alone play the Post game. The Final boss has been kicking my butt for a while now. I'll try one more time tomorrow, but I'm about ready to move on. I've already started playing other games.

I played Atelier Rorona for almost 4 hours, and ended up with a lot of mixed fillings. On the one hand, I hate the characters, the dialogue could be better, the alchemy is more limited than I'd hoped, so far all I'm doing is a bunch of menial fetch quests, the combat could be better, and for some reason going out and looking through the nearby forest could take up an entire week. Oh, and even though certain things take up only part of the day to make, a full day still goes by. On the otherhand, I feel like many of these problems will get better as I go along.

So I guess I'll give Rorona another shot tomorrow and see if I start to like it more. Until then, I restarted Tales of Destiny and got back to where I was. I really like this game for some reason, the combat is amazingly repetitive at the moment, but it's still fun, and the characters and dialogue are great. Also, I'm surprised to find that the Japanese dialogue is fully intact in this one.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3402 on: July 22, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »

My FF XII quest was sidetracked by Civilization V.  I've already beaten two full Standard-map games on Warlord difficulty (level 3 of 7, I think) in about 2.5 days.  That's a lot of Civ.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3403 on: July 22, 2012, 11:33:55 PM »

14 play hours later, I've beaten Chrono Trigger yet again.
I'm not sure if I want to take this fresh game and play it twice more to max everything.
I'll probably do it eventually but right now I think I'll install one of the 2 new games I bought recently.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3404 on: July 23, 2012, 03:07:33 AM »

Dungeon Seige 3 has been fun so far, I was button mashing up until the "free the prisoners" quest. I realize you need to use some technique to get through some of the battles. The script is great, enjoying the story which I think has been well put together and keeps you involved. I just suddenly stopped playing Witcher 2, I do like it and will start to play again, just lost my groove with the gameplay. THPS HD on XBLA has been put together quite well, I think allot of the reviewers have failed to notice the bugs that exist in this rendition are the same as the bugs that existed a decade ago.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: