Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 10:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327296 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 385071 times)
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3420 on: July 25, 2012, 11:08:42 PM »

Firefox keeps auto correcting Dungeon Siege to Dungeon Seige. Anyway, at the chapter house in stonebridge where I assume you need to choose between the Meisters or the Queen. This game has been great so far
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3421 on: July 26, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »

I'm not sure what I would do if I actually bet 100 Rogues.

Dying is actually enjoyable.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3422 on: July 26, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »

Yeah, that's what I'm doing just now. Attempting a cultural victory as I'm a kind and peaceful ruler.

I'm doing a game on a large, Earth map.  I am Napoleon, and Paris is located about where Bangalore is in real life.  It's the 1870s, and I now control pretty much all of India, China, the Thai peninsula, Mongolia, Eastern Russia, all the Stan countries, and Australia.  This is my first time playing on a map this big (I like my games to be <4 hours, so I usually play on a Small or Regular map), and it really does change the dynamic.  I'm very close to eliminating the Iroquois (who control bits of eastern Russia and most of central Russia) after taking pretty much all of their major cities in the 1820s.  The only part of the Americas I've even seen is the southern tip of Argentina/Chile.

The Iroquois have been eliminated, and I control all of Russia.  I just got satellites (it's the 1920s) and can see the entire map.  I have a pretty good run against England, who controls Eastern Europe, but the Mayans control northern Africa and Western Europe, the Norse control the majority of Africa, the Inca control North and Central America, and the Austrians have just two cities in South America.  The Austrians' cities are both Coastal, so I think that I could take them entirely with a naval attempt, since they're behind technologically, while fighting a land war against Europe.  Would pretty much cement my victory at this point.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3423 on: July 26, 2012, 10:22:07 AM »

I have such mixed feelings about FF XII. There is a good game here, but some parts of the loot system and license board advancement are frustrating and/or broken. The worst part is that I think the Japan-only Zodiac Job System version fixes or mitigates several of my issues with FF XII, and I have no means of playing it other than a PS2 rom hack.

Currently dicking around in the Salikawood. Want to try and finish this before August.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3424 on: July 26, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »

I'm finally free from the UC3 multiplayer! \(^.^)/

At least until next month when Naughty Dog releases the new patch with new content and fixes for the multiplayer that also might ruin the whole thing for everyone depending the changes they make... is said that there are going to be 50 new trophies along with new DLC, a new "system" and more customizable stuff for your character which I really don't care about since the multiplayer itself already has a ton of unlockables and enough content to make everyone satisfied.

Next month also comes out the DLC for Dark Souls right? It feels like the wait for that has been eternal somehow.

But anyway, now I'm into FFXIII. This game is so pretty...
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3425 on: July 26, 2012, 08:44:08 PM »

Finally beat Assassin's Creed 2. The ending: Interesting!

Games felled this year:
rage
ico
alan wake
resident evil 5
journey
dragon age 2

amlur
me3
uncharted 2
batsy: arkham asylum
ass 2
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3426 on: July 26, 2012, 11:17:28 PM »

Which AC2? AC2, AC2-sequel, or AC2 oldman?

Decided to take a break from Xenoblade and started a fresh save on SMT: Nocturne.  I died on the beginning level =\.  I forgot how different it is compared to other rpgs which hold your hand for awhile in the beginning.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3427 on: July 27, 2012, 12:10:44 AM »

FF9's FMV's.... look weird.  Maybe it's the age, but the CG models look off. I guess as much as I adore Zidane, his giant head of hair always sat weirdly with me (the face is like 1/3 of the head, the rest is HAIR, long beutiful hair).  And it usually helps me sleep better at night to just say Kuja is a woman and be done with doing this every time s/he comes on.

Ah well, Brahne has kicked the bucket in a pretty nasty end. I don't know how Garnet mustered the love for her after several murder attempts on taking her daughter's life...but hokay.  Meanwhile, I love Brahne's all-blonde women soldiers -- clearly part of the Aryan-race mentality.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3428 on: July 27, 2012, 01:03:21 AM »

FF9's FMV's.... look weird.  Maybe it's the age, but the CG models look off. I guess as much as I adore Zidane, his giant head of hair always sat weirdly with me (the face is like 1/3 of the head, the rest is HAIR, long beutiful hair).  And it usually helps me sleep better at night to just say Kuja is a woman and be done with doing this every time s/he comes on.

Ah well, Brahne has kicked the bucket in a pretty nasty end. I don't know how Garnet mustered the love for her after several murder attempts on taking her daughter's life...but hokay.  Meanwhile, I love Brahne's all-blonde women soldiers -- clearly part of the Aryan-race mentality.

It's implied that Brahne was being mind controlled. So the murder wasn't her fault.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3429 on: July 27, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »

It's implied that Brahne was being mind controlled. So the murder wasn't her fault.

I must have scrolled through it or just not heard about it yet.  Brahne only talked about 'greed' and such.  :O
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:46:00 PM by Dice » Logged

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3430 on: July 27, 2012, 08:26:40 AM »

Well, it's clearly stated that Brahne wasn't always the way she is. She adopted Garnet and was apparently very kind and generous, hence why Garnet notices the difference in behaviour since Kuja came along.

I don't know if I go for her being mind-controlled though, I think she really was seduced. She was also in a fragile state because her husband had just recently died, and that's when Kuja started showing up. When she was dying she apologized for the things she had done, rather than saying that she was under an external influence or that she couldn't stop herself.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:38:22 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3431 on: July 27, 2012, 01:50:39 PM »

Which AC2? AC2, AC2-sequel, or AC2 oldman?

Decided to take a break from Xenoblade and started a fresh save on SMT: Nocturne.  I died on the beginning level =\.  I forgot how different it is compared to other rpgs which hold your hand for awhile in the beginning.

AC2'

Popped in Deus Ex, man is this game cool. I don't really feel like sneaking a whole bunch so I'm going to do some gunplay
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: July 27, 2012, 01:59:41 PM »

Still playing ME3 MP like a BioWhore. The Phoenix Adept is AWESOME. Too bad I suck at the adept class. (but the Revanant assault rifle is also awesome. New favourite!)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3433 on: July 27, 2012, 02:47:53 PM »

Well, it's clearly stated that Brahne wasn't always the way she is. She adopted Garnet and was apparently very kind and generous, hence why Garnet notices the difference in behaviour since Kuja came along.

I don't know if I go for her being mind-controlled though, I think she really was seduced. She was also in a fragile state because her husband had just recently died, and that's when Kuja started showing up. When she was dying she apologized for the things she had done, rather than saying that she was under an external influence or that she couldn't stop herself.  

That makes a bit more sense, I don't recall hearing anything about mind-control, nor do I really know who would be responsible for it (certainly not Kuja, because if he wasn't helping her, he was against her; so Mind Control doesn't really fit since she wasn't "obedient" in the end I guess).

...I wonder why only her and Amarant are blue-people.  ...Is that a racist sounding?

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3434 on: July 27, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »

The Qu clan are all blue. :P

I wouldn't deny the possibility of one of Brahne's parents being a Qu.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: