Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 405847 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3435 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »

Playing a ton of games lately.

Diablo III
Rainbow Moon
Darksiders
Tony Hawk HD
Civilization: Rev
Ultimate MK3
SFIII: Third Strike

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3436 on: July 27, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »

just picked up samba de amigo and earth defense force 2017 for real cheap used at gamestop. Heard 2017 is much better then IA. Looking forward to playing that one with a friend.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3437 on: July 27, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »

Popped in Deus Ex, man is this game cool. I don't really feel like sneaking a whole bunch so I'm going to do some gunplay

Human Revolution? Aside for how the boss battles and ending sequences were handle everything else is outstanding. I really got emotionally invested in the experience, not to mention that in some ways HR was (overall) better than MGS4.

Though, MGS4 has the merit of being one of the most nostalgic and depressing video games I've experienced... the ending could have been much better if Kojima did what was shown in a trailer in like 2007 for the final game. But I don't know, it could have been too much for me even if it could have been "the perfect ending" for that story.

Then Peace Walker happened and it almost ruined the little sense that Metal Gear does. It is one of the better games in the series in any case.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3438 on: July 28, 2012, 02:15:14 AM »

Edit:Ashton made his post into a topic, my reply doesn't belong here anymore.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:22:00 AM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3439 on: July 28, 2012, 02:20:35 AM »

Popped in Deus Ex, man is this game cool. I don't really feel like sneaking a whole bunch so I'm going to do some gunplay

Human Revolution? Aside for how the boss battles and ending sequences were handle everything else is outstanding. I really got emotionally invested in the experience, not to mention that in some ways HR was (overall) better than MGS4.

Though, MGS4 has the merit of being one of the most nostalgic and depressing video games I've experienced... the ending could have been much better if Kojima did what was shown in a trailer in like 2007 for the final game. But I don't know, it could have been too much for me even if it could have been "the perfect ending" for that story.

Then Peace Walker happened and it almost ruined the little sense that Metal Gear does. It is one of the better games in the series in any case.

Yes HR. Lots of fun but I'm early in.

The main character's voice is a bit much.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3440 on: July 28, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »

Working my way through Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (HD Collection version) right now.  The enemies are dumb as rocks, but I'm greatly enjoying the boss battles and the army building elements.  I also have it on PSP and I'm pretty sure the army building elements will lend some excellent replay value to it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3441 on: July 28, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »

Doing the boss battles with other people online is pretty fun in Peace Walker.

But well, FFXIII. 2nd time playing it and having a lot of with it, though, the music is so relaxing sometimes that it makes feel sleepy. ~.~
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3442 on: July 29, 2012, 12:17:51 AM »

Add a few dozen more rogues to the pile.

One of these days Satan, one of these days.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3443 on: July 29, 2012, 12:28:46 AM »

So I haven't played anything on the DS since I finished Rhapsody so decided to put in Strange Journey, got my ass kicked on the first "boss" battle, perhaps I should level up a bit.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3444 on: July 29, 2012, 01:18:01 AM »

Up to the mountain of snow in BoF4. P'ung Tap is a funny name because pung is the swedish word for scrotum.

Unreal Championship 2 seems more interesting than UT2K4.

I need to play some PC games. Really. Something ultima, and SimIsle. Come on mesh you can do diss YOU CAN DO DISS.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3445 on: July 29, 2012, 12:05:57 PM »

Doing the boss battles with other people online is pretty fun in Peace Walker.

No doubt it is, but I wanted to make a run through the game solo first.  I was particularly curious about handling the boss battles solo given that several reviewers whined about them being uber-hard due to being designed for multi-player.  I have no idea what they're complaining about, to be honest.  The only boss that really gave me any trouble was the final battle with Peace Walker, and that didn't take more than five tries, and to my knowledge I'm not an uber-awesome gamer.  Granted, I'm playing it in the HD Collection and not the PSP version, so they may have toned down the difficulty.  (I hope not since I can't get my PSP to recognize the Wi-Fi here...)

I was planning to continue the army building in Peace Walker when it was over, but MGS3 is calling me back and I'm having a hard time arguing.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3446 on: July 29, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »

Took a break from Xenoblade for a while, but picked it up again and now I'm going through Makna Forest. Man, what a beautiful area! I forgot how awesome this game was.

"Oh, a hunter..."
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3447 on: July 29, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »

Beat Vesperia today. Great great game, really enjoyed the whole thing. One of the best parts was how they handled:

Code:
the romantic aspect, or more specifically, the lack of one. Unlike the past few Tales games, there was no romantic sub-plot in Vesperia. I mean, there is slight hinting at feelings between Yuri and Estelle, which come mostly from that scene near the end outside Aurnion, but you could also totally see their relationship as platonic. Not that I mind romantic sub-plots, its just nice to not see one shoe-horned in, or just to have a game without one for a change. Conversely, the lack of a canon pairing is a shipper's dream, since it allows shippers to pair up whomever they want, so you could theoretically pair Yuri up with Estelle, Judith, Kaufman, or even fucking Flynn or Duke if you wanted.

I also especially liked the pictures that played during the credits that follow the characters after the end of the game. I liked this cast a lot, so its nice that they showed how they just got on with their lives after saving the world.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3448 on: July 30, 2012, 01:09:01 AM »

Playing a ton of games lately.

Diablo III
Rainbow Moon
Darksiders
Tony Hawk HD
Civilization: Rev
Ultimate MK3
SFIII: Third Strike

THPS HD Is great imho, even on the xb pad.

I think i''ve almost finished dungeon siege 3 since i'm at level 27. Each perk update is going towards the HP regen skill now. I don't know what it is with this game, I appreciate that it's heavily story driven but it just seems so classic?
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3449 on: July 30, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »

Beat Vesperia today. Great great game, really enjoyed the whole thing. One of the best parts was how they handled:

Code:
the romantic aspect, or more specifically, the lack of one. Unlike the past few Tales games, there was no romantic sub-plot in Vesperia. I mean, there is slight hinting at feelings between Yuri and Estelle, which come mostly from that scene near the end outside Aurnion, but you could also totally see their relationship as platonic. Not that I mind romantic sub-plots, its just nice to not see one shoe-horned in, or just to have a game without one for a change. Conversely, the lack of a canon pairing is a shipper's dream, since it allows shippers to pair up whomever they want, so you could theoretically pair Yuri up with Estelle, Judith, Kaufman, or even fucking Flynn or Duke if you wanted.

I also especially liked the pictures that played during the credits that follow the characters after the end of the game. I liked this cast a lot, so its nice that they showed how they just got on with their lives after saving the world.

I always thought Yuri and Estelle did like each other, I guess that's the way *I* chose to interpret it, of course, but all the same, I'm also glad it was only in sub-text more than some outright and out-wrought forced pairing.  They definitely did better writing them as really good friends than specifically as lovers (but I definitely thought the hinting was enough).  Hell, I'd rather have seen Vesperia 2 than Xillia 2 to keep seeing the former cast than the latter.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: